What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stardawg Grow

Blazeee

Veteran
Looking fucking dank bro thanks for the message I'm in Kos ATM so a little slack at replying .... I'm in week 4 flower I'll up date when I'm back ... just got ECSD and GSCTM in the stable looking forward to them too thanks again ...:tiphat:

Thanks for the kind words mate

Hope you have a good time over there, drop me a message once your back and we will catch up. Im looking forward to seeing how your rooms looking, really interested to hear your opinion on the cheddar and how she compares to the 'dogon' cut. I saw your pics of the GG4 and she looked amazing, cant wait to flower mine out.

Nice score on the ECSD and the Thin mint, One of my mates had the thin mint a while back but she didnt root for him which was a shame, I dont think he was able to get her back.

Nice, the SOG looks good, very frosty.

i have a room full of stardawg on the go at the minute, love the stuff.

nice mother list too, not a fan of OG then?

Thanks Weedobix, btw i love your username :biggrin:

Seems like the Stardawg has been doing the rounds over here recently, im not suprised though she is a lovely strain. I find her very easy to grow and she yields good aswell. I also enjoy the smoke on her, ive got some vegging up for my next round.

TBH with you i havent come across any OG cuts over here. I ran some OG crosses from archive a while back, casper, valley girl and face off. I found an amazing pheno from the face off, unfortunately i had quite a few problems at that grow, clones didnt root for me, i had to move spots after i cropped out and tried to reveg the keeper, in the end i accidentally fried her under a 250w hps, im still upset about that. The valley girl was also nice but i preferred the face off, the casper wast anything special. Ive still got a few seeds of the valley girl left.

Ive also ran Skywalker OG from reserva privada years ago, i really enjoyed her, but same story again i didnt keep any cuts and im gutted about that. Ive still got some Skywalker x smile seeds stashed away.

I also had a WIFI cut a while back that my mate found from seed, i dropped her after a couple of runs though, I found the WIFI didnt live up to the hype, although i think the cut my mate found was kinda shit.

I wouldnt mind giving the SFV cut a run but i havent found anyone over here who has her.

:tiphat:

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor

Hope you have a good time over there, drop me a message once your back and we will catch up. Im looking forward to seeing how your rooms looking, really interested to hear your opinion on the cheddar and how she compares to the 'dogon' cut. I saw your pics of the GG4 and she looked amazing, cant wait to flower mine out.

Nice score on the ECSD and the Thin mint, One of my mates had the thin mint a while back but she didnt root for him which was a shame, I dont think he was able to get her back.

Seems like the Stardawg has been doing the rounds over here recently, im not suprised though she is a lovely strain. I find her very easy to grow and she yields good aswell. I also enjoy the smoke on her, ive got some vegging up for my next round.

TBH with you i havent come across any OG cuts over here. I ran some OG crosses from archive a while back, casper, valley girl and face off. I found an amazing pheno from the face off, unfortunately i had quite a few problems at that grow, clones didnt root for me, i had to move spots after i cropped out and tried to reveg the keeper, in the end i accidentally fried her under a 250w hps, im still upset about that. The valley girl was also nice but i preferred the face off, the casper wast anything special. Ive still got a few seeds of the valley girl left.

Ive also ran Skywalker OG from reserva privada years ago, i really enjoyed her, but same story again i didnt keep any cuts and im gutted about that. Ive still got some Skywalker x smile seeds stashed away.

I also had a WIFI cut a while back that my mate found from seed, i dropped her after a couple of runs though, I found the WIFI didnt live up to the hype, although i think the cut my mate found was kinda shit.

I wouldnt mind giving the SFV cut a run but i havent found anyone over here who has her.

That's weird about the Casper, well not too weird I guess. My Kirkwood was the same, nothing special. But you would figure with the Casper having Ghost OG as one parent and Face-Off OG bx1 as the other, shit would be fire. :crazy:

Blazeee

Veteran
Yeah i was abit dissapointed in the Casper, I found the faceoff had the full on lemon fuel taste going on, the valley girls taste was kinda hard to describe. Dont get me wrong the casper was still good weed but just not what i was expecting / hoping for.

Its a shame as i would have loved to have run more gear from tha doc but he hasnt dropped anything at the UK seed banks in years, i think there was a drop at seedsman a while back but i missed out on that, and after seeing his breakdown in the thread on here a while back and at RIU i dont think i will run anything else from him again. Plus i thought it was abit greedy of him when he dropped the dosido at artizen for $500 a pack, IMO that was taking the piss.

Someone definately needs to chuck some faceoff pollen over the OGKB 2.0, i would be very interested in seeing what would come out from that cross and how close it would be to the dosido

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Yeah i was abit dissapointed in the Casper, I found the faceoff had the full on lemon fuel taste going on, the valley girls taste was kinda hard to describe. Dont get me wrong the casper was still good weed but just not what i was expecting / hoping for.

