What's new

Starting Over Small

H

htownblowskush

your wbxpp is leaning towards its wb side alot....looks great lets hope for a strong finish

Weedhound

Grower
ICMag Donor
Looks as though the WB x PP will come down this weekend........the MK will take most likely take an extra week or two. Stay tuned.....

Weedhound

Grower
ICMag Donor
Well it appears the WB x PP isn't QUITE ready for plucking. Frpm eye view it loooks ready but a look under the microscope shows only about 5% amber and the rest cloudy. We like
about 20% amber or so before we kill and dismember a lovely cannabis plant!

stay tuned!

Weedhound

Grower
ICMag Donor
Semi-Harvest/Day

Semi-Harvest/Day

First Wb xPP..... some curing and bthe rest of the plant drying in the first two photos. The stuff drying in back row is Master Kush. We harvested the top half (as we did wih the WB xPP) so pic three is whats left of the MK plant.

Pic 4 is the ice plant at day 15 bloom. I think we're going to have to put it something larger before too long.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 9

Rock.Steady

weedy, ive thought about partial takedowns, but havent done so yet.
do u find any negative effects?
does the plant shock or slow for the rest of flowering?
any issue with the center trunk spewing fluid

Weedhound

Grower
ICMag Donor
Rock on larger plants I like it because it really keeps the amounts we're drying managable AND it just seems easier to do half and half. I usually find that the plant will stop growing for a few days, then picks right back up. I thnk it does extend things a bit but we aren't on a time limit any more. Interestingly, NOTHING has dripped from the cut branches at ALL.

Th nugs on the WB xPP are solid......nothing fluffy in them anywhere. As they dry and cure that good ol' turpentine smell is starting to sneak back in. We left the sugar leaves on the plants,.....basically untrimmed so I won't be able to get an accurate yield amount.

No smoke report either although maybe one later from a friend. Sorry guys.

Weedhound

Grower
ICMag Donor
Ice Plant/Day 16 Bloom

Ice Plant/Day 16 Bloom

-Transplanted into 20 gal container today. Sorry about the HPS lighting. I'll
try to get some better pics tomorrow. Believe me it NEEDED more root room.
FFOF soil.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 10
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 8

daihashi

I've learned the hard way not to be counting any chickens before they hatch, especially in soil which I'm not too good at......I strongly prefer hydro but am not up for the work hydro takes these days.......happy guessing! :D

lol I too went back to Soil; well coco. I don't think I'll ever go back to soil or soiless grows. I may go back to hydro at some point in the future but my overall analysis at my hydro attempt is that I much rather prefer coco. Having a medium rather than working hydroponics saves a lot of the headache and work in hydro.

I may try hydro again in the winter but I think for the most part I'm going to stick with coco.

Now I have 200L of hydroton that I need to find a use for :wallbash:

daihashi

coco frightens me. Glad to see you here on the boards here at IC Mag. Welcome!

I'm surprised coco frightens you since it is pretty much a hydroponic medium and I know how you love your hydro.

It is fairly inert and the Cation exchange balances itself out over time making it a very easy medium to use. Use coco specific nutes or hydro specific nutes and you don't have to worry about Ca or Mg and i f you do it's maybe 1ml per gallon.

Just keep the medium moist to avoid most problems. Coco can dry quickly causing nutrients to build Salt in the medium; dry medium also kills off the fine hair like new roots which unlike other parts of the root system are primarily responsible for Ca/Mg uptake.

I think you would like it and find it to be the perfect balance between Soil and hydro. Roots love coco and as you know big roots = big buds :).

And while I'm on here; I'm mostly here just to see what some of my old buddies from the other board are up to :party:

daihashi

dai, do you "pretreat" your coco and do you "reuse" it in any way?

Well to be fair I've only used Canna Coco. And I can say with 100% certainty that you don't need to pretreat it. It is the sexiest feeling medium ever (well if I were a set of roots I would probably think it was very sexy).

I am about to transplant in maybe 1-2 weeks (lst/scrogging 4 plants). I will be transplanting into Botanicare cocogr. I got the 5kg blocks. When I hydrated them I added calmag, Rhizotonic and a dash of Liquid Karma to the water I used to expand the blocks.

I'm fairly sure you could use the Botanicare bales without adding anything... this is just something I do and I don't have evidence that it works better one way or the other.

There is a lot of fuss over coco but it all sounds worse than it is. For the most part all the coco grows I've done so far have grown themselves. PH has never been an issue, it's near impossible to overwater in coco, it's very easy to see when you need to water again (top coating of the medium drastically changes color), it's can hold much air and it dries pretty evenly throughout by wicking moisture AND by wicking it draws more air/oxygen down into the roots before you water again.

Oh I love coco so much. I can go on and on about it. Come on weedy, by a small botanicare cocogr block and flower something in it. 1 block makes about 7-8 quarts I believe (2 gallon pot). I bet if you do it as an experiment you'll really like it. Just make sure it never get's too dry, just water as the top of the medium starts to change color until you get the SLIGHTEST amount of run off. A couple of dribbles is good.

I'll shut up now about my love for coco. :joint:

daihashi

oh.. and with coco you can keep it in whatever container you choose pretty much.. so long as your medium is always moist; So if you chose to keep it in a small half gallon container for 3 months of flowering then you could... so long as you were willing to water it as often as needed to ensure the medium is moist. Plants don't seem to mind being rootbound when working with coco.

It's a nice thing if you want to grow bigger plants in smaller containers for whatever reason; Otherwise go with a bigger pot size so you have to water less often. :dueling:

ok, I'll shut up now. I <3 coco...