What's new

Split from : The Complete guide to Sick Plants,pH, and Pest troubles!

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Hi, there are a few problems I am seeing. First off 400 watt hps is overkill for these seedlings

2nd you should NEVER feed seedlings, those first sets of leaves and cotlydons are food storage for them.
They are stretching because the light is too far, you cant keep a 400 watt hps close enough for seedlings without bleaching or frying them from the light.

Use compact fluros and keep them a few inches away, this will stop the stretching.

Now another thing your saying you using jify peat pellets right>? Did you put the jiffy pellets in the soil you have now right?
That bottled water, what brand are you using, because your seedlings are suffering from micronutrient deficiency, sulphur,how long have those yellowed like this before or after you fed them?

How come you are not using tap water?
They are growing slow because the light is too far, all there energy is being used to stress closer to the light, + if your bottled water does not have enough micronutes your going to really slow the growth down.

You mAY HAVE to flush the plant out since you used nutrients...... then start using tap water and get some compact fluros,

Garrath

hi, i have only gave them nutrients for one watering only, other than that i have used the bottled water, and have been setting the ph at around 6.5 to 6.8. the reason i have used bottled water is that i lost my last set of seedlings and started over again with these ones, (the same thing happened to them too) so i decided to change everything, like, going to bottled instead of tap water, different soil, different seeds, etc. the main reason for changing to bottled water was because the last grow i tried i used tap water and it seemed that was white poweredy substance on top of the soil. the brand and type of water is 100% pure cumbrian natural mineral water and the brand name is (AQUA PURA). http://www.aqua-pura.com/.
after the seed heads came off and the cotlydons came out is when i put the jiffy pellets into the pots with the soil that you see in the pics.
they started turning yellow almost as soon as the first set of leaves came out within a few days and this was before i fed them.
i did use potting up granules whem i put the jiffy pellets into the soil. they are plant magic potting up granules. http://www.plant-magic.co.uk/products/granules.html
i have had very good success growing in the past, (i've probably done 10 crops prior) and never had a problem, i'm getting back into it after about a year and also never grown in this house before. as for the 400w hps light, thats what i have always used in the past with no problems, but i will take your advice on using fluros though. thankyou very much for your help.

Garrath

UPDATE
the tips of the leaves are starting to turn white and has worked itself about halfway to the middle of the leaf. where the white is on the leaf is almost see through. the're looking really bad!!!

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
picture.php
picture.php

Broad mites????

Here is what the rest of the garden looks like..

picture.php

kobodera

Hi
I have a problem with my plants
Its 5th time in a row whith this happenin. its happening only with coco, soil plant look good and helthy. I dont know what to do, im not getting anny harvest from 3 months. 2 days after transplanting rooted clones from jiffy peat pellet to coco plants are starting to yellow from the top of the plant, yellowing ocures first from inside and travels to the outer part of the leaf. It stars with new leafs

What STRAIN are you growing? WhteWidowxBigBud, OGkush, Lemon Skunk

What was the establishing technique? (seed or*clone?) clone

What is the age of your plants? 1week now

How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now? 1 week

Were they in the same mixture when they were seedlings/smaller plant? If not, what mixture were they in before? no, Jiffy Peat Pellets

How Tall are the plants? about 4-6 inches

What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? Veg

What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc) SOG

What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot) 2,5liter grow bags, one plant per bag

What substrate/medium are you using? 100% coco

What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?) some are in local coco brand and some inbio nova coco

What brand Nutrient's are you using? Canna

How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful* canna coco ec0.7, 4ml/l rizotonic, 2,5ml/l cannazym

How often are you feeding? Every time im watering

If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients?

What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect) A+B, than Rhizo, than Zyme

What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used? 0,7-1.0 EC

What is the*pH*of the "RUN-OFF"? dont know run off but i*ph*the nute solution at 5.8

How often are you testing*pH/ppm/EC/TDS? every day

What method of*pH*test was administered? Using Strips?*pH*pen?* ph*pen

How often are you watering? First i water well just before i transplant ten i dont water for 2 days ant then i water every other day for 5 days

When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding? 2days ago, i feed with every wateting

What size bulb are you using? 600w hps Son T Pia

How old is your bulbs? 6moths

What is the distance to the canopy? 3 to 4 feet

What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity)60% sometime droping to 30%