Its a shame as i would have loved to have run more gear from tha doc but he hasnt dropped anything at the UK seed banks in years, i think there was a drop at seedsman a while back but i missed out on that, and after seeing his breakdown in the thread on here a while back and at RIU i dont think i will run anything else from him again. Plus i thought it was abit greedy of him when he dropped the dosido at artizen for $500 a pack, IMO that was taking the piss.

Someone definately needs to chuck some faceoff pollen over the OGKB 2.0, i would be very interested in seeing what would come out from that cross and how close it would be to the dosido

ChunkyPigs made a cross called "Weirdo-si-do's . Came out looking like some super dank cookies, very comparable to the do-si-do's.

Cheesegez

Yer I'm looking forward to it too bro , I think I did 3 of your cheese and three of dogons cheese gotta say they looked so similar in vegg I actually think they maybe the same time will tell tho ....

Thanks funny you say that about GSCTM it took the fucking piss to root for me , I received ECSD around 5 months ago I only managed to get one rooted she's still only 5 inches tall lol I think the health degraded
In the p***..... o well patience is a vertue they say I'm really looking forward to them , GG4 is a killer strain she yields well too you'll keep her bro I have a room full of the stuff proper couch lock bud and it's going for 260s.... Word of advice high EC levels in flower will make her stretch like mad my first lot tripled in size in flower now I keep EC between 1.4-1.5 and she only doubles ....

It's quite funny but I posted a pic of my supposed stardawg cut earlier in this thread and every one said it looked nothing like stardawg it was a case of mislabelling the pics I put up was of blue magoo lol I did have the manny stardawg cut but GG4 pissed all over her believe me :tiphat:

Thanks man I'll speak to you went I'm back :dance013:

Blazeee

Veteran
Heres some pictures of the next round, pics taken on day 9 12/12

Currently have a mix of Stardawg, GG4, Amnesia core cut and a single Chem D in the back corner

Amnesia / GG4/chem D/Stardawg side

picture.php

Stardawg side

picture.php

Overview

picture.php

Amnesia core cut

picture.php

Chem D in the back corner

picture.php

Cheesegez

Nice one blaze looking forward to the amnesia ... I've never found a cut that tastes and smells like the stuff they sell in the dam, sorta peppery you know ?

Blazeee

Veteran
Thanks for the kind words guys

This is my first time running the Amnesia core cut, ive been doing alot of research on the amnesia cuts for a long time and i was very lucky to get my hands on her. From what ive seen other people say this one is the best tasting. I know theres a few cuts knocking about, the core, the d cut that karma uses, theres one in spain called the cordoba cut and somas cut. Ive smoked plenty of amnesia over here and it always comes slightly different. I will make sure to keep you guys updated on the smells that i get from her and how she preforms.

Ive seen guys on the dutch forums hitting just shy of gpw with her SOG style, but they probably have their shit dialed in, theres no chance i would be able to that though, my past few grows i have been averaging 0.6gpw

Cheesegez my mates offline also have a amnesia cut there that im waiting to pick up, ive been meaning to grab it for a while, i should get it soon though. Hopefully they have saved the sample for me and not smoked it all up lol. They dont know which cut it is so it will be interesting to see how she compares to the core cut.

Ive also got a SLH cut there, really hazy leaning, with a lovely lemon/lime smell and taste only downside is she isnt the strongest and comes out airy, no matter how long you leave her she still comes out airy, i would love to cross her to the core cut, i just dont have the space to try reverse her atm, i would love to do it in the future though.

BTW cheesegez mate you wernt joking about the stretch on the GG4, i have been feeding her at 1.4-1.6 and she just keeps shooting up, hopefully she stops soon otherise im going to run out of head height. I still havent had the chance to smoke any glue yet so im really excited to see how she turns out. Shes definitely the most vigorous plant in the tent though.

I will make sure to post more updates soon once things get exciting :tiphat:

Cheesegez

Yes blaze hope your well fella ...
sounds good bro I've been hunting for a nice lemon haze I love my haze me it's the only thing I struggle to get cuts of tbh ...

That Granola funk is really special so thanks bro , I'll post some pics below ... sorry I take the piss to get back to ya just knees deep ATM

picture.php

picture.php

Oh yer GG4 has some legs on her lol , I managed to tame the bitches this time lol ..
picture.php

picture.php

Blazeee

Veteran
Wow the Granola Funk looks amazing bro, you did a really great job with her. Its hard to tell from the pics, but were you able to get any purple out of her on the buds?

Dont worry about the wait mate, it was worth it to see those pics. Your pics of the GG4 also looks great. The ones ive got have finally stopped stretching i think.

Yeah the lemon cut i have is alright, i wouldnt say she is the best out there though, i have smoked better examples. I just love the smell and flavour that she puts out, pure lemon / lime stink even in veg. The only downside is that she comes out airy. I feel like she would be a good match for the ammo. I will make sure to send you a PM in a couple weeks mate ;)

Wish you all the best :tiphat:

yts farmer

Veteran
Hey bro great thread you have going on over here, you been putting in the work mate.

