What's new

Starting seed for 2022

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The only thing I don't like about peat pots is the roots have a barrier that slows growth down even with the bottom is pulled off. I used them for a couple of years outdoors but don't use them anymore. Heres are some cool season Indicas growing under the greenhouse shade clothe. The daily temps are in the 100sF or 40C the plants are suffering. They live under the shade clothe 24 hours a day. 😎

IMG_2141.JPG
IMG_2143.JPG

iTarzan

They look good creeperpark especially with the heat situation. It is way too hot. It was 97 around here yesterday. I have been lugging water around for a month now and it gets real old. But I am not going to quit caring for the ladies until the last one is in a jar.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
They look good creeperpark especially with the heat situation. It is way too hot. It was 97 around here yesterday. I have been lugging water around for a month now and it gets real old. But I am not going to quit caring for the ladies until the last one is in a jar.
Oh wow, iTarzan you bring back big-time memories that I miss. I remember lugging water many years during the last part of the growing season. There's no way I was going to let those plants die after growing them all Summer. A few years I almost kill myself with that attitude but it always paid off and was well worth it. Can't do it anymore but glad to know others are. 😎

IMG_0026.JPG
IMG_0036.JPG
IMG_0393.JPG
IMG_0379.JPG

Three Berries

The peat pots I cut an X in the bottoms when I first filled, then when going into the solo cups tore those small pieces off exposing the bottom.. The next day one had a root sticking out of the bottom already. So into a solo they went. Buried the stem 3/4" with fresh soil. Today they are an inch above that after 18hr light. Day 6

GDP 4 22 6 day.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
TB I don't use a clear cup because it exposes the roots to light. Stick those clear cups into a red dixie cup to keep the light off the roots. Also friend those sprouts are not getting enough direct lighting in that window. 😎

Three Berries

I like clear because I can see the roots. They don't seem to mind. All indirect light right? They are only in the window for the first few days, during the lights out time in the tent and it's been very cloudy. They are in the veg tent with their own 50w light and 18/6 photo period. I just like to set them in some light 24 hrs until the first true leaves come out.

Three Berries

The last grow I had I uses some peat plugs to put the seed in. Here's some pics of the root base. The large areas where no roots are were filled in by wood chunks from the soil.

GDP 2 22 #1 root ball 2.jpg
GDP 2 22 #1 root ball.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Here are the outdoor plants I have growing under shade clothe. With shade clothe the lighting is very limited. The daily temperatures here are over 100 f or 38 c every day. These are cold-natured Indica's vegging in a hot environment. About 30 more days of heat before the cool down. BTW these plants are getting tap water only, and I have to wet the ground down every day. 😎

IMG_2248.JPG
IMG_2251.JPG

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I pulled the 2 males and removed the shade cloths. The temps are dropping and rain has fallen. The temps are dropping to a normal range. . Females starting to stretch for flowers. Nothing to do just waiting at this point. 😎

IMG_2444.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2446.JPG
    IMG_2446.JPG
    221.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2443.JPG
    IMG_2443.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Its time to get cracking again and start another batch of seeds. This time I will be using a mystery strain nicknamed Bomb. I don't know what it is, but I know it's from about 15 years back. There should be no reason a person can't get their meds. using one of these growing methods. 😎

40degsouth

Hey everyone, l hope you’re all well.
Here’s an interesting thing; these seeds have been planted for eight or more weeks, indoors, under lazer lite for a male selection of the Blackdog x Golden Tiger bx2’s. It’s fresh seed from last season and I’ve just tested the remaining plants for overwatering.
They’ve only just popped in the last week or so, about a week before the no moon just before the start of spring. There’s too many for this to be a spurious correlation and being indoors the majority of environmental factors have been eliminated; so what’s driving this?? Earth’s access, magnetic fields 🤷‍♂️ It’s an interesting thought.
Cheers,
C4756A3E-66A5-4984-8EBD-F4C9C0784D89.jpeg

CARCHOFA

@Creeperpark hello! I'm interested in the plants with violet and pink flowers. Can you tell me what they are? I think they work well to put the plants behind them and camuflate the mary Jane.

Another doubt, do you think that only an hour more will do that the plants reveg? I say that because in autumn they start flowering before they have more than 12h of oscurity, not 12/12 exactly, and also, do you know that indicas are harder to reveg than sativas?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Creeperpark, how do you keep these so small and in flower? Sorry, I'm stuck on the couch and having a northern lights 5 Saturday morning and not figuring out how you did this. :unsure:
See, I forgot to add the pic:
View attachment 18749229
By limiting the vegetation time you can grow smaller plants in early Spring. The plants above were started indoors and vegged under lights a few weeks in the last part of Winter. Outdoors when the threat of frost was over, I put them outdoors to flower in early Spring. The starting early photoperiod was 10 hr days and 14 hr. night time. At the end of 8 weeks of flowering the daytime photoperiod was just over 13 hrs. Under 4 weeks veg and 8 weeks flowering will yield smaller plants. 😎

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hey everyone, l hope you’re all well.
Here’s an interesting thing; these seeds have been planted for eight or more weeks, indoors, under lazer lite for a male selection of the Blackdog x Golden Tiger bx2’s. It’s fresh seed from last season and I’ve just tested the remaining plants for overwatering.
They’ve only just popped in the last week or so, about a week before the no moon just before the start of spring. There’s too many for this to be a spurious correlation and being indoors the majority of environmental factors have been eliminated; so what’s driving this?? Earth’s access, magnetic fields 🤷‍♂️ It’s an interesting thought.
Cheers,
40. View attachment 18750442
When the conditions are just right the plants do what they do. Its not so much the grower but the grower's growing conditions that makes plants grow. Very interesting post you made. Thank you

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
@Creeperpark hello! I'm interested in the plants with violet and pink flowers. Can you tell me what they are? I think they work well to put the plants behind them and camuflate the mary Jane.

Another doubt, do you think that only an hour more will do that the plants reveg? I say that because in autumn they start flowering before they have more than 12h of oscurity, not 12/12 exactly, and also, do you know that indicas are harder to reveg than sativas?
The plants were sown in cool temps indoors and put outdoors in early Spring. The cold temperatures are what cause the colors in the leaves. The plant's genetics are what play the biggest part of flowering colors and flowering times. There are a few exceptions to the rule when it comes to photoperiod plants' trigger times. One hour can make a difference and if you know your strain well you can use that hour to your advantage to extend the veg. or induce early flowering. However, when I don't know the genetics I just follow the 12/12 rule. Thanks for the post. . 😎

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran

Outdoors flowering is a whole different game when it comes to flowering triggers. The slower addition or reduction of time over the Season is what the plant uses to start its flowering. With temperature differential, the plant fears frost or freeze because the ultimate goal of the plant is reproduction before the freeze happens. So flowering can start much earlier than indoors but take a lot longer to finish.
The same plant that flowers for 4 months outdoors can do the same in 2 months indoors.

Some Indicas can live with only 3 inches of rain per year in their regions. While Sativas can thrive with up to 60 inches of rain a year. That is what makes the difference between the two and why Indicas won't reveg and Sativas will. Thanks for the good post. 😎

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I started 10 more cross-breeding seeds from different genetics. I plan to use the parents from the strains to cross with the above plants.. . Indoor Winter grows are always the best because of the cooler temps and the light heat is welcome warmth. 😎