What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

StealthDragon's Micro Multi Perpetual Boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
Thanks for stopping by guys:thank you:

denmaster.. I'm using 63w led panels in the ngb cabinet. I barely flowered under them, I did one kinda "tester" plant and I wasn't quite happy with the yield, great quality and decent yield, but I have some hids running anyways now so no need to flower under the leds. I highly recommend them for a small set up with a little extra cfls to supplement if you're going to flower, but for veg..for vegging they are awesome!..nice tight internodes and the plants grow superfast! For an example I vegged a coco plant under one of the 63w panels..it only used up about 1/4 of the light/space..I fimmed the crap out of it and got 5+ oz. Granted it was flowered under a 1k hps, but I think for a 1 month veg under about 15watts of led, to yield 5zips is pretty damn good!

I plan on buying some larger led panels eventually to veg with when I get a little more room. I'd actually prefer to veg under the led panels vs a 400w cmh...but that's just my opinion, ppl will think that's dumb...but really I don't need much penetration or high wattage in veg..my 200watts in my ngb cab for veg keeps the 2000watt room fully stocked with veg plants now starting to get backed up...and I'm all about saving energy costs...and leds save alot of energy, and you don't have to F around with any crazy venting or big, hot, heavy ass ballasts..

so 2 thumbs up for veg no matter what size your set up. and 2 thumbs up to flower under if you add a little more supplemental cfls or use a higher watts per sq foot then I did. Keep in mind too I only did that one little tester plant really, Verdantgreen has great results flowering under them and you might want to check out his grows and opinions on them before listening to any of my bs ;)

:wave:

edit: oh and vs hps I'd say maybe watt for watt they're comparable if you utilize the footprint properly...but not like how the companies claim that like a 200w panel = a 400w hps. I would say htough that I think my 63w panels = 120w of cfl in veg and =80 watts of hid in flower..if that makes any sense.

So, are you going to change your name to the mad scientist anytime soon? I am beginning to think that is your style... When you get bored, you should make one massive post about all your projects. :p I want to relish in all your glory... well, at least get some serious inspiration, because I am about to open at least two new housing projects. :p

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
lol mad scientist for sure...I do alot of side projects for friends too that I don't post for obvious reasons. I wish I had time to log everything..maybe then I wouldn't have forgotten about that superskunk I sprayed with CS 2 months ago :wallbash: ...was planning to make some fem'd pollen and totallllly spaced it after I put her into flower. I keep like 20 strains in 4 cubic feet, it gets confusing sometimes :whee:

hmm let's see next up is a nice sized sour60 run for seeds. I only have one sprout so far. I've been having germination issues on the F2's I made..totally my fault, I don't think I let them dry enough before packing them up. I've gotten like 1/10 germ ratio (ouch) but I still have 4 originals left too, and tons of pollen. I tried to dry the f2's a bit more and I threw em in the freezer a few days too. I'll try to repop some this week...then in a week or 2(hopefully)I'll be doing some electroculture stuffs finally. :jump:

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
thanks alot green.is.good :wave:

here's a current mother cab shot...things are bushing up nicely..a little too nicely. I end up throwing out about 5 random cuts almost everyday.

here's the lineup of what's all currently in there. Kinda for my personal reference as well as your reading pleasure.

M=motherplant cl=clone

top:
Querkle (M)
BMR(M)
BMR(cl)
SuperSkunk(cl)
Roadrunner(fem)
Chemdog/soudiesel (M)
SuperSkunk (M)
Cheese (M)

bottom:
SuperSkunk (cl)
GDP-D (M)
NYCD (M)
6x sour60 trying to germ
sour60 sprout
OGkush x cd/sd (M)
WhiteRussian (M)
Supersilverhaze (M)
Critical+ (M)
4x Querkle clones in coco
Cheese x cd/sd (M)
GDP-4 (M)
420blues (M)

whew..and no I don't have those memorized. I have a few more mothers on the way too..trainwreck,lemonhaze,strawberryhaze..just need to cycle out the clones so I have room.

:bump:

edit: oh snap my 420th post! that worked out well.

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
Hi I thought I'd update with how my coco cloning is going. Looks like I'm getting visible roots after about 10 days! :jump:

It was getting to be a pain keeping all those cups at the proper moisture levels. So I watered one and drained it like a I usually do..tilting it sideways (carefully!) till the water stops dripping out. I weighed it and it was about 140 grams. so I jsut added water to the other cups till they were 130-140 grams! pow! simple! Took like a minute to water them all to the perfect level vs the 10-15 minutes or so I've been spending letting the water slowly drip out.

They're in my pc with the 70w bluemax dimmed to about 30w...also they're sitting at about 70f with lights on and 65 with lights off (18/6) ..a little colder then I'd like but it's working out great so far! This was really just a test to try cloning in coco..I'll keep a few, but most of these clones will be tossed or given out to friends. :)

Weighing the container... I love it, I am going to have to go get me a scale.... I want to waste as little as possible, and I don't like making a mess of my box.

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
Looks like the soil ones are about finished..I think I didn't cut out the micro soon enough on the coco plants..they're still nice and green as you can see. I'll flush the coco ones with ph'd tap water and a few drops of drip clean for the next week, and the soil ones will continue with tap water and get harvested when the coco ones are done. whew.

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
thanks LAION :wave:
I harvested the side by side stuffs today, not my best #'s but it's all there..and the coco stuff is much greener that I would like. I need to learn to flush and cut the nutes out earlier.
first a recap:

today's:

and the tops...

coco#1

coco#2 and soil#3

soil#4

..more to come.

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
wet weights:

..................full plant.................... trimmed buds

coco#1

coco#2

soil#3

soil#4

there's some more pics in my albums too.

here's a little strawberry haze I have going in the desk..
not much left in there, I plan on running 20/4 in there in a few weeks and doing autos, I harvested the gdp/sour60 seeds a few days ago so I'll be popping those as soon as I can.

:jump:

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
:bump:

Thanks alot green. :tiphat:

here's those dry shots...not much action around here so they've been sittin in my phone a few days.

coco1 2.8

coco2 2.3

soil3 2.1

soil4 2.2

so hmmm...not really too much data there since this is such a small scale. Overall the coco#1 plant that got topped produced the most..I'll have to look back at pics/records and see when I topped it, I think it was bout 2 weeks into flower. Maybe I'll try to duplicate that on a larger scale in my 2k room on my next run. IMO the soil#4 plant did the best and was the most efficiant producer for size vs. yield. I think with a slightly larger environment that could provide a little side lighting (hint, vert) that soil#4 plant would have produced twice as much. The soil plants finished up about a week quicker because I was lazy about flushing the coco which might attribute somewhat to the better taste of the soil. I'm still kinda undecided on the taste/smell thing. I think organic vs chem ferts have much different effects on the smell/taste for different strains. Some strains I can't smell the difference of coco/soil or soil/hydro, and in other strains it makes a big difference. just my 2cents :)

I think that I didn't quite utilize the coco properly. Coco is awesome in pretty much every way, yet in a micro grow one of the greatest things about coco is that you can grow huge plants in tiny containers with it. I realized that about 3 weeks into flower when I realized that most of the plantlets would have verrryy close to the same weights. So I threw in a few more clones in even smaller containers with coco. I think there's 2 superskunk in there right now that are in about 1/2 as much coco and they're looking to yield about 90% as much as these last coco ones I ran...and that's what I wanted to see. I think a really good run (what I've been shooting for the past year) would be a bunch of cuts in smaller containers of coco, that end up turning out like the soil#4 plant..a straight budsicle that would yield about 5 grams and only be 12-14 inches tall with the container.

