What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~Star~Crash~ All & Everything

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Impressive cup stacking skills. My clumsy ass would knock every one of those over. :biggrin:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the cross i got from snow is the strongest genes i have seen for holding off mold and cloning strength. its always the last to start and finish flowering. the hard part for me is choosing when to cut. i usually take a quarter of it a bit early to get a lighter speedier effect.

what medium? soil? I recommend to flower them from cuts, it is quicker and overall better. they stretch a lot. so it is the best to keep them in smaller pots after flipping, first weeks of flowering it is not really flowering.. and then after initial stretch transplant them to bigger pots, so they can bulk little.. I recommend 11/13 light regime from beginning, in last weeks of flowering 10/14 to avoid some crazy reflowering.. they need intense light..
MAHA I am in coco just trying it out ,I like it it’s very easy and suitable for me right now .I’m using Cana for cocoa nutrients A &B with some General hydroponics calimagic to supplement that’s it thus far , I do have ability to give them intense lighting so what you’re suggesting is sex them take cuts from the females and fllower out the females under a slightly modified Photo period:D
Impressive cup stacking skills. My clumsy ass would knock every one of those over. :biggrin:
Purely temporary I put a foam pad over the cups as a floor..They will stay under florescence as long as I can hold them..
Lol, I found this helpful, but ran out of rep bullets. No Hollywood reloads around here:(

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image[/FONT]
^^^ Unclefishstick is The cup stacking & container washing king ...no stone get unturned in this man’s house , everything’s perfectly disinfected it’s unbelievable:dancer:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
what medium? soil? I recommend to flower them from cuts, it is quicker and overall better. they stretch a lot. so it is the best to keep them in smaller pots after flipping, first weeks of flowering it is not really flowering.. and then after initial stretch transplant them to bigger pots, so they can bulk little.. I recommend 11/13 light regime from beginning, in last weeks of flowering 10/14 to avoid some crazy reflowering.. they need intense light..

Uh oh.... I thought I heard others say that Ohaze did best not in intense light. I've heard some say that the plants on the edges of the grow are sometimes best.
What you say makes since because most sativas come from tropical or equatorial sun levels.

I folded up my ohaze scrog and have her in the corner mostly out of direct light. Over 100 days with no end in sight, I had to do something so I could get other plants in there.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Wondering if there’s a consensus on original Haze flowering requirements

I'm sure it's like everything else. Everybody has different methods and theirs is the best. Lol.
There's so many different o Haze's and phenos.

I'm down to hear everyones method tho!

funkyhorse

Hola Star Crash
I have your same questions, I hope you dont mind me adding more questions
After reading MadMac recommendations I put all Ohz and landrace sativas in light mix soil and they look happy and that makes me happy too. I will try next days to use a mix of lituanian peat moss with mushroom compost and perlite to see if it works well to cut costs of substrate

you mean TFD The Flying Dutchman O-Haze?
yes I've grow them two times... was not happy with... very very old seeds not proper stored...
very low yield but the high was there... pollinated the girls with the best THH male...
pic's are in my album from first grow... THH brought back the yield, bud & structure ...
forget TFD ... nothing to care about anymore...

I've used All Mix in all stages... with all pot sizes ...
for hybrids like NHz and SK1 x O-haze etc... it's fine...
no need to feed the first 4-6 weeks...
but for pure sativa I'll would never use All Mix again...
did not get the light mix when I was in shop...
normally I only use light mix + 1 cub dolomite lime on a bag...
that works superior with led light... no cal/mag issues @ end of grow and PH stays stable!
so my advise.. use Light Mix + dolomite lime and there organic feed ...
use the half as advertised and you'r fine...

not easy to guess... I'll mixed them well ... so would say 2 pack's and you will find the 4 expressions... and in-between ...
I used 13 boy's and 12 girls... all was there ... also the true purple... Raco did a great job and selection... I had 2 pack's THH... one from breeders retail and a old original... GS gave me the last 2 packs for free to try the repro... I'll promised when success i will give back some... no money involved... was only to keep this gem's alive... what GS now do with it... it's there busyness... and out of my control... I'll just keep my promise ... like I always do.

the other questions:

resin and effect... only. -> see quotes

yep me too... that's the question that always popped up when thinking about the THH...

what male did they used and was it a male from the same batch as #19 ... what makes sense...
but who selected the male Posi or SamS?
only one male get used to pollinate the #19?

Tom Hill quotes: I saved ...

"I picked up 4-5 15 packs of "original haze" from positronics in '95, as well as sk1, bred for earliness "hand pollenated by the skunkman"
?
"At any rate I'd like to get down to it Sam. Most of the Dutch hazes used in hybrids seemed to me from earlier f1 Mexican Colombian stock? A bit more sawn teak/leather of a flavor than the majority of Thai dominant citrus Haze I seemed to have aquired? Is this so? At any rate, the haze I have when it is on, can not be compared to by anything I have ever encountered, ever. Thank you sir for your efforts to make this so. I don't know what to tell folk that have not encountered this. It can be truly awsome. "

"Each year I pollinated females with male pollen mixes, then saved the seed from only the excellent females after the smoke was tested. In 2003, I gathered seed from all of the best plants from generations 1-6, grew them, and let them pollinate each other. Follow? But it gets more complicated, because each year I typically will sprout several generations of seed, not only seed from the latest generation. So that a high percentage of the later generations are products of matings to earlier generations. IE, there is a span of generations included, as apposed to an exact number of generations removed from the original source".

"If I was crunching numbers in the closet I would not cull a lamb. However, if I was dealing with numbers... I know Haze. It is resinous on the stem in veg to the tune of 75%, it smells like a metal shop for lack of a better definition to be sure, no other word for it."

"Haze plants are well culled to ommit the resinless vegging phenos, they are not many, maybe 25%. But do well to get rid of them, all that don't smell like a high school metal shop in early veg are not whorth growing out ime.- T"

"The 2003 seed lot was around (notes are not currently handy) 2-7 generations removed from Positronic stock. Let me try to explain a little better. Each year I pollinated females with male pollen mixes, then saved the seed from only the excellent females after the smoke was tested. In 2003, I gathered seed from all of the best plants from generations 1-6, grew them, and let them pollinate each other. Follow?
But it gets more complicated, because each year I typically will sprout several generations of seed, not only seed from the latest generation. So that a high percentage of the later generations are products of matings to earlier generations. IE, there is a span of generations included, as apposed to an exact number of generations removed from the original source. -Tom"

"I suppose I was guilty of looking on the bright side there somewhat, for yes, there's definitely some Hay in there too. All cannabis that does not have strong terpenes fall under the Hay category in my opinion - when there is nothing left but chlorophyll to smell. Yes, there are phenotypes in this line where all of the herbal, citrus, and metallic/oil properties are so faint that I do classify them as hay. These are most often phenotypes lacking resin. Many of these plants are chock-full of complex smells and flavors, but yes, there's some Hay in there too for sure. -Tom "

"In this particular Haze line, at 4-6 weeks old, resin will start to develop 3/4 up on the main stalk in 75% +/- of the plants regardless of photoperiod. The most resinous buds will develop from within this group in my experience - there seems to be some correlation there. If I was pressed for space, I would cull the 25% of plants that weren't producing resin on the main stalks by 6 weeks old. -Tom"

Another post on what side of haze is responsible for the good effects:
"That being said, I have always felt that it was more like the Thai I have smoked more than anything else. It is clear and electric and very strong, penetrating - rocks me to the core".

thx SamS for all the info's and of course the haze!
you see almost 30 years after the release in holland it's still hot!
there is no other that had such huge influence on so many strains...
hope to see soon a new incarnation of the o-haze out of your hands...
many thx
and I also can admit: At any rate, the haze I have when it is on, can not be compared to by anything I have ever encountered, ever. Thank you sir for your efforts to make this so. I don't know what to tell folk that have not encountered this. It can be truly awsome.
M.

thx
yes sure... glad you ask...
i'll use Biobizz Light Mix ...
add 1 big cup of dolomite lime or similar to one bag to push the ph a little and to keep the soil stable over 100 day's ...
and a ph around 7 works good for pure sativas...
i'll startet them indoors... just finish them the last 3 -4 weeks outdoors..
soil works best for long flowering ... and organic feeding..
best seperate P & K... begin with P until middle than fade to K ..
K only the last 6 weeks... finish with molasses or similar... 1 spoon /gallon ... mix in warm water... gives great taste and smell...
all the best
M.

So I decided the best is a greenhouse and I am happy with the results so far
Now I have questions for Master Maha Kala
In the pictures, I just put different hazes to sex light dep on greenhouse different pot sizes. But the rule is they arrive to 30cms and they go to sex. When I tried Mango Thai on 40 cm to sex, they went over the roof on a 20 liter pot.

This is the never hyped enough Seedsman Haze original pack. I succeeded to get 5 going from the original pack
picture.php

How much hazes stretch? x8? more?
I am sexing in 1,3 liters, 3,5 liters and in 9,5 liter which is the size I like better for sexing but I really dont know what is best.

From left to right Seedsman Hz MadMac in 1,3lts, Ohz 90s in 10 liter pot and Seedsman Haze Original Pack in 1,3 lts
picture.php

Once sexed, the plan is female will get up potted to a total of 30 liter, thats the plan
At the back Seedsman Hz MadMac repro at 10 liters sexing and THH21 in 3,5 liters

picture.php

Maha Kala, did you find any difference in quality growing same cut of Haze in 5 liters against a 20-30 liter pot?
Thank you very much and have a nice evening

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hola Star Crash
I have your same questions, I hope you dont mind me adding more questions
After reading MadMac recommendations I put all Ohz and landrace sativas in light mix soil and they look happy and that makes me happy too. I will try next days to use a mix of lituanian peat moss with mushroom compost and perlite to see if it works well to cut costs of substrate

So I decided the best is a greenhouse and I am happy with the results so far
Now I have questions for Master Maha Kala
In the pictures, I just put different hazes to sex light dep on greenhouse different pot sizes. But the rule is they arrive to 30cms and they go to sex. When I tried Mango Thai on 40 cm to sex, they went over the roof on a 20 liter pot.

This is the never hyped enough Seedsman Haze original pack. I succeeded to get 5 going from the original pack
View Image
How much hazes stretch? x8? more?
I am sexing in 1,3 liters, 3,5 liters and in 9,5 liter which is the size I like better for sexing but I really dont know what is best.

From left to right Seedsman Hz MadMac in 1,3lts, Ohz 90s in 10 liter pot and Seedsman Haze Original Pack in 1,3 lts
View Image
Once sexed, the plan is female will get up potted to a total of 30 liter, thats the plan
At the back Seedsman Hz MadMac repro at 10 liters sexing and THH21 in 3,5 liters

View Image
Maha Kala, did you find any difference in quality growing same cut of Haze in 5 liters against a 20-30 liter pot?
Thank you very much and have a nice evening
Nice post ! @Funky horse what do you generally like to feed your hazes? Are they light feeders? I don’t want to burn my tips...The super silver haze Iran previously did not like the same nutrient regime as the other plants I can tell you that

funkyhorse

I just sprouted my first seed 2 and a half years ago and this is the first time growing hazes. I grow sativas, I have a very bad environment for indicas where I live. I use Plagron products, alga grow in veg and alga bloom in flowering I add 1 liter fresh EWC every 20 liter and a spoonful oif bat guano to the soil mix.

I give a light mix soil to hazes and supposed pure sativas. Hazes are happy but some of the supposed pure sativas show hybrid qualities and are not very happy and need a richer soil. I am learning and experimenting

I treat all of them as pure sativas. I smoked equatorial landraces all my life and only now that I grow I am trying some hybrids and hyped up stuff but it is not of my liking, so I have the occassional indica here and there but they all rotten here, it is too humid, wetlands are not the right environment for indicas and indica leaning hybrids

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just sprouted my first seed 2 and a half years ago and this is the first time growing hazes. I grow sativas, I have a very bad environment for indicas where I live. I use Plagron products, alga grow in veg and alga bloom in flowering I add 1 liter fresh EWC every 20 liter and a spoonful oif bat guano to the soil mix.

I give a light mix soil to hazes and supposed pure sativas. Hazes are happy but some of the supposed pure sativas show hybrid qualities and are not very happy and need a richer soil. I am learning and experimenting

I treat all of them as pure sativas. I smoked equatorial landraces all my life and only now that I grow I am trying some hybrids and hyped up stuff but it is not of my liking, so I have the occassional indica here and there but they all rotten here, it is too humid, wetlands are not the right environment for indicas and indica leaning hybrids
Here’s my haze recipe from JohnnyChicago >>>
Hi, I have seen your post in the thread.
Use 10.5/13.5 and as low as possible with nutes.
I think the more watt or lumen the better.
You can try flower the seedplants too. But keep the pots small.

Or take cuts and when rooted send them directly into flowering in bigger pots, that's the easiest I think.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Uh oh.... I thought I heard others say that Ohaze did best not in intense light. I've heard some say that the plants on the edges of the grow are sometimes best.
What you say makes since because most sativas come from tropical or equatorial sun levels.

I folded up my ohaze scrog and have her in the corner mostly out of direct light. Over 100 days with no end in sight, I had to do something so I could get other plants in there.

View ImageView ImageView ImageView Image

like I said it needs intense light, maybe some phenotypes are doing good in shade, but most get larfy without intense light. all growers of pure haze I know, they use huge wattage and even combination of lights like cmh with leds etc. like Mac says it needs more of red light spectrum...