What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Split from : The Complete guide to Sick Plants,pH, and Pest troubles!

worrygrower

Sick plant suddently

Sick plant suddently

hey guys,
first time grower seedlings are just reaching two weeks. up to this point had no problems green leaves point up plant one has 6 plant two has 4. in soil mix, light schedule 18/6 cfl's fan in tact... when i woke up today the one plant went limp and is laying on the soil and the other one the stem is bowing down to the soil getting ready to topple over.. I fear it could be over watering or damping off. how do i diagnosis my plant and ways to get them back to health. Any thing helps, i don't know what went wrong?!?

Hi fellow growers,

unfortunatly my plants suffer from what I see. I do not know what exactly it is, my guestimate goes to a pH problem and/or some N def. Please, can you help me and my babies?

How long has this problem been going on? on the Shivas since they were maybe 2 or 3 days old, on some of the Earlys between 10 and 1 or 2 days
What STRAIN are you growing? Sensi Early Skunk and Sensi Shiva Skunk
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?) seed
What is the age of your plants? 12-18 days
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now? Between 2 and 7 days
Were they in the same mixture when they were seedlings/smaller plant? If not, what mixture were they in before? Yes
How Tall are the plants? between 1.5 and 5"
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? seedling to veg
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot) 1 Liter, 1 plant per pot
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?) Tomatoe soil, since ive thrown the package away I cannot say more. I think it was 210 mg/ml N, 120 mg/ml P, 180 mg/ml K, 210 mg/ml Mg and a pH of around 5,6. It has some perlite in it.

What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"? I did not measure since soil is still moist
What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen? Urine pH strips
How often are you watering? Every now and then, when the soil has dried out
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding? Since I put seeds to germinate max. 3 weeks are gone - so I did not feed only potted them to good tomatoe soil 2-7 days ago
What size bulb are you using? 2 x Osram Dulux PL-L 40 Watts, 830K and 865K
How old is your bulbs? 15 days
What is the distance to the canopy? Between 3 and half of an inch
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range) My educated guess is in between 72 - 81°F
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? Since I am only vegging for outdoors I don't use intake. I open the door always when I am home so the heat can escape
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? yes
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist? mostly moist - when soil is roughly dried I give tap-water until one or another drops come out the bottom holes
Is your water HARD or SOFT? Hard
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? Tap
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap?(Only if you have a tds pen) 320 ppm/18° German hardness - tap water pH is in between 7.0-7.6
Are you using water from a water softener? No
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched? No
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when? No
Are plant's infected with pest's? No

My idea was that they have pH-issues. I now let them dry completly (which I didn't do before) and mix my tap-water with distilled water for a pH of around 6.2 and a small amount of nutrients (~10-20% of recommendation), plus I foliar feed them this solution on a daily basis.

Since I posted, symptoms didn't worsen, actually my babies do better and better, but still, all the shiva Skunks grow some stunted, whirled or curled leafs. I really don't understand where this comes from. If anybody wants to share experiance and knowledge about this he'd be more than welcome.

Dadde

PH SHOCK? TEMP SHOCK?

PH SHOCK? TEMP SHOCK?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HYDROPONICS

