What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~Star~Crash~ All & Everything

madalasatori

Veteran
shame no drain but still the best place for it.. old plaster ceilings and wooden floors do not like hundreds of litres passing through them.

When I’ve flooded the basement it’s been surprisingly easy to clear up by sweeping the water into square totes ..

You should see about fitting a drain - im no engineer but surely just dig a hole in the floor?

Drumskinz

shame no drain but still the best place for it.. old plaster ceilings and wooden floors do not like hundreds of litres passing through them.

When I’ve flooded the basement it’s been surprisingly easy to clear up by sweeping the water into square totes ..

You should see about fitting a drain - im no engineer but surely just dig a hole in the floor?
Too old I’m 71…house has been standing since’94…and I’m sure there’s more to it than just digging a hole…Think I like Paul McCartney version better…”I’m fixing a hole where the rain gets in and stop my mind from wandering, where it will go”….

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Was setting up a friend's hydro system on the third floor of his house. We were done for the day having beers in the kitchen and some folks came over. This cute gal from Canada whom I never met was leaning up against the stove.

The cabinet doors above the stove flew open and GALLONS of water blasted out into the kitchen from 3 stories up, soaking the cutie the worst. All 55 gallons went from 3rd floor on down lol

What a mess. Big house and it was soaked from tip to tip lol

Turns out he took the res off the blocks to final clean and filled it without setting it back on the blocks, letting gravity have its way.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:joint: You cannot afford mold that's sure
D881964A-E005-4376-8EDD-CC9779AEAD0A.jpeg

herbgreen

Veteran
Yeah, there has to be pipe under there leads away from the house foundation

Youll get it aired out.......Im familiar with these sort of disasters

Dehumidfier on your shopping list...with a UV blaster LOL!

herbgreen

Veteran
Its True and you havent done real damage

Air that sucker out ....Dehumidify

Check your RH levels...with all that ripe bud around