What's new

Stanley Blower Fan Mod

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
depends on your setup marley1 but i would put money that it physically can be done. one of mine is cooling two 400s and blowing through a 30lb filter in the attic, in deep flower im noid but cant smell anything. idk, i had about a 10-12lb filter up there and you could smell it late. odor is the worste thing man, id be safe.

Hey all i was walking trough lowes over the weekend and i bumped into the UTILITECH brand blowers 40% off cause the season is over get em' while you can $25-$26 bucks cant go wronge. :headbange

Single Side

Single Side

Just wanted to say thanks for the info here. Just finished hooking up my duct and doing the single side mod, and hope to have it up and running in my closet soon.

salgjkhaf

i've read this thread from start to finish and i'm definately doing this. but i will say to all, read the damn thread!!! stop asking questions that have been asked like 10 times previously. dont be a lazy stoner :muahaha:

iriebowl

just got a stanley blower and mocked up a cardboard vent to a 4 inch duct. gonna try it out in a few hours when my lights go on.

great tut and info

G

i started this fan on og when i first started growing and was new at growing and had no money.i used it in a home made dresser set up.my name on og was DR organic.and started under bog and other well known growers like tic and some that just left after og and never heard from them again .

InjectTruth

The Dopest said:
*UPDATED MOD* FAN PULLS FROM ONE SIDE NOW

i drilled four 1" holes in the center divider and taped up the motor side vent. the fan has been running for a couple weeks like this no problems. The Dopest certified mod.

Could you illustrate/explain this a little better? Im not quite sure what you mean by drilling four holes in the center divider?

E

eLiguL

InjectTruth said:
Could you illustrate/explain this a little better? Im not quite sure what you mean by drilling four holes in the center divider?

Make that two people who want to know.

But from the looks of it, that piece he drilled into sections off the fan into "two seperate" blowers. This would mean that there is another intake on the opposite side.

InjectTruth

Ah, that clears it up! There is a divider in the fan itself, dividing the spinning barrel into two distinct chambers. This is why someone mentioned that merely taping the vent will cut the fan's power in half. By allowing air through the 4 holes and taping the vent, you direct all the fan's power to the one intake, without lowering overall power.

No further explanation needed!

Pink

eLiguL said:
Make that two people who want to know.

But from the looks of it, that piece he drilled into sections off the fan into "two seperate" blowers. This would mean that there is another intake on the opposite side.

Yes...drill holes and then tape up the other intake. I have two of these going for over a year.

G

over time it slows down it gets weeker. i have had mine 2 years
and i use it on my veg cab.i use it to move the fresh air around.
you may have to replace it over time but thay do the trick for a
cheap fix Alternative .

rastagrass

register for exhaust on stanley blower

register for exhaust on stanley blower

what size register should i get to put on the exhaust for my stanley blower? and could someone tell me the best/most effecient way to mount it to the exhaust of my blower any help would be greatly appreciated.

G

I got a stanley too! I will just silicone a 6" duct onto the intake side. Seems to be the easiest.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
The best feature of the Stanley Blower is that it is very versatile. You can use it as a room fan, or a light fan, or an extension cord (extra sockets), etc. You can be very creative with it. For the price, durability and flexibility, I dont think any growroom should be without one!

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
nice to see this thread still rocking... A+... I was at mullet mart last night and saw the shelves packed at least 8 of them... peace..

sack