How long has this problem been going on? 5 DAYS
Are you growing in a PVC grow tent? CLOSET (2.36x1.00x0.60)
What system are you running? DWC
What STRAIN are you growing? DON' REMEMBER THE NAME. SATIVE 60% . MIX WITH THAY COLOMBIAN AND ANOTHER ONE. AKG OR SIMILAR, SORRY DON'T REMEMBER. IN THE SAME SISTEM THERE ARE 2 SUPER SKUNK IN GOOD CONDICTION ( EVERY PLANT HAVE A TANK)
What was the establishing technique? SEED
What is the age of your plants? 23 DAYS FROM SEEDLING
How long have they been in there mixture they are in now? 17 DAY THEY HAVE ROOT IN WATER.
How tall are the plants? 13 CM
What PHASE are the plants in? VEGETATIVE
What substrate/medium are you using? ROOT RIOT + HYDROTONE
What is the Water temperature? DONT KNOW
What color are your roots? WHITE
What Nutrient's are you using? ADVANCED NUTRIENT
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? 10 LT WATER - 3 ML EACH ONE (MICRO - GROW - BLOOM)
What order are you mixing your nutrients? MICRO, GROW, BLOOM, VOODOO JUICE, PH DOWN, ATA
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using? 0.5
What is the pH of the "Tank"? MOST OF TIME BEETWEEN 5.7 - 6.0
How often are you testing your pH/PPM/EC/TDS? 2 TIME DAY
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equipment? YES, CECK IT WITH CALIBRATION SOLUTION
What is your water temps? DONT KNOW
When was your last feeding change? 2DAYS
How often do you clean your system: 7DAYS
What size bulb are you using? 250 MH WITH COOL TUBE
How old is the bulbs you are using? ONLY ONE CICLE
What is the distance to the canopy? 30 CM
What is your RH Factor(Relative Humidity)? 60/70
What is the canopy temperature? 27°C
What is the Day/Night Temp? 20 MIN - 30 MAX
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? INTAKE PASSIVE, BI TURBO 12,5CM 250 M3/H CONNECTED TO COOL TUBE, ALWAYS ON AT MIDDLE POWER
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Is the fan blowing directly at plants? NO
Is your water HARD or SOFT? HARD
What water are you using? TAP WATER 24 H DECANTED
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap? 0.3
Are you using water from a water softener? NO
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched NO
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When? NO
Are plant's infected with pest's NO

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hello Dear, maybe that's what you intendeve when it is said that the devil makes pots but not the lids.

In short the seedling showed signs of sagging in the morning, the pH was slightly higher end (6.5) and cause I was in hurry i lowered eye ... sin has taken ph bloom and no ph grow (the difference in potential lowering of pH between 2 is egregious).

ln the evening i ceck ph and it was 2.5 -_-

Change water with osmotic with ph 5.7, rooting, ata and many prayers.

Now the plugs have a nice letter over it. B & G -_-

(the grow consists of a Hydroponic sistem, 250 MH 18/6 with Cooltube, humidity 70%, Aspirations, passive entry, fan, hard ph water to pH 5.7, bubbles, no ferts).

After 1 day the situation is not change ( the 2° photo). now i try to irrigate the root riot. hope some change in the afternoon.

Some Advice?

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Kinetic

I went about reading the guide and when I looked at the pictures I thought, "Wow, that looks very familiar." Then I started to realize that the images were all from a book I had purchased a while back called "Marijuana Garden Saver: Handbook for healthy plants." Authored by J.C. Stitch. Haha. I just want to say thank you for your book and guide, they have helped me immensely. I'm thrilled to find you here on icmag. Happy growing!

inbetween

Hi guys,

Not sure this is the right place to post for pest ID-ing, but maybe someone around here have see this before roaming around on their plants ..

thought it could be an adult thrip, but got my doubts somehow..

Cheers and happy grows all :ying:

Help with my plants

Help with my plants

Good afternoon all, i need some help with my plants please. Thank you very much in advance.

SOIL:

How long has this problem been going on? I think 3 weeks now.

What STRAIN are you growing? Female seed from Sensi seeds northern lights.

What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?) clones, the mother (started from seed seems good).

What is the age of your plants? I would say less then 6 months age.

How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now? 1-2 months

Were they in the same mixture when they were seedlings/smaller plant? If not, what mixture were they in before? They are on biobizz all mix soil.

How Tall are the plants? 15-30 cm

What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? Vegetative

What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot) 25 liter square pots, 1 plant per pot.

What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?) Biobizz all mix

What brand Nutrient's are you using? Dried Worm humus, and some liquid algae generic brand.

How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*
How often are you feeding? The humus i used in soil when i was putting the soil in the pots, and used probably 2 times the algae one. Ive beeing using a very low dose like 1ml to 1 liter.

What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen? No

How often are you watering? Every other day

When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding? Last friday ive used 300ml per pot with water only, and yesterday ive sprayed them with a low dose of cal-mag.

What size bulb are you using? Leds, in screw led bulbs, and used a 100w Cob lights.

How old is your bulbs? New ones.

