What's new

SR71 Strainguide and Clones

Status
Not open for further replies.
EC

EC

It is my understanding that when discussing EC no conversion factor is needed making EC the most valuable measurement of nutrient concentration. The conversion factor is needed only when trying to correlate PPM measurements.
Vik

PK

PK

terran2 said:
Have had some problems dialing in the PK recently though really haven't spent that much time paying as close attention to them since growing out 16 in 5gal 3mos ago (and they turned out terrific ). Try to keep her going but have seen this tendency ately after that 1rst great round for mine to sometimes get this "crinkling" look in the leaves as they get more advanced into 12/12 . Maybe something to do with my tendency to water them too much ...or my medium /nute approach but was wondering if anyone else has noticed this crinkling leaf syndrome happening with their PK's ?

*I had some PK moms that got pretty advanced and looked great but after some longer time in the pots they both got into this crazy crinkled leaf state and had to just toss them . Mothering plants is not really my forte and would love to learn more of the nuances of longer term maintenance of healthy mother plants .

tia

t2
I think our experiences are the same. I was growing the PK in two gallon containers and was running the nutes unusually light but still got curly leaves. I had to keep resisting the urge to bump up the concentration and still flushed them at least weekly. I found that more than any other strain I have run in coco PK definitely benefited from the "less is more" viewpoint.

drymouth

Well I was under the impression that we needed to ad the factor as all are meters are all different and what your ec your posting could very well be the same ec or close to the same ec I’m running but since are meters could be on different factor numbers we could be disagreeing when in fact where pretty close if not the same... That’s why most of us have problems figuring out each others plant troubles when reporting ec values. I don't know...that’s just what I’ve read I could be wrong.

EC vs. PPM

EC vs. PPM

No, thats what I was trying to say. EC is universal and is used with a conversion factor (either 500 or 700) to calculate PPM. If your meter read out is in PPM then we would have to determine which factor it is using. But if the reading is an EC reading then they transfer straight across.
For example: the reading my truncheon gives on my current nutrient solution is 1.2. 1.2X500=600PPM or
1.2X700=840 PPM.

Maybe someone can confirm this for me?

This site can
http://www.octiva.net/projects/ppm/
Vik

Last edited:

drymouth

Hey Vik, you know what.. every time i multiply my ppm/ec to try to get my conversion factor as read in previous threads, my value is always comming out to number thats always starting with the number 7 or 73 so i'm guessing this is not a coincidence?

T

terran2

EC ....

EC ....

If you check on the side label of GH the PPM values are given right there for 1, 2 , & 3 tsps per /gal . After checking a test gal with truncheon on .5 conversion they came in right on target ....

Running 1.4ec approx now & cooling them down after pumping them up to 2.2 for a bit into 12/12 (the HS can take higher nutes) ....using up last of the hugos and this is what i like to see is those nice juicy healthy roots flying thru the mat & down the channel ;o)

* trying 1min "mini floods" interspersed with the regular waterings , to keep those roots beneath moistened too....am doing E&F with top hand watering occasionally (when flushing use waterwand from top). Will migrate over to top drip soon though prolly.

This latest round is the healthiest i've done to date with r/w hugos , kept them smaller , topped & pruned well and vegged agressively and not afraid to go as high as 2.2ec with a combo of FN Veg & Bloom at 25%-75% ratio plus cal/mag...then a good flush 2wks or so in and over to bloom formula. The Veg side of the FN seems too high in Nitro so just mix it together with the Bloom side to achieve a milder "Veg" form. Also the Cal/Mag adds nitro as well so plants are looking completely green with less of the Veg formula side .

Will post pics later as they really start popping....some nice big stalks going on with these squat HS in hugos, the roots are really whiter than this pic shows & thriving :

hindukushxskunk1020smalnv9.jpg

* One "test" Romulan mother 2wks into 12/12 now ...this is one beefy beauty of a plant that branches out & grows well that some have pulled up to 4ozs each off of :

romulan016smallxm9.jpg

And test of some SSH as well

sshazeqm2.jpg

Last edited:
T

terran2

Well have a few of PKs to transplant today and this time will be very focussed with them this grow . Did them once before & did well giving them plenty of root space but was too busy to keep notes ...but think 1lb per lite should be doable at least and want to shoot for the purple this time .

Some nice shots of the SR71~PK (also pic of the month thread) over on Joes thread also some totally frosted Chem D & Casey Jones :

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=1394408&highlight=sr71#post1394408
11718cool_821.jpg

drymouth said:
Whussup' terran2 thanks for the comments i hope your pk's come together i think i'll be giving her a run on my next grow so i'll be watching yours.

Hey, In Vino Veritas!i think there about 1' to 2' tall and yeah the hut's are light proof the only thing there not is airtight they have passiv intakes that i have to shut when i run my co2 plus when you got air comming in via hurricain 600cfm fan you don't need them.