This 4 plant run had slightly lower yields then I would have expected...I'm 99% sure this is due to colder overall temps. The desk has been running about 5-6 degrees lower then normal in the last month or 2, a combination of adding the easier to cool pll's and the colder weather. on/off temps have been about 74/65 vs about 80/70. Normally I would add a little more light or an extra filter in order to warm the box up a little.

Unfortunately I have sad news...to all good things comes an end, and I will be scrapping the desk for parts in a month or so after the last of the plants finish up. It was/is a great design and I pout alot of work into it, but after 3 or 4 remodels it's getting a little worn out and I'd rather just build something new and even better! :dance013:

hmm..what else...oh I'm having much better germ rates on my sour60 f2's I made. about 9/10 now since letting them dry out better and freezing them over night :jump: so I have about 15 S60 f2's now lol..I'll probably end up doing a huge seed run this winter in the coming months. Also I'm about to pop those gdp/S60 in a few days. I'm very excited about that. I only got 30 or so of those seeds but I plan on doing alot of work on those and I can make more at anytime. I should have gotten a good 100-200 seeds of that gdp I dusted but I hit her a little early in flower (couldn't wait!)and she kinda froze up.

/ramble off

:wave:

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
maybe then I wouldn't have forgotten about that superskunk I sprayed with CS 2 months ago :wallbash:

Hehe, I am CS spraying a super skunk myself right now. I had another nice one growing to smoke but I think it's got root rot or something :( Ah well, looks like ya been busy. Take care :tiphat:

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
Hiya guys thanks for stopping by. :wave:

I havent yet popped those gdp's, sorry I'm a slacker! ... I think I will tonight though. I've been getting backed up on side projects and stuff.

I recently popped a bunch of my sour 60 f2's and remaining f1s, ended up with like 14/16 sprouts i think..and I selected the earliest and biggest male to farm more pollen off of. I have a ton of sour60 pollen stocked in the freezer already but I didn't get to make a selection on that..it was just the one male that I had at the time. I'd love to grow a bunch of the males out and test for smells and stuff but I don't have the room so I just picked the biggest earliest one this round.

I also have a sour60 f2 that's at about week 5, in coco, under a 400w cmh. She's looking good, started out under a 23w cfl for about 2-3 weeks then went under the cmh. She was 19" last nite and has been stretching a bout an inch a day under that cmh. Also if anyone remembers the mother plant that I made my S60 seeds from had a weird mutation on the leafstem and it has been carried on to my 19" girl! hopefully the other f2's get it as well! :jump: I <3 sour 60. I had males showing at 9 days, most females were just a few days behind that. Ended up with 8 females. These are old pics, they've all been transplanted to 1 gallon smart pots.

Only bad thing I can say bout this strain is that the seedling like to try to "jump out" of the soil. In the first week or so I kept finding them laying over because they try to stretch at the base of the stem/root, maybe I just need to plant them deeper next time, but I haven't noticed other strains trying to do that. Luckily though the male that I selected didn't do that.

hmm what else...oh yeh I have some bog gear on otw...grape punch, sourstrawberry kush and blue kush. Wow I'm gonna have a ton of seeds to pop..I have alot of other stuff that needs to be popped too, just a bunch of single seeds that I'm curious about.

busy,busy,busy. I'll snap some nice pics tonight of that sour60 under the 400w.

stay safe everyone. :thank you:

tokatronic

Hi. Sorry for the lack of updates for a while but I've been busy with a ngb build for a friend.

Here's some of the earlier pics, I'll try to get the recent ones up in a day or 2. It has 2 flowering chambers with leds, and a veg compartment with plls, panasonic whisper fan and a kikass scythe fan controller. It's basically done, just a few more days for fine tuning, painting, lightproofing etc...

sorry for the low quality pics, all I had at the time was my phone. :wave:

hI! It seems the utility room is larger than the original. Have you done other changes as well? Like changing the venting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts