What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stardawg Grow

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
As promised :yes:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Blazeee

Veteran
sounds good man looks very resinous ... im not sure which cut ive got it was gave to me as stardawg illuminati haven't flowered her out yet but will be in the next few months...

you did well to get away with just a lil lightburn on your plants that was close man did you blow fans at the lights ? im using 1000wde's and flapping about the legroom between the canopy and bulbs they can be dimmed but that's boring :biggrin:

ill get some pics up once she looks interesting :tiphat:

Yeah she's really frosty, i would flower her out ASAP if I were you, she definitely lives up to the hype! Where did you get your cut from, I got mine labled as manny stardawg, I found a post on IG where one guy was comparing all the different stardawg cuts that are bieng passed around down there. As far as I'm aware there's 3 cuts bieng passed around, the illuminati, KK / kyle kushman and a cut found from a bag seed from the kk cut. The bag seed cut is the one that has the slight purple hues, didn't look like the cut I've got. I haven't been able to find any pics of the KK cut. I was able to find pics of the illuminati cut in an old thread that Snypes started, I also know the illuminati cut made it over here and was passed about pretty freely a few years ago. I will try to find a link to that post on IG comparing the cuts for you.

Most of the tops got light bleached, there was 1 cola on the CMH side that got completely fucked. I had to dim both lights to the lowest they would go to fit them in there, that tent is only 6ft tall, I've been able to run the gavita at 600w in there with a few crispy leaves in the past, I struggle to run the cmh at 630 in there though. No circulation fans in there, I didn't even run the intake fan last round, I've got a huge 6 inch acoustic box fan for extraction outside the tent that I used to use as an intake on one of my old rooms.

I've only got the 600/750 gavita, I imagine those 1000w's get pretty hot, my mates got 4 of the 600/750's in a 240x240x200 tent with a controller and he struggles to push them above 750w, he's running a 10 inch box fan, 2 6 inch intakes a few of those stand fans and a couple of the big floor fans pointing upwards. From what I've seen I wouldn't try running a 1000w unless you've got one of those new 8ft tall tents.

Here is a StarDawg (Corey Cut) I just ran....

View Image

View Image

Looks good, how's the smoke on the Corey cut, is the Corey cut one of the ones JJ used to make some of the newer stardawg stock?

I'm not good at describing smells, she's a difficult one to describe, everyone that I've showed her too has struggled to describe her. I would she smells very chemmy, similar smell to the old version of OG chem that I grew from CSG. I hard for me to say though because I have never grown / smoked any chem cuts, She stinks though, i would put her on the same level as the cheese in the smell department.

For me the stardawg definitely lives up to all the hype I used to read on here years ago, back when it was impossible to find seeds for sale etc

Great work who dat is, they both look amazing, have you grown out any other stardawg cuts before, if so I would be interested to hear how the IX compares to them.

Dam that's alot of pollen in that first post, what are your planning on hitting up with that? Is that just 1 male in there or a bunch of them, if it's just 1 it looks like he's got a great structure. I'm going to have to find your most recent thread and follow it, I'm always interested in seeing crosses that other people have made.

I popped some of the stardawg x gf6 seeds the other day, it's been 48 hrs and I've got 13/20 to show roots, I'm going to put them in soil later and wait to see if anymore show roots, I might not end up flowering all of these plants out though, I've still not decided yet. The seeds had been left to dry for 2 weeks and had been in the fridge since then.

Last edited:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
It was only one male that is in the pictures and got flowered out. I plant to collect the pollen and keep it in the freezer for future use. One main goal is to pollinate my Dank Zappa cut I kept specifically for getting seeded up with the Star Dawg IX pollen to make "Zappa Dawg". Otherwise I'm probably going to selectively pollinate branches on everything with this pollen so testers can be ran to see how the male performs in a cross :yes:

Blazeee

Veteran
Wish you the best of luck with your projects who dat is, hopefully your male turns out to be a winner, looks like he had a great structure.

Checked the rest of the seeds earlier, another 3 had cracked for a total of 16/20, still waiting on my clones to root, I've been having issues with my clones all winter, not getting the success rates I used to, clones taking longer to root, after buying new clonex / jiffys I'm starting to think it might be down to the temperature, I raised the propagators up off the floor and I'm thinking about buying a heated propagator / heat matt. I've also got an aero cloner that's missing the inside manifold, I might try to get the parts to get it up and running.

Blazeee

Veteran
Thanks moses and thanks for all the + rep, yeah she's a keeper, I plan on keeping her around for a while. I was just checking out your thread, your cheese cut looks amazing, she's got a really similar structure to the uk cut I posted on the last page.

:tiphat:

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Thanks moses and thanks for all the + rep, yeah she's a keeper, I plan on keeping her around for a while. I was just checking out your thread, your cheese cut looks amazing, she's got a really similar structure to the uk cut I posted on the last page.

Thanx Blazee is that a verified Exodus cut? I am planning to get Bodhi Stardawg guava hashplant to get in on the action!

You mentioned OG Chem, I am also planning to order that. So there is a new version?

Blazeee

Veteran
Thanx Blazee is that a verified Exodus cut? I am planning to get Bodhi Stardawg guava hashplant to get in on the action!

You mentioned OG Chem, I am also planning to order that. So there is a new version?

