What's new

SSSDH S1 x Sour Bubble F1

Acotaco

hell yea man. the sours i used to grow in ny had huge swelling calyxs i loved that plant and the way the buds crushed up like styrofoam or something loved it!!:tiphat:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Liking what I see, Tony and I'm an auto aficionado!! Indeed, intend to run some of yours one day soon!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
These sssdh x sb will get an open pollination run I'm hoping this summer and put out some F3s for people to dig through.

This line I am going to keep variable because it has so many bad ass phenos across the board. Keep it available as a line and not bottleneck it into a pheno or two. I will do intersex testing as usual so it wont quite be an open pollination.

I will probably do some selections long term and make some different families out of this line with specific plants. Steroid haze was worthy in her own right, stacker has a lot of potential too.

The haze taste came through in several variations so far. Some straight hazy, churchy, a lil sour lemon haze, haze on the sweet bubble.

When I pop em this summer I will update this thread again. I'll have a few sssdh going, the sssdhxsb f2s and I also dropped some GB F2 male pollen on a cut so ill throw a few of those in a line for evaluations. I'll do em in rows so I can evaluate the group. The GB outcross is basically for progeny evaluation.

What I wanted to do originally is get that sour diesel haze profile on a 8-9 weeker sour bubble genotype with the addition of the huge calyx trait and branching imrovement.
I am sure I will reach that goal and some real exciting stuff coming out of here besides that!

rykus

I like the sound of that plan!

Also loving the colour on these and the sour dub that led me here, really cool looking flowers and if the terpenes and effect are as renowned as people are saying, I'm definitely interested in trying a few!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
in plans for the next rotation of work guys. Sorry I work slow, but it will be worth it.

Tynehead Tom

just read thru this whole thread. Damn!!
What background do you think brings the giant calyx trait ? I have the same thing going on with my Black Tuna , but I've seen it before in the past. maybe a "hybrid vigor" thing versus a genetics thing? Facinating though and sure makes for exceptional bud shots, which this thread is loaded with! :D
My tunas started busting the giant calyxes exploding with clumps of pistils, immediately following the addition of 1/4tspn per gallon of koolbloom to my lucas formula in week 5.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
just read thru this whole thread. Damn!!
What background do you think brings the giant calyx trait ? I have the same thing going on with my Black Tuna , but I've seen it before in the past. maybe a "hybrid vigor" thing versus a genetics thing? Facinating though and sure makes for exceptional bud shots, which this thread is loaded with! :D
My tunas started busting the giant calyxes exploding with clumps of pistils, immediately following the addition of 1/4tspn per gallon of koolbloom to my lucas formula in week 5.

Gota be from the Sour D as far as I can tell, I love that trait!

The high is like a soaring quick head change but as you continue smoking you just get quiet... They F1 could have ran longer, more like 10 weeks.
Its like a real good hybrid high with the sat influence coming on hard at first and the extra terpenes worked great for my back spasms and pain with the deep sour bubble back end.

Glad there is some interest still! The GB BX3 will be done after awhile then I'll be back to these for sure. I want to clear out everything else so i can pop a lot of em and not worry about space.

hicksticky

Still at large...
:bump::bump: ...... looking great.... love those fat calyx's!
Any news on these!?.... I kno shit is getting busy.
Thinking on dropping some SSSDH F2 here soon.... if ya ever need a hand, I got some room for ya..:plant grow:

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yo hick redoing this cuz the f1s are sick. A little deeper inbred this time. sssdh s2 x gorilla bubble bx3. 4-20-17!

Been too long! I also popped my last 4 f1s of the original. If it works out will also be sssdh s1 bx1. Stay tuned!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got a few of these F1's left, lookin for a male to bx to the sssdh, hopefully keep the flowering time down.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran

sssdh s1 cut pollinated with F1 pollen for a back cross. Few beans for lookin through.

Also on the left a few more F1 females for a few more F2's to add to the collection for looking through.

Sorry still not ready for release but when they do theyll be nice.

Dog Star

Veteran
Wanted to ask you Tony how is a smoke of that cross,more couchlocky??

Smoked those Ojd cut of SSSDH and i loved how she hits,good combo of head and body..

Regards

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not real couch lock because but has a nice deep body on her on inhale but the soaring high on the top end keeps you feeling good and creative. You will want to smoke more before you take a nap later on ha.

To me most of them smoked like similar to the sssdh s1 mom I got like you say good combo head and body but the sour bubble makes it more intense feelings of depth to it all and an even richer sense of balance. A kushy hazy feeling of both ha.
Some phenos are straight trance like tho and can get how you describe, if i find some nice thcv african to mix in there maybe we got a killer trifecta lol

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Sweet!, I just re-read through this thread!

Tony the man gifted me a few of his SSSDH x SB bx1 and I threw one in a cup of water!, hoping for a nice female!

Thanks again Tony!

Buckeyebandit

Looks like I need to stay tuned to this one. I just dropped last three beans of GLH and hope for a female. Critters got the others going outdoors. The remaining ones will be indoor

Latest posts

Latest posts