What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strain Lineage

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The TR Genetic CookBook :yes:

TR, we use this as a source of info. often, respect for pooling the genetic history/lineage of so many strains together into a nice simple list... would luv yo see more Dutch cultivars (about which the lineage is known) also included. :joint:

The only knit-pick is the use of the term 'Afghani' (a unit of currency) the correct term/word should be 'Afghan' (I'm being anal)... no sleep for the avant-garde :D

keep up the good work dude :yes: :yes: :yes:
peace n bloom dL

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi TR :wave:

We is still using your cookbook as a daily source of info. :yes:

Another knit-pick - the term 'Columbian' (as in British Columbia).
This should read 'Colombia' (as in Colombia; a South American nation) :wink:

keep up the good work :yes: :canabis:
peace dL :canabis:

black gold

black gold

bought some spice bros black gold a while back, i forgot i had them, and have been looking for info... dman's 'black gold' i think was supposed to be black domina x malawi gold. just wondering if what i have are f2's of dman's stock.

i culled one definite sativa pheno early, she was outgrowing the other females almost 2:1. out of 5, 4 were female.. i kept the shortest 2; a leggy sativa in my cabinet probably isn't a great idea. these look to be going 9-10 weeks easy anyway.

another spice brother's strain i have grown is rosetta stone, which i liked... made dense nugs and was a pretty good yielder. pretty sure that is cafe girl x some unknown indica (afghan?)

nice thread :)

G

hello there :joint:
some one said "HOG" was KUSH X AFGHAN does any one know what KUSH was used in this cross :chin: :chin: :chin:
humm :chin:

tubut kind

tubut kind said:
Kush refers to the region between Pakistani and afghan mountains, a.e. The Kush Valley.

Kush Tribal Lands in Pakistan! LOL :lurk:

AKA: The Kush Valley (Santa Barbara - Mendecino), California. :yoinks:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Originally posted by me - The 'Hindu Kush' is so broad in geographical terms that the term "Kush" can/could/is prescribed to a vast number of varieties of plant type, from across the region; including both landrace cultivar and wild species of cannabis.

M

Mr. Nevermind

I am curious if any land races in the Kush region were lost due to war. I mean we bombed the hell out of that place, curious if crops or 1 strain is lost forever due to war

Nevermind

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
R of T has a thread that asks "What happened to the afgani mj when the soviets invaded?"

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=27439&page=1&pp=15

It goes on to debate the socio-historical background of cannabis sativa and indica descending from the Afghanistan/Pakistan boarder-zone c.1970 - 2000.

Zamalito, Raco, et. al here offer some really interesting thoughts on the subject of Afghan hereditary. The question of intensive cultivation techniques implimented by "those who struggle" are also explored in places.

hope this helps
peace all
dLeaf :joint:

Last edited:

tewmten

I just skimmed through the thread quickly, so if I'm repeating something, I'm sorry about that.

Now, to my question: Would it perhaps be possible to add links or some contact information to the breeders of these strains, so I could get easly get hold of some more information about a certain strain? I've seen a few on that list that looks like it'd be worth some more research ;)
I'm not talking about links to shops where one could buy these seeds, but links to the breeders themselves.

And again, if I'm repeating what another person said, I'm sorry. Just ignore this post then.

G

DocLeaf said:
R of T has a thread that asks "What happened to the afgani mj when the soviets invaded?"

I imagine they probably took back some strains to Moscow and mixed it with some 'White Russian' (AK47 x White Widow mix). There's probably some crystally Russian + Afghani sticky bud out there nobody's mentioned.

Last edited:
G

kush, afghani, mazar i sharif, chitral, kashmere, rhajasthan, nepal, pakistan are the regions where the couchlock indicas are produced in order to make hash.Since they were not selectively bred by farmers, a few individuals from each of these lands were selected by the people who brought their seeds back.chitral , afghani, kush, mazar are all afghan strains.Afghani#1, hindu kush, chitral are a major part of today's hybrids.
This thread gave me a couple breeding ideas :)

Awesome thread. Here's one you can fill in:

According to Sensi Seeds, Black Domina = Afghani Indica x Canadian Ortega + Northern Lights x Hash Plant

N

New Grower

why there is afghani in almost every strain?

NG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts