What's new

Starting seed for 2022

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Here are those two females I had to shade all Summer. Now they are on their own loving their home. They both just finished their stretch and started putting out pistils. They still have 60 days to go or more. 😎
IMG_2714.JPG
IMG_2715.JPG

RobFromTX

Here are those two females I had to shade all Summer. Now they are on their own loving their home. They both just finished their stretch and started putting out pistils. They still have 60 days to go or more. 😎
View attachment 18754171 View attachment 18754172
Nice garden . What are those purple flowers you have growing in the background called? I forgot them. My grandmother grew them all over the place. Smelled like bubblegum when you rubbed them

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Here are my latest cracked seeds from above. 😎
Nice garden . What are those purple flowers you have growing in the background called? I forgot them. My grandmother grew them all over the place. Smelled like bubblegum when you rubbed them
Mexican Petunias. 😎

Attachments

• IMG_2990.JPG
    IMG_2990.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 58

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Once you get Mexican Petunias growing they will spread all over the place without any help. When you water them on a hot day the seed pods burst to spread the seed and make snapping noises like clicking your fingernails loudly. I love them because you don't have to do anything to them to be beautiful. 😎

St. Phatty

Ever try to clone a plant with an Indica growth pattern on the lower branches, just stubby little things ?

I got one smaller plant that is making good smells but the only bud with a significant stem is the main bud ... I want that one for the smoke.

St. Phatty

New plan ... my clones are not doing well. They're in pots, in clear plastic bags on the windowsill. So they only get about 8 hours a day of sunlight.

So will prepare some pots under the 250 watt metal halide for SEEDS, and fire it up when outdoor temps get down to freezing, and the extra heat is welcome.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I found a caterpillar on one of my outdoor plants. When I reached to smell the top the bud crumbled in my hand. Since I have a very hard time seeing he got me good. I lost a lot of the one plant. When I was blowing up the photos to see the resin, I noticed this photo. See if you can see the caterpillar? 😎
caterpiller.JPG

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Why did you have to shade them - stealth ?
These plants originally came from Canada and are cold-natured Indicas. This Summer here was the hottest Summer with temperatures over 100 degrees 50 days in a row. The only way the plant could survive the heat was by blocking the west evening Sun. I just used a black greenhouse-shade clothe to keep the plant alive until the temp drop. When the temp falls below 95 I remove it. 😎

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Its been since Aug. since these plants had any rain. Over 60 days dry without rain means more resin to protect the flowers. However, rain is coming a day after tomorrow and I'm getting them before the rain knocks off the resin. A pounding rain will knock off and ruin these plants if I don't take them a little early. I'm getting them about 10 days early but after testing a bud I'm happy as heck. Here are photos before the chop. 😎

IMG_3656.JPG
IMG_3662.JPG
IMG_3664.JPG
IMG_3665.JPG