What is the distance to the canopy? 30-50 cm

What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity) 30-70

What is the canopy temperature? 21-27

What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range) 5 degrees some times a little more.

What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? Only small air vents.

Is the fan blowing directly at plants? Yes.

Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist? Moist

Is your water HARD or SOFT? Hard i guess.

What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? I tent to use a mix of tap and bottled water.

Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when? No.

Are plant's infected with pest's? I see quite a lot of small bits in the leafts, and ivr beejng killing a few small flys seem like fruit flys.

Im not sure if it is a lot of water that i was using or high dose of any mineral or i hope not light burn... Please help. Kind regards :tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_20190621_094623.jpg
    IMG_20190621_094623.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20190621_094734.jpg
    IMG_20190621_094734.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 74
Really don't understand what I'm doing wrong

Really don't understand what I'm doing wrong

Hi all, yes I think I was over watering... Probably heat stress also... Should I start using Cal mag? I really don't know what to do... I've read that probably the best option would be adding more new soil... What if I change the light schedule to 12*12 ? Would they recover and produce some flower? Or should I stay a few weeks on veg to allow them to recover? ... Please help, kind regards all

Attachments

• IMG_20190712_160236.jpg
    IMG_20190712_160236.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 74
M

Mr.Boland

hi share the pain i wouldnt flower a sick plant.get her back to health and then think about flowering. i would reduce your heat let them dry out a bit maybe top them and veg a bit more

Bobthebilder

Pleas help plants have saggy branches that are very weak and brittle. They where cloned off a 6 month old mom that was started from seed. I grow in coco perlite mix 70% 30% . feed ro water with H&G nutrients. Room temp sitting at 75 humidity60 co2 1100. sorry if any thing is forgotten fist time posting.

Attachments

• 20210916_161513.jpg
    20210916_161513.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 20210916_161148.jpg
    20210916_161148.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 62

Slim Pickens

Veteran
I have a question about maintaining ph. I use tap water.I fill gallon jugs with tap water,let it sit for 3 days minimum. The ph after sitting for 3 days is 7.6. I add 6 drops of GH ph down and is shows 6.6 on my ph tester. The next day the ph will have risen to 7.5. Anyone else experience this?

I had 1 gal I just tested that only rose to 7.1.

Local water district uses chlorine,not chloromine.

Anyone experience this? Maybe I should drop the GH buffer and go with AN ph down?

Drakkainen

Is this Fe deficits? Need to confirm…

Attachments

• 86BFA945-73A8-4056-BC50-3E276761CE53.jpeg
    86BFA945-73A8-4056-BC50-3E276761CE53.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 71
  • EEEA263D-BC3D-4862-857A-4044258FB4DF.jpeg
    EEEA263D-BC3D-4862-857A-4044258FB4DF.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 02C2B335-2879-4DEB-AB59-37E8E999943A.jpeg
    02C2B335-2879-4DEB-AB59-37E8E999943A.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 67
  • D3575686-3082-41FE-9470-73FB50785C1F.jpeg
    D3575686-3082-41FE-9470-73FB50785C1F.jpeg
    64.9 KB · Views: 65

methias

Hi all,
Its been a while.
I recently switched to Hydro. 2 Gallon buckets with air stone and air pump. I put the ladies in 8" baskets and small clay beads.
All was going great until 3 days ago when I saw my cheese was not drinking her usual 2 quarts a day. My VOG which is the same age and 2 feet over to the right is doing great. Both girls are treated the same but the cheese is drooping and needs something.
I filled out the questions below.

help please.

