What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sticky Grows

StickyBandit

My last Rainbowcake in DWC is stinking the tent out, very fruity! Maybe a couple more weeks...
1.5-1.7 EC

RBCake.JPG
RBCakeBud.JPG

The Corinto clones are taking off in coco pots @0.8 EC

CorintoClones.JPG

Ghost Train Haze, steaming ahead in the hempy! 1.5 EC

GTHaze.JPG

Holy Grail Kush in the Wilma system. They're short and bushy. I think I need some advice on the feeding regime on how to make them grow taller. I had this issue last grow in the Wilma also. Could be the pumice medium??
1.5 EC

HGKush.JPG

Lastly the Corinto girls are starting to develop buds slowly. They're just starting to get a few trichs and just a little aroma. I detect fresh young fruit and pepper, very subtle
I hit them with a 1.1 EC mix today, up from 0.8-1.0 as they're paling off a little. I don't want to go too far as there is a little tip burn already. Probably a little dry off would help. Next grow will be a hempy and I won't have to worry so much about the watering and will concentrate on the feeding :)

P1020496.JPG

StickyBandit

The Holy Grail Kush is away now and I flipped last weekend to 11/13 but she keeps on stretching at an accelerated pace.
Many of the leaves are growing to Jurassic proportions with double serrations, variegation and the front right girl has more fingers than a hillbilly banjo player

P1020563.JPG
P1020564.JPG
P1020566.JPG
P1020568.JPG

Legalcdn

Will you switch to coco hempy, 100% perlite, or 75/25 perlite/vermiculite?

I will be switching to perlite bottom 2 inch with coco and autowatering. The ghost train haze looks super.

StickyBandit

Thanks @Legalcdn it looks like good genetics

I add 2 1/2" clay balls to 1/2" above the 3/8" drain hole with a small piece of coarse mesh covering the hole and fill with straight coco hydrated with weak nutes. I bottom water through a tube with a removable cap so the coco doesn't get compressed and then I don't need perlite and maybe won't get fungus gnats either.
With the larger buckets I found some cheap colanders that fit perfect :)

This is that actual GTH beginning her life

Edit: You can auto water into the feeder tube and if you sit the hempy bucket on top of a collector bin with lid you can place the pump in there for a recirc system
If the lid is too weak you can cut short lengths of downpipe to place under it in the collector bin :)
As it is I use a turkey baster to suck the overflow water and use it to water my mother plants or just put it in the Wilma system

Hempy1.JPG Hempy2.JPG Hempy3.jpg P1020289.JPG

Last edited:

exoticrobotic

Looking super super healthy in the hempy buckets.

Gonna be some very large buds there :woohoo:

The hempy buckets have interested me for a while but I never got round to trying them out.

I need a more simplified system that has the potential for massive yields.

StickyBandit

Looking super super healthy in the hempy buckets.

Gonna be some very large buds there :woohoo:

The hempy buckets have interested me for a while but I never got round to trying them out.

I need a more simplified system that has the potential for massive yields.
This one is actually in a Wilma in pumice, which is kind of similar, it waters 4x a day. I might switch it to a hempy though and water once daily and run the feeder tube in through the bottom feed pipe, basically an auto hempy :)

Latest posts

Latest posts