What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stardawg Grow

yts farmer

Veteran
Pretty sure that's the Forum Cut GSC your thinking of. GG#4 loves light. I just took down the largest GG#4 buds I have ever grown indoors. Directly under a 1000w HPS, and only 16" away from the bulb.

Thanks Dtog, you are probably right about me being mistaken gg4 for gsc fc and light sensitivity.

Thats what happens when im reading and smoking, got the gg4 mixed up with the gsc, glad youset me straight before blazeee starts rearranging his garden.

Peace.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Thanks Dtog, you are probably right about me being mistaken gg4 for gsc fc and light sensitivity.

Thats what happens when im reading and smoking, got the gg4 mixed up with the gsc, glad youset me straight before blazeee starts rearranging his garden.

Peace.

I only remembered because I had read it, and was just getting ready to reload a room. Put the GSC on the outer edge and got the biggest buds on it, that I had ever grown(of GSC) .

Blazeee

Veteran
Thanks for the info DTOG, I saw your pics of the GG4 and she looked stacked, i will have to take some pics soon so you can tell me what you reckon. Maybe im just over thinking things and the tops will fill in later, but they dont look right to me atm. Im thinking i may have been over feeding them causing them to stall / lockout? im sure i read about that in the gg4 thread. Im thinking i might water them heavily with a weak nutrient solution below 1.2 to hopefully flushout any excess nutes that have built up in the soil and hopefully they will bounce back. Thats the only thing i can think of, overfeeding or heat stress.

yts farmer dont worry mate i haven't moved my plants around, im unable to with the nets in there lol. Also in response to your previous question im only running the daylight lamps. The 315s cover an 80x80cm area perfectly but can also be used in a - 1mx1m area. If your using a 1.2x2.4m tent you should have 3 600w's in there anyway to get just over 55watts per sqft, so i would save that money on an extra bulb and maybe consider getting an extra CMH to put in the middle of those 2 600's. I know maxibright had a dual reflector a while ago, although 2 single reflectors may work better. I guess it depends on the size of your area. Maybe buy 1 first and see how you get on with it, if you like how its preforming you can always get a 2nd one, if you think it makes no difference you can always use it to upgrade your veg area.

:tiphat:

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Glue is known for putting on weight in the last few weeks. Plants at week 4 often look like other varieties at 2-3 weeks in. The ppm/E.C. discussion will go on forever regarding the Glue. Most keep the ppm/E.C. low, but others rock it high, like 2.0 E.C high. I think grow style, light intensity, and environment play a deciding factor with what ppm/E.C. she does best at.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Granola Funk Pics made me readjust my chair, getting in close to the screen as I was muttering under my breath "What???!!!......"

Added to my Seed wishlist! thanks blaze, looking forward to seeing more of your work ;)

Blazeee

Veteran
Glue is known for putting on weight in the last few weeks. Plants at week 4 often look like other varieties at 2-3 weeks in. The ppm/E.C. discussion will go on forever regarding the Glue. Most keep the ppm/E.C. low, but others rock it high, like 2.0 E.C high. I think grow style, light intensity, and environment play a deciding factor with what ppm/E.C. she does best at.

Thanks DTOG, reading that made me feel a little better about how they are currently looking. I know they start to pack on the weight in the last couple weeks, but i was kinda worried i had fucked them up, its reassuring to read that though.

Granola Funk Pics made me readjust my chair, getting in close to the screen as I was muttering under my breath "What???!!!......"

Added to my Seed wishlist! thanks blaze, looking forward to seeing more of your work ;)

Thanks for the kind words Paulie

The Granola funk had some really frosty plants when i grew them out, i was just abit disappointed that i wasnt able to get them to show any purple colours.

That #11 pheno was definitely my favorite by far, tbh some of the other plants i found in that pack wernt all that though, they were all very frosty, just the smells / tastes on some of them didnt tick the boxes for me though. I also found a nice orange cookie pheno in there, but i decided not to keep her around.

yts farmer

Veteran
yts farmer dont worry mate i haven't moved my plants around, im unable to with the nets in there lol. Also in response to your previous question im only running the daylight lamps. The 315s cover an 80x80cm area perfectly but can also be used in a - 1mx1m area. If your using a 1.2x2.4m tent you should have 3 600w's in there anyway to get just over 55watts per sqft, so i would save that money on an extra bulb and maybe consider getting an extra CMH to put in the middle of those 2 600's. I know maxibright had a dual reflector a while ago, although 2 single reflectors may work better. I guess it depends on the size of your area. Maybe buy 1 first and see how you get on with it, if you like how its preforming you can always get a 2nd one, if you think it makes no difference you can always use it to upgrade your veg area.