HYDROPONICS/Aero Ponics/Coco/Soiless/

How long has this problem been going on? 3 Days
Are you growing in a PVC grow tent? (example: Hydrohut or any other non brand tents) Same tent for years
What system are you running? (DWC? Ebb flow? Aero? Water Farm? Flood Tables? and so on…) Hydroponic in 2 gallon buckets with air pump and air stone running 24 / 7
What STRAIN are you growing? Cheese and VOG The VOG is fine but the cheese suddenly started drooping. Both get the same nutes but cheese stopped drinking 2 days ago
What is the age of your plants? Clones from mom. 60 + days
How long have they been in there mixture they are in now? 2 months. Buckets with 8 inch Basket with small clay beads
How tall are the plants? 20-24 inches
What PHASE are the plants in? (flower) 12/12 for one month
What Technique are you using? Tree
What substrate/medium are you using?(Hydroton, RockWool etc.) clay beads
What is the Water temperature? 75F +/- 2
What color are your roots? White? Brown? Are your roots slimy? Off white in cheese, white in VOG
What Nutrient's are you using?(If growing soiless) General hydroponics, FloraGro Flora Micro & Floral Bloom
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? I mix 3 gallons with 3 tsp FG, 6tsp FM & 9tsp FB I adjust the PH to 5.8.
How often are you feeding? (If using soiless) I top off the 2 gallon buckets daily and change out the water in the buckets every 2-3 weeks.
How often are you giving nutrients? (If using soiless) every top off
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients? 1 week prior to going 12/12. 33 days ago
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect) all was good till one month into flower
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using No meter
What is the pH of the “Tank"? Have not checked
How often are you testing your pH/PPM/EC/TDS? Not
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equipment? PH meter is good
When was your last watering? Daily
What is your water temps? 75 +/- 2 F
When was your last feeding change? (ie. grow-bloom-micro-additional) changed out buckets 1 week ago
How often do you clean your system: example: Flush out water replace with clean water and nutrients? 2 weeks give or take
What size bulb are you using? LEDs
How old is the bulbs you are using? 3 months
What is the distance to the canopy?8-10 inches
What is your RH Factor(Relative Humidity)?65%
What is the canopy temperature? 72.1F
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range) 68-79
What is the current Air Flow? 2 computer fans no idea CFM
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? Exhaust fan 24/7 but switches to low speed at temp when temp goes below 75 F
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? 2 computer fans yes
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? Tap
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap? No clue but never had issues when soil but
If using RO,Distilled,mineral water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS without any additives? No clue
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched no
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When? Sprayed during veg before transferring to flower tent as preventative measure over 5 weeks ago.
Are plant's infected with pest’s. No pests, no chems

Again 2 ladies in tent side by side You can see the healthy VOG off to the right doing great and drinking well.
drooping.jpg

a closer look at my cheese top.
droopingcloser.jpg

Thank you in advance for any assistance offered.
Stay safe kids.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Hi all,
Its been a while.
I recently switched to Hydro. 2 Gallon buckets with air stone and air pump. I put the ladies in 8" baskets and small clay beads.
All was going great until 3 days ago when I saw my cheese was not drinking her usual 2 quarts a day. My VOG which is the same age and 2 feet over to the right is doing great. Both girls are treated the same but the cheese is drooping and needs something.
I filled out the questions below.

help please.

HYDROPONICS/Aero Ponics/Coco/Soiless/

How long has this problem been going on? 3 Days
Are you growing in a PVC grow tent? (example: Hydrohut or any other non brand tents) Same tent for years
What system are you running? (DWC? Ebb flow? Aero? Water Farm? Flood Tables? and so on…) Hydroponic in 2 gallon buckets with air pump and air stone running 24 / 7
What STRAIN are you growing? Cheese and VOG The VOG is fine but the cheese suddenly started drooping. Both get the same nutes but cheese stopped drinking 2 days ago
What is the age of your plants? Clones from mom. 60 + days
How long have they been in there mixture they are in now? 2 months. Buckets with 8 inch Basket with small clay beads
How tall are the plants? 20-24 inches
What PHASE are the plants in? (flower) 12/12 for one month
What Technique are you using? Tree
What substrate/medium are you using?(Hydroton, RockWool etc.) clay beads
What color are your roots? White? Brown? Are your roots slimy? Off white in cheese, white in VOG
What Nutrient's are you using?(If growing soiless) General hydroponics, FloraGro Flora Micro & Floral Bloom
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? I mix 3 gallons with 3 tsp FG, 6tsp FM & 9tsp FB I adjust the PH to 5.8.
How often are you feeding? (If using soiless) I top off the 2 gallon buckets daily and change out the water in the buckets every 2-3 weeks.
How often are you giving nutrients? (If using soiless) every top off
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients? 1 week prior to going 12/12. 33 days ago
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect) all was good till one month into flower
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using No meter
What is the pH of the “Tank"? Have not checked
How often are you testing your pH/PPM/EC/TDS? Not
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equipment? PH meter is good
When was your last watering? Daily
What is your water temps? 75 +/- 2 F
When was your last feeding change? (ie. grow-bloom-micro-additional) changed out buckets 1 week ago
How often do you clean your system: example: Flush out water replace with clean water and nutrients? 2 weeks give or take
What size bulb are you using? LEDs
How old is the bulbs you are using? 3 months
What is the distance to the canopy?8-10 inches
What is your RH Factor(Relative Humidity)?65%
What is the canopy temperature? 72.1F
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range) 68-79
What is the current Air Flow? 2 computer fans no idea CFM
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? Exhaust fan 24/7 but switches to low speed at temp when temp goes below 75 F
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? 2 computer fans yes
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap? No clue but never had issues when soil but
If using RO,Distilled,mineral water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS without any additives? No clue
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched no
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When? Sprayed during veg before transferring to flower tent as preventative measure over 5 weeks ago.
Are plant's infected with pest’s. No pests, no chems