In one of the pic's you could see how the cannopy is at a slant thats cuzz the right side of the cannopy is, dyno-rock the other side is fossil rock they look alike feel alike, but as you can see the fossil rock is blowing the dyno-rock away
There all getting fed the same and they where all the same size, even in the same rockwell cube.... It has to be the medium? Oh yeah, what ec's are you guys runing the Hk's to and at what conversion( .7 or .5)?

Last edited:
Guys Any tips on pruning the tops of these PK. I've been bending the Big Fan Leaves down but, I'm tempted to lop of some of these big fan leaves off to let the undergrowth branches get more light and develop fully. Thanks in advance.

T

terran2

ViktorVaughn said:
I think our experiences are the same. I was growing the PK in two gallon containers and was running the nutes unusually light but still got curly leaves. I had to keep resisting the urge to bump up the concentration and still flushed them at least weekly. I found that more than any other strain I have run in coco PK definitely benefited from the "less is more" viewpoint.

yah , here's a pic of that curly "crinkled" thing going on . . had this problem with the PK mothers and thought it strain~specific but the same thing has creeped up on my Matanuska mom now , so something i must be doing .

Have to admit since using coco /pelite often tend to over water alot & this crinkled leaf my be just a case of that ...seems it could be just overwatering which is a classic & basic "don't do" with most plants . Perlite/coco mixes seeem to be able to stand more watering/feedings but does stay pretty soggy on the bottom. Lately i have switched to a more water retentive medium to minimize water/fert needs ....and that might be the problem too. Its always a test ....life is experimental <g

no problem with the HS looking like this but whatever it is or causing it i sure hope to figure it out ....maybe something specific to my mothering technique & maybe overwhatering . Nute run off is just around 1.6ec so strength isn't too high .

hindukushxskunk1026smalbj1.jpg

Last edited:
T

terran2

powdery mildew

powdery mildew

experimental non toxic control as well as some others from Colo State article
http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/garden/02902.html:

An alternative nontoxic control for powdery mildew is baking soda (similar to the potassium bicarbonate listed above) combined with a lightweight horticultural oil (Sunspray). Researchers at Cornell University have discovered the fungicidal properties of this combination against powdery mildew on roses. Applications of 1 tablespoon baking soda plus 2.5 tablespoons of Sunspray oil in 1 gallon of water are still experimental. Use it at your own risk.

I just did the stupidest thing. I accidently flowered my PK mothers because the settings on the timer were wrong. I was thinking of revegging them but I hear the plants will never be the same. I just moved them into the flower room. Now I will have to buy some new mothers, sh**. My mothers were not doing too great anyway.

20kw dreams

terran2 said:
experimental non toxic control as well as some others from Colo State article
http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/garden/02902.html:

An alternative nontoxic control for powdery mildew is baking soda (similar to the potassium bicarbonate listed above) combined with a lightweight horticultural oil (Sunspray). Researchers at Cornell University have discovered the fungicidal properties of this combination against powdery mildew on roses. Applications of 1 tablespoon baking soda plus 2.5 tablespoons of Sunspray oil in 1 gallon of water are still experimental. Use it at your own risk.

I know high pH solutions kill powdery mildew, and that mixture would do the same. I wouldn't **** around with Sodium though. Try using Potassium Bicarbonate(ph up), or even potassium silicate. I have used Hydrogaurd (Botanicare; Bacillus Subtillus aka beneficial bacteria) at full strength on a plant coated with PM, and it was gone the next night, never to return, with no ill side effects whatsoever. I have given that secret to others which have had the same positive results. That is the solution I would prescribe for PM.

Reveg those bitches Billowingbud, they will eventually revert and be completely norml.

opt1c

Veteran
keep them in veg so you can tackle that pm problem before flower... zone and penetrator work too for killing pm... they are both made by dutch master.

I

In Vino Veritas

20kw dreams said:
I have used Hydrogaurd (Botanicare; Bacillus Subtillus aka beneficial bacteria) at full strength on a plant coated with PM, and it was gone the next night, never to return, with no ill side effects whatsoever.

"im'a put it in mah pocket.."

drymouth

Maaan..... i'm having a problem with 3 of my Hk's. there like, yellowing up but whuts weird is that there all on the same table being fed all the same nute strength with the same res all on dripers . All the rest of the plants look good?
Man... no more Lucas 8ml. gal for me.

drymouth

You guys think i should flush the res and start all over? But i will be sacrificing the other healthy plants... What the hell should i do?

20kw dreams

what's the problem? Yellowing? Why not just bump them up a bit, maybe foliar with some veg fert, or jack the N for a week?

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Check your drippers. If you're using emitters, just pull'em off. straight 1/16" spaghetti lines rock it. Never clog unless you aren't using an inline filter.

also, and i pray this isn't it: botrytis. I've read about cases where early manifestations of botrytis infection are unusual yellowing or mottling and you won't find out it's botrytis until you've got her cut and hanging on the line.

Good Luck either way!

Peace, Love & Coco

Status
Not open for further replies.