Nice stable you have to choose from, must make decisions tough lol.

Peace.

Blazeee

Veteran
Hey bro great thread you have going on over here, you been putting in the work mate.

Nice stable you have to choose from, must make decisions tough lol.

Peace.

Cheers for stopping by and having a look mate

Making decisions isnt the hard part as i only recently recieved most of the new cuts, the hard part is juggling keeping everything alive and healthy in a 60cm x 60cm tent lol, along with having to remake the mothers every 3-4 weeks. Ive been juggling them between the veg tent and a separate area for cloning with a t5.

I will try and get some more pics up soon. The stardawg is stacking up nicely. The amnesia is a really stretchy bitch, shes at 3 weeks and smells amazing, its already got that full on fruity kinda candy smell that the bud has once its dry. I cant wait to smoke her.

The GG4 filled out nicely bud isnt budding up that well for me, i dont know if shes unhappy being close to the CMH, shes just over a foot away from the lamp and im not seeing any burning, but to me she doesnt look that happy. I was feeding her around 1.4-1.6, so i decided to ease back on the feed last time i watered her. I was feeding her with 2.5ml per L of terra flores, 2ml Per L of big bud and 1 ml per L of plant magic cal mag. I introduced the monster bloom last feed on the stardawg and the ammo but didnt hit the GG4 with it. I think i may cut back all feed on the GG4 and only hit her with the terra flores and the cal mag and try keep the EC below 1.2, hopefully she will start to bud up better over the next week.

I will try to get some pics up soon to show what im on about

yts farmer

Veteran
Nice one blazeee,

When you say your glue isnt looking happy, im sure i read somewhere maybe the glue thread over hear even that a few people saying their glue wasn't happy basking directly under the light, performed way better when she was on the outskirts of a grow.

Cant remember who wrote it but im sure the members comment was couldnt believe his gg#4 was light sensitive, which had me thinking how do grow a whole tent/room full if she's light sensitive lol.

Have you seen the thread about bonsai mums? If not take a quick look here
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=31919

May or may not help.

Blazeee

Veteran
Thanks for the info mate

Maybe you could be right about the light sensitivity as they are in between the gavita and CMH, both are running at 500w each, and she did stretch quite high. Its just the tops aint filling out like i would have expected them to, the mid range stuff looks fine, but the tops dont look too happy. I will try and get some pics soon.

Yeah ive read that bonsai thread multiple times over the years, its a really great thread. Personally i prefer to remake them every month or so rather than trimming them back multiple times or letting the shoots get too woody etc

yts farmer

Veteran
Whats your thoughts on gavita/ cdm lighting, how long is it now since you made the switch.

What's the stretch like on the amnesia?

Blazeee

Veteran
Im probaly not the best person to answer that question, as im only using them on a small scale, however from my experience i can say that CMH is amazing in veg. When i veg with it my plants look the healthiest i have ever seen them. Also the buds under the CMH come out more frosty than standard 600w hps. Ive been meaning to get one for my mother tent, i just dont have the cash atm.

The gavitas are also great, just make sure you have plenty of head height as they do put out alot of heat. Ive been running the gavita dimmed down, right now the gavita is on 500w and the cmh is at 85%/535w. Ideally if i had more space i woul run either a mix of gavita/cmh/gavita, or cmh/gavita/cmh and go for that mixed spectrum.

I bought the gavita then the CMH a month or 2 later, i want to say ive had them for about a year and a half now. I definitely prefer them to the standard 600w bulbs i used to use before. But thats just my opinion.

CMH in veg my plants definitely look way healthier than i have seen them before though.

I would say the amnesia stretches way more than twice the size from when she was flipped, maybe closer to triple the size. Its only my first time running her though.

I will try to get some pics soon, ive just been very busy recently and prefer to take pics right after the lights have turned off.

yts farmer

Veteran
Nice one blazeee, have you got both veg and flower bulbs .

I run 2 600s in my larger tent and was thinking about adding a 315 w cdm fitting in the middle, if i did get one i would also like to get both bulbs and the extra bulb is about £90 quid.

Also the 315w fittings only have a small footprint so i was thinking would i really see any real benefit.

Peace.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Nice one blazeee,

When you say your glue isnt looking happy, im sure i read somewhere maybe the glue thread over hear even that a few people saying their glue wasn't happy basking directly under the light, performed way better when she was on the outskirts of a grow.

Cant remember who wrote it but im sure the members comment was couldnt believe his gg#4 was light sensitive, which had me thinking how do grow a whole tent/room full if she's light sensitive lol.

Have you seen the thread about bonsai mums? If not take a quick look here
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=31919

May or may not help.

Pretty sure that's the Forum Cut GSC your thinking of. GG#4 loves light. I just took down the largest GG#4 buds I have ever grown indoors. Directly under a 1000w HPS, and only 16" away from the bulb.