What's new

Starting seed for 2022

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I don't know what happened to the old thread, it must have got lost in the move. . So I will pick up where I left off for the people interested in growing Spring flowers. 😎
IMG_0590.JPG
IMG_0586.JPG
IMG_0585.JPG

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
These plants were started in Winter under lights and "summertime vegged indoors" and right before moving outdoors I flipped to 12/12. These plants are now outdoor plants growing in Spring thinking it's Fall. Out of 5 females, I move 3 outdoors and have 2 indoors.

The temps are mild during the days and cool at night. I have to shade the black plastic pots from the Sun or the heat will cook the roots. The temps are hitting 86 F, 30 C in the day, and in the 50s at night.
I have been holding back water from the plant causing a leaf drop and rushing the plant into flowering. The plants indoors are full of pistils but, on the outdoor plants, the pistils are mostly gone. 😎

stiff

Veteran
Good looking plants and not far from harvest by the look of it. You look like you got a green thumb.
What strains are they and did they all get pollinated?
All the best,
Stiffy

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Good looking plants and not far from harvest by the look of it. You look like you got a green thumb.
What strains are they and did they all get pollinated?
All the best,
Stiffy
I pollinated some Old White Widow seed about 10 years ago, as a last-ditch effort to save the old strains. Just got around to growing them out last year and I got 2 types of parents, an Indian Hash Plant, and a Brazilian Sativa. After only getting 2 females out of 12 plants, with freaking 10 males, the two I got, I pollinated the lower branch with a Hashberry male. Now I have a bunch of new seeds to work with. This grow I got 5 females out of 6 plants, 3 above and 2 indoors. . These are the Sativa side of the strain. 😎

Petrochemical

I am in awe that you're doing what one of my old uncle that used to be my guardian ad litem used to do and I've never seen it here but I see it here now he used to grow all year long and back then all he had access to I think we're T8 and maybe a metal halide with a parabolic reflector and I'll never forget him constantly telling me those thin Leaf ones I got to start them inside John about the time your dad goes out and cuts down his plants during deer season I'm starting mine and doors to put out and finish in springtime it just threw me off cuz I always thought we went with the Summer sun but yeah this is nice creeper good s*** man

Funkalicious

Really interesting grow thread, thanks for sharing. 30deg C in spring sounds great.. I can see this might not work so well in my climate haha! Enjoy your harvest :)
Getting excited for this season starting for me soon

stiff

Veteran
An old white widow..exactly what I want. Bit so hard to get the real deal from years back. May I ask where from the seeds are? Are they ingmars?

44:86N

That's some fine looking cannabis there, Creeper.

My Friesland Indicas are looking good. The seed plants have another 2 to 3 weeks before harvest, and the clones are doing well. One female (#2 of 12 seeds to germinate), has shown her vigor and I am going to wind up with a lot of cuts of her. She is a beauty in the flower room, a long, continuous cola, full but not chunky fat.

I have already given one of her clones away to an old friend who showed up out of the blue.

Gotta feeling she's going to be a popular girl in a lot of gardens this summer.

:cool:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
An old white widow..exactly what I want. Bit so hard to get the real deal from years back. May I ask where from the seeds are? Are they ingmars?
I got them from Attitude seed bank about 12 or 15 years ago. I don't remember the breeder but I do remember the weed. There was a WhiteWidow battle going on between a couple of breeders who had the 1st WW. The weed was unusually strong and stood out above the rest at the time. Nothing special today because there are so many good strains out there now. 😎

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
In order to have Spring flowers, one has to make sure the plant only gets 12 hrs of light or less for 60 days. If you allow the plant to get more than 12 hrs of light, the nutrient absorption or plant metabolism will get confused and a 2 to 3-week lag will set in and growth will almost stop. I have had plants in the wild revert back to veg before I could get Spring flowers off of them because my timing was off. Check out the colors on one plant. 😎
IMG_0659.JPG
IMG_0660.JPG
IMG_0661.JPG

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I wouldn't have gotten away with planting these plants in the ground because the flowering time doesn't match the plant's flowering requirements. . The Sativa nature of these plants is best planted in containers where they can be moved back indoors if the outdoor time goes over 12 hrs.

The best plants for planting outdoors in the ground are fast flowering Indicas. You can put out Indica plants when the photoperiod is 10 hrs of daylight and in 50 days the photoperiod will be over 13 hrs and you'll get flowers. 😎

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Here are a few close-ups still growing white pistils. As long as the plant is putting out new white pistils that tells me she's still trying hard as hell to get pollen. As long as she's still trying to get pregnant, the cannabinoid chemical structure is still changing. As the desperation from not getting pollen and losing their leaves, the plants are converting inactive cannabinoids into active THC to preserve and save the calyx. They are in a desperate state with more time to go.😎
IMG_0936.JPG
IMG_0950.JPG
IMG_0947.JPG
IMG_0939.JPG

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Delicious! These flowers look great for this time of the year. :cool::love:

Where are you growing?

P.S.:
Du hattest in meinem Report was geschrieben, weiss nicht ob du deutschsprachig bist oder Übersetzer nutzt!? ✌️

Three Berries

I'm starting two more GDP seeds today. Using my wet paper towel and old steel coffee can, I put the towel between the can bottom and the plastic lid, leaving it cracked a bit.

But this time I'm doing it vertically. Seeing if gravity helps out....... Putting a magnet on the can too to hold it in place so there's that also.

Three Berries

That vertical seed soaking worked great. Three days and nice long straight fuzzy tipped roots. I've had issues in the past with the curled up roots after potting.

I did have to rotate the one on the right 180 as it sprouted out from the top.

GDP 4 22 3day.jpg

Last edited:

Three Berries

Here those two are the next day. Seems to be a problem uploading pics. :(

This grow I'm using the ProMix BX from the start. And using a small ~1" x 1.5"D peat pot to transplant the sprouted seed into. I cut the bottom mostly out. The seeds are already up the first day after being put into the soil. So these are going into some 16oz solos with the Pro Mix. And I put a large hole in the bottom so I can push it out. That's a problem I had last time. The two new sprouts will go into the solos tomorrow and after the soil is all pre moistened.

fetch

Latest posts

Latest posts