What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sticky Bowl Pieces! High Powered Camera Style!

Relapse

Just got some Alaskan Thunderfuck so I cleaned out my bowl piece a bit. This was done with a needle, paper towel and rubbing alcohol.

Is that bit of resin worth smoking?

Last edited:
G

GFH, your pic reminds me of a pics I've seen of africans with long ass worms in their bodies.

G

Grat3fulh3ad said:
Since I understand the rinsing process, and my glass is squeaky clean when I'm done rinsing, I'm quite sure nothing is there that is grosssss... lol...

When your done cleaning with an oil based, rub the inside of your piece with a q-tip. It will prolly have some sort of dirt or goo on it. Just cuzz it looks clean doesent mean it is. Oil based products dont rinse away well.

I use Iso and salt. Then I rinse with vinager. The vinager disolves any left over salt and blast away any hard water spots or calcium bulid up. The vinager also leaves your glass sparkling clean and showcase quality.

Dont forget to rinse the vinager out. I only use bottled water in my bongs too.

G

Gringo said:

really...why?

edit: sometimes i use gatorade or something flavored but mainly i just use cold fresh tap water...

Last edited:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
A lot of bottled water is worse than my tap water. If you're interested, use a TDS meter on some bottled waters, you might be surprised.

G

Acutally I have an RO setup. I do buy purified filtered water for .69 a gallon. ph of 6.3 and a TDS of 0.

Pure water will not leave hard water spots. Tap water will leave calcium build up and leave spots on the glass. Using pure water makes it easier to clean up when you need to.

G

I use room temp pure water for my bongs. Cold water makes it harsh to me. Shoots the smoke up to fast. I like long drawn out monster hits.

G

Never use Dasani water for your bongs or to drink. Dasani is made by Coca-Cola and has a small amount of sodium in it. The sodium will stick to youur bong and will only come off with CLR or lime away. Thats why I use pure water and rinse with vinager and then a final rinse of cold water.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
I cough like hell no matter what temp the water is, so it's cold most of the time. Gringo... you're kinda OCD about residue on the inside of your bong huh?

G

cold water makes it harsh when you take huge long drawn out 1gram hits. Im a heavy smoker that hits the bong alot. Cold water is better in the bong when you vape or smoke oil.
Just my preference. Im not knocking you methods.

G

Yes I am. I like my glass bongs to last forever. My jerome baker from 1998 had lot of spots of calcium in it from years of use. I would clean it evry day or two with iso and salt. Then one day when I was smoking with my Chemistry Professor she said that If I used vinager from day one I would never have that build up.

I clean my pipes often. I have one for everyday of the week. Always clean.
I have used orange oil and it leaves a buil up inside the pipe. A q-tip wipe on the inside showed me how dirty.

I clean my pipes with ISO and salt and rinse with vinager. Then I put the glass in a pitcher of RO water.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Gringo said:
When your done cleaning with an oil based, rub the inside of your piece with a q-tip. It will prolly have some sort of dirt or goo on it. Just cuzz it looks clean doesent mean it is. Oil based products dont rinse away well.

I use Iso and salt. Then I rinse with vinager. The vinager disolves any left over salt and blast away any hard water spots or calcium bulid up. The vinager also leaves your glass sparkling clean and showcase quality.

Nope... No dirt, no goo... I know what clean is... lol

When you rub the glass with your finger, and it squeaks, then it is rinsed...

Citrus oil based cleaners work great, if you know what you're doing...

Sorry, but you guys are simply wrong here... I've been cleaning my bongs and pipes for 20 years, I'm pretty sure I know how to do it right...

They even sell orange based bong cleaners, formula 420 is one and works very well...

You can use denture tablets to clean bongs too...

I've always found using alcohol to be a lot of extra work, to get it really clean... When the alcohol evaporates there is always a stickiness left... The orange oil based cleaners disolve the resins and tars almost immediately, and they stay disolved as they rinse away... Adding a drop or two of liquid soap during the rinsing helps break up any oils that try to hang around.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
If you used pure orange oil, gringo... then it's no wonder your rinse was not thorough... it has to be an orange oil based cleaner which includes wetting agents...

G

1 litre of Iso .99cents. 1 pound of salt .50cents. 1 gallon vinager $1.99

Another reason I prefer my methods.

G

Greyskull

you guys have never smoked resin balls? c'mon.... i am calling bullshit.

when I was just out of college & broke, i always kept my resin balls from when i scraped my pieces clean for a rainy day. yeah it doesn't always taste the best. but beggars cannot be choosers sometimes... attack it with double lighters in the bong to really get it going...

of course now I have a plethora of bud available, so i don't keep any scraped resin - of course i am cleaning my pieces with 91% alcohol + rock salt, so i am not scraping clean my pieces, either.