3x600 will be used on next grow when temps are a bit cooler so I'll need another light for the veg area so ill have to sort something out soon. Makes sense to just for the quality gains alone.

Does the daylight bulb keep the nodes nice tight

Peace.

Cheesegez

Yes blaze there was some purple to the granola funk not too much tho just purple tints which are hard to see in pictures , the tastes are of orange cookies it's deffinalty a top shelf strain going @250's I'll attach a picture below , truly an outstanding pheno so fair play I'll be keeping her to go again ...
picture.php

Blazeee

Veteran
Looks like you did a really great job with her Cheesegez mate, yours has come out looking better than mine did lol. Cheers for the info on the purple tints, i didnt get any purple out of mine, I did give them an ice water flush a couple days before i chopped them and was able to get lots of purple hues on the undersides of the leaves, no purples on the top of the leaves of the buds though. I might stick a few in my next run to see how she does with the winter temps. Glad to hear you enjoyed her, i need to move down south if your getting those kid of prices lol. I will make sure to message you soon, ive just been busy and ive got to nuke these thrips knocking around in my veg tent.

@yts, yeah the daylight bulb acts similar to a MH bulb with the nodes stacking closely together, dont let the size of the bulb fool you though they are fucking bright. Over the years ive vegged and kept mothers under t5's and hps and IMO nothing beats the CMH, they just look alot happier and healthier to me

Blazeee

Veteran
Blaze how is that core cut coming out
Any smells on her yet

Hey there AVOH, the core cut is putting out some amazing smells. Im shit at describing smells unless its something obvious, but i would say she has a very sweet candy kinda fruity/bubble gum smell with a subtle hint of orange to her? She's currently smelling alot better than half of the amnesia i have seen for sale over here. Shes very stretchy and likes to branch out sideways. Im looking forward to smoking her. After smelling her now i know ive smoked the core cut before, just never knew it at the time. Shes definitely some of the better amnesia out there IMO

Looking tidy mate. No idea you had added to the thread. :tiphat:

Thanks for having a look mate, hope you are doing well. You should update your auto thread more often, some of those girls you had were huge.

Im just about to do an update post and dump aload of pics in here.

Blazeee

Veteran
Right heres some pictures from Day 33 12/12

Amnesia Core Cut

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Chem D - Im very impressed with this girl, right now shes putting out some very interesting smells, very hard to describe. Smells like nothing i have ever smelt or smoked before. Shes also stacking up nicely

picture.php

Blazeee

Veteran
GG4 Day 33 12/12 - this girl is a beast, i cant believe the amount of tops she has decided to put out. I was a little worried about how she was budding up, but shes starting to take shape now. I have reduced the feed to between 0.8 and 1.2

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Blazeee

Veteran
Stardawg - Day 33 12/12

So far the Stardawg is stacking up nicely, she never fails to impress me. Ive got nothing but good things to say about her.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Also heres a pic of the Amnesia / GG4 / Chem D side of the tent

Day 33 12/12

picture.php

mack 10

Veteran
Looks sweet mate. The Chem D is an eye opener the first time you grow her.
Wait for your first J..
Is truly unique herb.
Then the crazy room smell after you smoked out.

yts farmer

Veteran
I'm repped out but. Here's another 1 for the stardawg :tiphat:

Yes the stardawg does look awesome, she's looks at home in that line up.

Your doing a top job over here mate, are the chem d and core cut your first time growing them out?

And about the cmh light, its a no brainer then.

Just have to make sure her indoors doesn't find out, lol

Peace.

Blazeee

Veteran
Looks sweet mate. The Chem D is an eye opener the first time you grow her.
Wait for your first J..
Is truly unique herb.
Then the crazy room smell after you smoked out.

Thanks Mack

Im really looking forward to trying her, the smells im getting when i rub her are just something else, ive never smelt a strain that smells like that before, very difficult for me to describe. Your right she is very unique. I will definitely have to do a smoke report on her once she comes down.

Bang on marra. The gg4 and Chemd especially look the part. :tiphat:

Thanks mate, im very impressed with both of them so far, cant wait until the GG4 starts packing on some weight in the next few weeks

Yes the stardawg does look awesome, she's looks at home in that line up.

Your doing a top job over here mate, are the chem d and core cut your first time growing them out?

And about the cmh light, its a no brainer then.

Just have to make sure her indoors doesn't find out, lol

Peace.

Thanks for the kind words mate

Yeah its my first time running the Core Cut, Chem D and GG4 and im very impressed with all of them. The amnesia, chem D and GG4 are all under the CMH and the Stardawg is under the Gavita. I will try and get some closer pics in the next few weeks when they start to put out some more frost.