What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~Star~Crash~ All & Everything

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
it was around 2012 when I lived in strong belief that the best cross in the world it has to be diesel x haze. diesel like the best from skunkweed for me and haze.. haze is the best okay hahahaha.

now me with friends we grew all forms of it. super silver diesel haze, sour diesel x nevilles haze, sour diesel x amnesia haze... results were disappointing.. haze got more indica, which means more boring for me, and it was not good as ECSD... no way...

in that time other friendly crew got into ghost train haze selection. cuts I got from them were great, although some were moldy... I think hells angels ogk x trainwreck/nhz plants were moldy... but smoke outperformed any diesel x haze I grew... I really liked hash from trainwreck pheno of gth8

full

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
but then I found, that it is useless to use real ECSD in crosses. and that Riri Diesel is better in it.. yes, it surprised me just like you now. but it is my experience with few crosses.

but Riri is too indica, it is more indica than ECSD. I dont like it personally LOL. as smoke I prefer ECSD. yeah. but Riri works better in outcrosses. so I considered it in making my own diesel haze cross. I didnt want diesel took down those wonderful haze qualities down by too much indica influence, so I decided to use diluted diesel. it was diluted by F13 which is Flo x Blueberry. it is very strange line, doesnt remind blueberry much imo, and it contains fuely phenos... the most important thing is that it took out muddy stoniness and make diesel dynamic euphoria more clear heady and dreamy. but still very much kicked boots dynamic rush of sour diesel... and I used thaihaze male on it... that diesel still took out of edginess/nervousness of haze out, but it keeps cerebral quality of haze pretty good. not muddy or tiring, heavy confused head like those dieselhazes I tried before... and I absolutely love longer flowering fuely phenos of it... it is mouth coating with great haze high combined with that strong euphoric rush from diesel. I will grow more of it soon.

full

DF13haze:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
but then I found, that it is useless to use real ECSD in crosses. and that Riri Diesel is better in it.. yes, it surprised me just like you now. but it is my experience with few crosses.

but Riri is too indica, it is more indica than ECSD. I dont like it personally LOL. as smoke I prefer ECSD. yeah. but Riri works better in outcrosses. so I considered it in making my own diesel haze cross. I didnt want diesel took down those wonderful haze qualities down by too much indica influence, so I decided to use diluted diesel. it was diluted by F13 which is Flo x Blueberry. it is very strange line, doesnt remind blueberry much imo, and it contains fuely phenos... the most important thing is that it took out muddy stoniness and make diesel dynamic euphoria more clear heady and dreamy. but still very much kicked boots dynamic rush of sour diesel... and I used thaihaze male on it... that diesel still took out of edginess/nervousness of haze out, but it keeps cerebral quality of haze pretty good. not muddy or tiring, heavy confused head like those dieselhazes I tried before... and I absolutely love longer flowering fuely phenos of it... it is mouth coating with great haze high combined with that strong euphoric rush from diesel. I will grow more of it soon.

full

DF13haze:
That is the fun/frustrating part about chucking/breeding. Some things combine better than you expect and others not as well. It's been a mental hurdle to get over just knowing 2 greats varieties do not necessarily equal a new great variety. Still fun to try and not usually a total fail. Just that the big wins are not as easy to create as one would hope.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
That is the fun/frustrating part about chucking/breeding. Some things combine better than you expect and others not as well. It's been a mental hurdle to get over just knowing 2 greats varieties do not necessarily equal a new great variety. Still fun to try and not usually a total fail. Just that the big wins are not as easy to create as one would hope.
people have similar ideas.

I learnt, never made mistake again in it.

although there are people who like it... but when I see strawberry glue haze from Amsterdam, I am telling myself that guy who made it, he didn't like haze much hahhaahhaa.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I love those diesel calyxes, their size... it is amazing, those clusters. first time I saw it
full
I could not believe it... very good trait for breeding. there are many great varieties, but people will not grow it today, as it is too leafy. sour diesel can help with it..

Last edited:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
watched folks and learned that about dog breeding :) goes for most things
Luckily with plants you can be completely irresponsible and create the most pointless varieties imaginable and when done you just light it on fire. With animals all the same rules apply as for choosing healthy breeding stock for the next generation and even that is no guarantee. What is terrible is how many people knowingly breeding animals that should never be bred and then selling the often extremely unhealthy offspring to often unsuspecting or uninformed people.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
when you select parents according to psychological effect, perception alteration and mainly evocation of euphoria.. it is so far from any animal breeding LOL, just how much it can be... even botany, biology dont have much to do with it.

it is more question of human consciousness than plant itself... question of levels of consciousness. that's why we say: I want to get high, as we realize that there is low and high of consciousness and we can slide on that scale, from depression to euphoria... that's why when you say I want to get high, you are looking for line on which your consciousness can escape from lower depressing reality to higher state of mind... this is not something what happens when you breed dogs.

but when you breed cannabis plant according to smoke effect, it happens all the time. this consciousness sliding...

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
when you select parents according to psychological effect, perception alteration and mainly evocation of euphoria.. it is so far from any animal breeding LOL, just how much it can be... even botany, biology dont have much to do with it.

it is more question of human consciousness than plant itself... question of levels of consciousness. that's why we say: I want to get high, as we realize that there is low and high of consciousness and we can slide on that scale, from depression to euphoria... that's why when you say I want to get high, you are looking for line on which your consciousness can escape from lower depressing reality to higher state of mind... this is not something what happens when you breed dogs.

but when you breed cannabis plant according to smoke effect, it happens all the time. this consciousness sliding...
I was simply stating that poorly bred cannabis can still be smoked with no real moral problems. And poorly bred animals are a huge problem. You have puppy's with hip, heart, breathing and all sorts of issues. And personally I'm against having to smoke or euthanize litters of unhealthy puppy's.

Obviously in an ideal situation everyone would only breed great plants and great animals.

And I suppose you could compare an animals temperament to quality of high. Not the same. But also having nothing to do with physical characteristics.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
yeah but you dont smoke animal temperament, you clearly see dog´s temperament and choose parent according to it. dog´s temperament doesn't get you high... it is apples and oranges.

it is not same experience like smoking weed.

edit: it is similar when you breed plant for leaf morphology or yield, strength of growth etc.. but for effect it is entirely different imo.

you have absolutely same responsibility for future generations, animals or plants..

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Rottweiler is winner, no need for any further dog breeding! ahahahaha

p.s. just joking, dont want to start the best dog breed discussion hahahaha.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
are my two favorites you can’t compare them they are extremely different it’s hard to top the raw potency of headband I can tell you that,,But the haze is an extraordinarily psychoactive high it’s the only one I can use that doesn’t wipe me out And burn me out
exactly man. I see it the same. like two different conceptions of potency. one is raw and one is sophisticated kind of...

what about duration of effect? any difference?