What's new

~Star~Crash~ All & Everything

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Yeah I do see it occasionally for even more than that at some shops. I have been making it for over a decade now, and havent got those prices in a long time. But I'm not asking it. We used to get it though.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
OK that’s a deal you & Chaco come down there’s plenty to do trust me ..bring the sour :sasmokin:

So I’ve heard good things about this rainbow belts (From none other than the Chunky Pig 🐷 :)) you guys can post pictures if you want
Chaco is off doing the lumberjack thing at Gman's now, just made me laugh when I read about your top shelf tree trimmers... give a chainsaw to the lady that cuts yur buds and turn her loose, lol. I gotta come visit soon before I get caught up in the season. how much flower do you run in a batch of your BHO? gotta see how you like some of my outs turned to wax... I had some rosin pressed that looked really nice.

I got a bit caught up in all that Rainbow beltz hype, I admit it. my homie had 9 phenos that were all gobbled up by custies but in the end none were as good as Runtz or Mac1 or Wedding Cake. terps were in the same ballpark as Runtz mostly, certainly some keeper phenos to be found but none were saved from those beltz. they were the 2.0 batch.

The best "new" cookie I ran last year was the oldest, Cherry Pie, and that was the first plant I ran out of after harvest, killer buzz and flavor! mostly I reach for the Mac and cake and sometimes burn some forum cut or Runtz. I have an ocean of the Rainbow Beltz phenos that I never burn. never smoke the Lumpys fritter or the Morechata or the Choka Cola or the GMO Rootbeer either... always nice to try some new stuff but today most of the new cookies I try growing are not performing stellar here outside for me.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
@Treetroit City Never found it to be that labor intensive, especially compared to all the years of making bubble, that was and is a chore. Hell, the days it takes to make bho seems like more work to me. Do you guys tumble your material before squishing? Or are you pressing flower? Shit, back when I was asking that much, I was pressing it with a curling iron. Wasnt any presses around then. First one I used was one HeadyBlunts made.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Afternoon all.
Trimmers will be finishing up the fresh to freezer Rainbow Belts today and then back to dry trimming.
Should end up with about 13,600 grams in the freezer from six plants for an average of 2260 give or take. Pretty much spot on for a lb a piece dry equivalent.
Now if I can get that into rosin at a measly 2-3% I’d have around 270-400 grams of which the producer will buy back at $32.50 per.
So around 9-13 for six plants. I’ll take it.
That seems like a great system, the belts will probably be a hit in the live rosin market.
does the wet trimming cost more or less than having the same bud trimmed dry?

im not a hash smoker but the live resin I smoked last year was really tasty shit.

madalasatori

Veteran
Isn’t rainbow belts dosidos x skittlez? I grew this cross from the plug seedbank, people who tried it loved it , said it was very special . Good flavour

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
@Treetroit City Never found it to be that labor intensive, especially compared to all the years of making bubble, that was and is a chore. Hell, the days it takes to make bho seems like more work to me. Do you guys tumble your material before squishing? Or are you pressing flower? Shit, back when I was asking that much, I was pressing it with a curling iron. Wasnt any presses around then. First one I used was one HeadyBlunts made.
Do people still press flower?
This is from bubble hash.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
That seems like a great system, the belts will probably be a hit in the live rosin market.
does the wet trimming cost more or less than having the same bud trimmed dry?

im not a hash smoker but the live resin I smoked last year was really tasty shit.
I would say less for the fresh trim cause I just pay $20 an hour where as at $.33 per gram dry they are making more hourly.
But it may take them longer to do wet so I really haven’t done the math.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
And since chunky is here how bout a pic of the ogkb 2.0?

7DAEEA1F-C523-4603-865C-4C117950B849.jpeg

RoostaPhish

Veteran
@Treetroit City I dont know what people still do, obviously, because I'm surprised by the prices y'all get still. I make most of mine from bubble as well. Which definitely makes it more labor intensive, but I like to smoke bubble anyways. I was always happy with what was made after tumbling or using dry ice. I'm happy y'all still get those prices.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Ooof, I'm a bit of a tree hugger so its hard to see. But, we have always heated with wood around these parts, so to me it is also a waste of fire wood. Trust me, you can both love trees and burn them. Hell, I guess we all do that around here don't we...

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ooof, I'm a bit of a tree hugger so its hard to see. But, we have always heated with wood around these parts, so to me it is also a waste of fire wood. Trust me, you can both love trees and burn them. Hell, I guess we all do that around here don't we...
Not necessarily a waste of firewood and a lot of debris to remove so the burning was part of the price of the job remember this is red pine completely unsuitable for burning inside in any way shape or form..Also they were bad specimens

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All the ash on the property is diseased so that’s only a value as Wood stove fuel there’s a endless supply of decent ash firewood on the property on 43 acres but it’s densely covered completely overgrown over the decades..other the species as well anything typically found in the Northeast Woodlands and overgrown pastures..The most densely packed is of white pine some of them are quite large

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Not necessarily a waste of firewood and a lot of debris to remove so the burning was part of the price of the job remember this is red pine completely unsuitable for burning inside in any way shape or form..Also they were bad specimens
If the chunks blacken but don't really burn, they will be hard to get burning later. They seem to kinda crystalize. Some will be biochar. The ground that is getting the ash nutrients will green up nicely, so moving the pile to another spot and starting another burn pile will give you a place of green where the pile was, maybe for a garden?

Latest posts

Latest posts