Unfortunately I can't trace it back that far, she came from Birmingham which is the cheese capital of the uk, the guy I got her from was offline and has held her for 10+ years. I've spoke to a few other growers who hold the same cut as I do however they have obtained her from different sources, so she's definitely one of the older cuts floating around the uk. Every one who has smoked her says she's the one. I used to buy and smoke loads of cheese it was the only strain I used to smoke, this cut is the exact same as I used to buy, nowadays most of the cheese for sale over here is shit, not the same as it used to be.

There's a few different cheese cuts floating around the uk, I'm not sure which one she is but she's definitely one of the originals.

As far as the OG chem I must have grown those back in 2012 maybe? I only had half a pack but got 5/5 females, 4/5 grew identical and had one of the craziest smells. I think shortly after I grew them out they might have changed the male, if you do some digging around in the Csg sub forum you might be able to find some old posts, I will try to have a look for you. OG chem was a great strain though, shame I never kept any cuts back then.

Blazeee

Veteran
Here's what I was talking about.

ok so here the scoop on what we got dropping

og chem new improved backcross to an og chem male, guaranteed dank
put a grow thread up of your new og chem purchase and if you dont find a winner il send you a pack of seeds of your choice(of any available stock at the time)thats how confident we are in these

og chem hybrid line using our new selected og chem male the stinkiest male and id like to say plant ive ever come across
so please make sure your filters are working etc as this is a security risk

it was the
chem d x sfv
x chem bx2

the new og chem was an open pollination of the best females and male

peace

check out our og chem male we will be using in the future

this is hands down the most stinkiest male ive ever had
its more smelly than 99% of the females i have(seriously)

peace

Blazeee

Veteran
Last of them, when harvestig i foolishly tried to remove the net first, big mistake. everything instantly flopped over, i was caked in resin after harvesting.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Blazeee

Veteran
Heres some pics of the current round. I made some changes this round, took the 90x120x180 tent down and set up the GreenQube 120x120x220, hopefully the extra height will prevent any light bleaching etc, still got both lights in there. Flipped the tent to flower 2 days ago.

I currently have the following in the tent

Lady Sativa Genetics - Super Orange Glue, SOG is GG4 x Orange diesel V3. One of my mates grew these out offline and found 2 keepers an orange pheno and a more sour/glue leaning pheno. The Sour/Glue pheno was the strongest but the orange pheno looks like it will yield more.

Ive got 2 of the orange pheno #1 and one of the sour/glue pheno #5

Ive also got 5 Granola Funk in there from Bodhi, Granola Funk is Forum Cut GSC x Wookie 15. The Granola funk is the #11 keeper pheno that i found from seed myself she has a killer lavender/lemon candy smell/taste, definately got some serious funk to here, ive got 5 of these in the tent. Ive had a slight issue with the Granola recently, a few of the leaves have started to yellow up at the tips on the new growth, im not quite sure whats wrong with them, if anyone sees this and thinks they know whats wrong please let me know so i can figure out how to correct it.

Ive also got 1 UK cheese in there.

Plans are to chuck some Granola Funk #6 pollen over everything but my main goal is to hit the cheese up. I also want to see if im able to get any purple out of the granola.

Also ive recently received cuts of the GG4, Pie Face from Archive seeds and Connoisseur Cookies from CSG. Huge shout out to the people that were responsible for making that happen, dont want to drop any names here though. Im also waiting on a new Haze cut thats going around locally, ive heard this one is supposed to be close to the amnesia, so there going to get flowered on the next round, really looking forward to trying the GG4.

Heres some pics of the tent from the other day.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Super Orange glue #5 in the last pic

picture.php

Blazeee

Veteran
Couple more pics of the Uk Cheese that i plan to pollinate.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thats the last of the pics, i will post another update once things start to get more interesting.

superx

Veteran
Very nice mate, those flower pics above are caked in goodness...

You started the flush approaching the 7th week, when did you harvest? sorry if you mentioned this i cant seem to find it, considering you got a little light burn the final pics look stunning man.. So you went with 20lt pots? how has the stardawg cut yielded for you in the past? always wanted to give this a run...

Forgot to add, they look super dense...

Take it easy.

Blazeee

Veteran
Thanks Superx, i harvested them at day 59 / 8 weeks and 1 day, in the end i got impatient and was out of smoke. TBH the 20L pots were abit oversized, i probaly would have been fine sticking them in some 15/18s.

This was my 2nd run with the stardawg, first run i only did 1 plant in a 20L pot, 5 plants in the tent running the CMH at 70% , from that round i pulled just shy of 2.5oz, i had to chop that round early as there was a slight bit of bud rot on a different plant in the tent.

TBH with you though ive never really got the best yields, especialy when running cheese etc, so im still dialing things in. I think this was one of the best runs ive had though, pulled just over 3 a plant this time.

My mates ran this cut a few more times than i have in a RDWC setup and hes been pulling 4-5 a plant with 4 plants per light under 600's, and he was chopping her just after 7 weeks. Ive given her to one other lad who also thought she was a quick finisher.

The stardawg definately lives up to the hype and i would highly recommend you run her if youve got access to her.

superx

Veteran
Most definitely mate....

Good luck with the current ones they do look healthy, also nice scrog you got...

Take it easy.....

Cheesegez

Looking good bro ... I think I've got that stardawg cut she's in week 5 I'll get some shots up
Soon ... how long do you take her ?