Again 2 ladies in tent side by side You can see the healthy VOG off to the right doing great and drinking well.
View attachment 18711867

a closer look at my cheese top.
View attachment 18711868

Thank you in advance for any assistance offered.
Stay safe kids.
Make sure the drip line is not clogged.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor

My guess is the high water temperature is your main problem. Ideally you want this in the mid-60s. Change your water immediately in the cheese and change it once a week from now on. I know that it's a pain - especially with bigger plants - but without chilled water, your roots will foul.

Week 4

Here's a riddle.

In soil (Happy Frog) and I always see this beginning at week 3 of flower and gets to this about week 5, this for the last couple of grows. Use dry amendments and earth worm castings and sometimes compost. Tap water. I use bacteria inoculants like Mammoth P and Recharge. I don't allow the pots to ever get completely dry and water about every 2nd to 3rd day. (10% pots volume of water)
PXL_20240108_015426621.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
YOu
Hi fellow growers,

unfortunatly my plants suffer from what I see. I do not know what exactly it is, my guestimate goes to a pH problem and/or some N def. Please, can you help me and my babies?

How long has this problem been going on? on the Shivas since they were maybe 2 or 3 days old, on some of the Earlys between 10 and 1 or 2 days
What STRAIN are you growing? Sensi Early Skunk and Sensi Shiva Skunk
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?) seed
What is the age of your plants? 12-18 days
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now? Between 2 and 7 days
Were they in the same mixture when they were seedlings/smaller plant? If not, what mixture were they in before? Yes
How Tall are the plants? between 1.5 and 5"
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? seedling to veg
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot) 1 Liter, 1 plant per pot
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?) Tomatoe soil, since ive thrown the package away I cannot say more. I think it was 210 mg/ml N, 120 mg/ml P, 180 mg/ml K, 210 mg/ml Mg and a pH of around 5,6. It has some perlite in it.

What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"? I did not measure since soil is still moist
What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen? Urine pH strips
How often are you watering? Every now and then, when the soil has dried out
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding? Since I put seeds to germinate max. 3 weeks are gone - so I did not feed only potted them to good tomatoe soil 2-7 days ago
What size bulb are you using? 2 x Osram Dulux PL-L 40 Watts, 830K and 865K
How old is your bulbs? 15 days
What is the distance to the canopy? Between 3 and half of an inch
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range) My educated guess is in between 72 - 81°F
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? Since I am only vegging for outdoors I don't use intake. I open the door always when I am home so the heat can escape
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? yes
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist? mostly moist - when soil is roughly dried I give tap-water until one or another drops come out the bottom holes
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap?(Only if you have a tds pen) 320 ppm/18° German hardness - tap water pH is in between 7.0-7.6
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched? No
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when? No
Are plant's infected with pest's? No

Your soil is too hot because of ecess salts release every time you water. Do a pour thru and catch some some of the water that drains out the bottom and test the EC and pH. If you don't have an EC and pH meter I would get them. Today Meters are cheap and anyone that grows should have them.