What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stevius in Micro World

Stevius

habeeb - Hey habeeb! Yes I know.. but sometimes it is hard to achieve those numbers! Especially in small places... :wave:

Shawkmon - Welcome to the party! :friends:

ScrubNinja - Hey bro! I have one thing to ask ya. It is very strange. I have two 12cm fans. And one is 90mA and other 140 mA. The thing is... the 90mA fan is blowing much better, faster than the 140mA. :confused: I dont understand this...

NeverGlidB4 - Glad you like it bro! The filter I made was done by sugarbear's thread Micro Carbon Scrubber (Thanks Suga!). Otherwise you should look into ICMAG'S OFFICIAL ~DIY~ LINK-O-RAMA ! You will find tons of usefull stuff there!

le crunch - Hehe... that would be a good idea but I think I'm gonna leave it as it is.
The dimensions are:
External: W 30cm (~12 inch), H 48cm (~19 inch), D 26cm (~10 inch)
Internal : W 26cm (~10 inch), H 44cm (~17 inch), D 22cm (~8,5 inch)

Mk3Jetta - Hey bro! Thanks for the useful tips and advices! Appreciated! I wont do the intake from the front cause I think it is fine the way it is. As for intake taking the hot air from exhaust I think it is not such a big deal, but I do point that PVC at an angle and not straight up as in pics, so I think it is not a problem.
As for the carbon filter... The thing with incense is briliant. I would never thought of that! Thanks for this one bro! I will test it when I will have a chance. Many thanks :wave:

lasko - Glad you could make it to the show brotha! :friends: I went fishing yesterday and despite the cold and harsh winds... still no bloody squids!

As for the box: I decided to remove one of the CFL's because of a lil' bit high temperatures. So now there is ONLY ONE 23W CFL running. We shall see what happens :watchplant:

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
hey Stevius, super stealth grow for sure, but will be a wasted effort with temps that high.

I noticed your exit fan has a gap between it and the wall, wrap some duct tape around it to seal the gap. I'd also suggest to get rid of those 2 big fans blowing on the lights, they disrupt airflow more than they help.

Those 2 things will help some with your temps, but your probably going to need more help to get the temps down.

Your muffler looks too restrictive for a pc fan to push through, you could try to build one like a motorcycle muffler with a flow through design. Also you can duct tape a second fan directly on top of your exhaust fan and you should about double your airflow.

If you do all of that, you should be good with both lights in there.

just my 2cents

Mk3Jetta

I wouldnt stack the two pc fans on top of each other but have a gap between the two. Otherwise they will fight for power vs. helping each other.

edit: an airtight gap so nothing escapes or gets pulled through the gap.

k1net1k

I think Mk3Jetta was meaning to have them in series, but with a small duct between them

The theory of stacking and series should be the same thing.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Sam, you are totally correct but it's just that pc fans stacked together have their blades so close that one interferes with the other. It's a known issue in computer forums. A bit of space stops them messing with each other.

Stevius: If the power supply has enough power, and you didn't make a common stoner mistake of mixing the decimal point with amps/mA, then I'd say it's probably different blade design. I've noticed discrepancies too. Simply put, you should consider all the specs, not just one, like CFM or amps.

lasko

Stevius just an idea, i was yesterday in shoping and i saw 35 w cfl, IMO less heat than 2 x 23w, a little less power but better than 1 x 23w

Stevius

TrichyTrichy - Hey Trichy! :wave: Nice to have you here :smokeit:

Sam the Caveman - Hey Sam! Wecome to the show and thanks for the advices! Yes, I know I should tape that gap between fan and the wall but as I recall when I did this it was more louder!
I think you're right on those two fans. The air flow is not at its best. And yes, I've been thinkin about stacking two PC fans together but if I read ScrubNinja's Thread right they interfere each other. Maybe with some distance between them with a smal duct between them just like k1net1k said. But Im afraid there is not much room there. But will defintely look into it if it is possible...

johnnydfo20 - Hehe... Subs are indeed nice. Lots of "unused" space :laughing:... Yeah, you should definetely do it! At least give it a try!

lasko - Hey bro! :wave: Where the heck did you find 35W?! I've been lookin at our stores for any CFL higher than 23 W and nothing. Would you share info on where can I get a hold of this bulb?

So... the box is running fine so far. I have only one light now and the temps are not exceeding 26 °C (79 °F) so I think this is much better now. The plant is growin quite fast and it appears to be satisfied.

BUT.... I do have one "minor" problem. As usually I bake a fat spliff on my window every night before I go to sleep. This is my meditation-medication. Recently I have been told that the neighbour living under me has been starting to get suspicios and apparently he smells weed while I'm smoking on the window. :wallbash: GOD I HATE THIS! I dont know what the hell is wrong with these people.... MIND YOUR OWN FUCKIN BUSINESS!!!
Anyway he's some low-life husband, dont even know if he has a job and it pretty much keeps it for himself. Only casual "hello" here and there when we meet. I doubt that he will actually do anything cause I think he has more "sins" than me....

However my security has been jeopardized and dont know what to do and still a lil' bit unsure about the whole thing. It is quite big possibility that I will have to shut down this one... :frown:

But hear me! If that punk-ass calls any sort of police... I swear.. im gonna make his life difficult.... very difficult.

Anyway... this is it for now. Let's hope that everything turns out smooth
picture.php

Untill then...

Keep it green and be safe! :wave:

i would do it the lazy way and put a fan going through one of those pencil scrubbers. that way, i could smoke a joint right by there and all the smoke would get filtered!

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Haha I read on another site kids make these things called sploofs (?) which is a paper towel roll/tube with dryer sheets tucked in it. They exhale through that and kid themselves that it's helping. Fill the roll up with activated carbon though, and you are in business.

Sucks to blow through a tube though. I would make a carbon filter attached to a strong fan, and turn it on and exhale towards that when you smoke.

Stevius

Hmmm... it seems to much work for me. Besides... I wanna smoke like a normal person. I'm not 15 anymore to be hiding.

Was thinking of water curing though. Seems much more convenient... :chin:

Hmmm... it seems to much work for me. Besides... I wanna smoke like a normal person. I'm not 15 anymore to be hiding.

Was thinking of water curing though. Seems much more convenient... :chin:
unfortunately, while you may not be 15 anymore and don't need to hide it from people you live with, there is still a great need (for most of us..) to hid it from others who may inform johnny law. i got busted smoking with a few friends because we had the windows open when we smoked a few blunts.

no disrespect, you probably know what you're doing, i'm just saying that it pays to be careful, especially when growing.

Latest posts

Latest posts