What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

starting a micro sog

dbfr3sh

sorry jim didnt mean to get you down but its usually tru. you dont get much with plants that size especially with the lights you have. if its a first time learning experiencce then by all means do what u want and learn from it. I NEVER induce flowering before sexual maturity, it just doesnt makes sense. if vertical growth is a problem i would top the plants and set up a scrog screen.

im doing this now except i bought 4 - 4ft grow spectra t5 florescent lights and im starting 4 snow white fem seeds and growing them scrog method so i utilize all the light and space that i have.

keep learning-keep reading-keep going!

jimbob420

Oh I will and again I will have to mention that lots of others have said things look great, there are now 5 confirmed females and they are doing well. I thank u for the advice but I really think that I should get between 7 and 12 grams per plant plus they will go back in after some revegging and will be able to put out another round of buds or so.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
dbfr3sh said:
I NEVER induce flowering before sexual maturity, it just doesnt makes sense.
It may not make sense for you but it makes a great deal of sense to huge numbers of growers. Especially in small indoor grows. Much of SOG is based on it. Large groups of growers go 12/12 from seed or clone. Waiting for pre-flowers in a small indoor setup is asking for trouble.

jimbob420

Day 28

Day 28

pics from day 28, they are doing ok... 2 of the ladies are doing wonderful with budsites all over and tons of pistils coming out of each one, the other ones don't seem to being doing so well and I am not sure why, just got ph meter and it is in the process of being calibrated so we will know if ph is the problem, the only other things I can think of are mag. def. or N def. I dont think it is N but I could see it being either a ph problem or a mag. problem. I am thinking I will add some dolomite lime in with the soil mix once the seeds I am germing are ready to go in the soil. The strains are skunk X original haze by sam the skunkman(freebie from sb) and skywalker. I am hoping to germ these seeds and then turn them into bonsai mother plants.

oh well enough talk...

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Good job bro your grow is looking fine and so are your lights.. I saw a pic of someones cab in DrBud's thread that had nothing but 23w cfl's mounted vertically like yours are and he grew out 4 plants that were lovely so don't let people get you down with their negativity it's your grow why the fuck should they care what you do with it?? Happy CFL Growing!!!

Thundurkel said:
Good job bro your grow is looking fine and so are your lights.. I saw a pic of someones cab in DrBud's thread that had nothing but 23w cfl's mounted vertically like yours are and he grew out 4 plants that were lovely so don't let people get you down with their negativity it's your grow why the fuck should they care what you do with it?? Happy CFL Growing!!!

yep.. what he said :wink:

jimbob420

thanks for the support guys and gals, I have two baby skywalker seedlings that are just popping their heads. I am hoping to turn them into mama's and use them to populate my perpetual sog. I am sure there will be more posts coming soon about that as I have never taken a clone in my life and I am sure I will be needing help.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Hahaha yea cloning is tricky at first but it's the shit once you get it down.. DrBud's perlite style works well and so do bubble cloners check out the tutorial in my sig for my Micro Growers Bubble Cloner and all you'll need to do is clip a cutting and stick it in the little foam wedge to hold the stem in the bubbling water and you got roots in 5 - 14 days with just water so you don't have to buy rooting gels and powders...

jimbob420

I already have one of those bubble cloners like you have half built... just need to get my lazy but up and do it. Got both the skywalker and the haze/skunk seeds to sprout. skywalker seeds popped really quick and they sprouted quick too. I didnt think the s/h seeds would even pop but I hit them with a drop of superthrive after running some fresh water on them and it seemed to do the trick as the one seed popped and it is now sprouted as well. Things are coming along nicely. Questions:

I need to get my mama/veg cab finished, I have two fans I want to mount in it and I am trying to decide if I want them to be exahusts or intakes. the dilema is if the are exahusts then they are not blowing on the lights and I think that really helps to keep the box cool, if they are intakes then they dont vent right i would assume. SO question is do I just go with them as exahust and rely on neg pressure or what? Im ramblin, im high, get over it.

Also my plants look like they are having some kind of a cal/mag/N defeciency, what would they look like if they were low on cal or mag?

jimbob420

The skywalker seedlings and sk/hz seedling are doing ok, they are recovering from a transplant, but seem doing be doing quite fine. They are at peace in the bottom of the same box they started in with 2 42 watt cfls. I am planing on topping those and trying to get some clones to make mother plants out of. When would the best time to top these be? they have been under lights for about 2 weeks or so now. They are in fox farm ocean forest cut with about 30-40 % perilite. After the transplant they got a good watering with some half strength nutes and it seemed to be just what they needed.

Hovz

looks like you'll be having a nice harvest soon. my goal is to be able to grow enough to smoke to not have to go buy from dealers and people who are trying to rip you off.