What is the canopy temperature? 25cWhat is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range) 25c all the time i veg on 24h regime

What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) dont know

Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? 2000m3 extraction 1000m3 intake running on a digital evolution fan controler. fans dont run below 25c

Is the ran blowing directly on plants. No

Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist? Top half is moist but i thing the botyom half is to wet

Is your water HARD or SOFT? Hard

What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? 50/50 osmosis water with tap wared runed thrue carbon filter to remove chlorine

If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap?(Only if you have a tds pen) 0.5 EC

If using RO,Distilled,mineral water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS without any additives?(Only if you have a tds pen) My RO is 0.0 ec, ater mixing i use 0.2-0.3ec

Are you using water from a water softener? no

Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched? No

Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when? No

Are plant's infected with pest's? no

kobodera

Sorry but i cant edit my post

I have succesful runs in coco before
Everything was going well im not novice
i have 4years experiance in growing
Coco, rockwool, soil and never see things like this happenig, im breaking my head about this.
Coco was flushed and than charged for to days with canna coco A+B 0.7 EC

Later on i will post some fotos

BloodyEyes

i need help

i dont know what strain
old they are 2 month 1 week old and so tinny so little i dont know why am going insane its my first grow ...

so wen i first got them they were germaneted
i transplanted them to the big bucket with homedepot vigoro soil and i water them 1 time a week and feed them Miricle grow 18 18 24 i did that for a month and i realize they never grew and they were getting little yellow ... light i got them with 6 cfl light 5000 kelving 1600 lumen each for blue spectrum and 1 cfl bulb of 2700kelving 1500lumen they are about 2-4 inch away from the plant .. the room temperature is always between 72f-82f depending on the day but a avrege temperature is 79f and 70 with light off is always like 8-10 degree lower .... that was how i had them ( 3 days ago i saw that the soil from homedepot was garbage so i went and got me some fox farm ocean forest soil and i added 25 percent of more miricle grow perlite for draining fast and aeratio) and when i transplanted them i poor 3/4 of JUST DISTALL WATER on each plant while on there new soil.) i dont seem to think it stop the yellow leaves and curling tip ... so pleace help me they are growing slow and turning yellow with rust/burn spots starting from the bottom to the top *now the new leaves that are starting to sprout look really grean ... i bought the fox farm grow big nute should i add or should i just water them since the soil from fox farm has nutes .. but i dont know if it contains nitrogen enough idont know i need help picture up

i always use distalled water to water them by the way no other kind of water ... the water that trains out by the bucket i tested it out as well is at 6.8-7.0ph IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

kobodera

Hey there good fellas

I didnt post the picture because i have found out what is happening with my grow, after months of struggle i found that my pvc floor lining was off gassing and killing my plants. I have removed that crap from my room but its not hte end of my problems, plants are still getting yellow like before, so i have very important question, is it possible for that toxic shit to get in other parts of my grow room like wooden floors, mdf board walls, my pvc danish trays, and other pvc parts of my room that i have before that happened and they warked good for me, like i said i have removed that toxic floor lining and and i have vented the room for 24hours constant but new clones i moved in the room 3 days ago are still getting yellow. Do i have to thash all my equipment and start with new one (i hope no because i cost me serious dollar) or it will fly away i some time (but how long it can take, i need some harvest asap). Hopelly some one have answare to my question.

Thanks

prx

I have a problem and do not know what's wrong with my plant :(

- Seeds Jack Herer -GHE
- Soil Compo Sama Unirvezal
- Fertilizer Atami Terra
- Water PH 6.8 ( water soft )
-PH checked regularly!
- Smart Pots
- 40 day vegetation

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

smokie bear

Hello all I come for help, I have read page after page of threads with several pictures but I can't find one that describes what is happening to my 7 1/2 week old plant's fan leaves. They begin to get the middle vein browns outward to the edge of the leaves but doesn't reach the ends, or brown spots will appear... I know these could be signs of Nute burn but I hadn't feed her in 3.5 weeks, as I switched her to flowering 12/12 week an half ago. I had a plant before that had TMV and displayed these same signs at first, but they all those leaves curled downward and yellowed out to white an died. But with plant it just gets some browning on one fan leave then moves to another but doesn't make the whole leaf brown either... So I don't know if its sick or confused or needs something? This will be my first time flowering I have had 2 other grows but first one died to over heating second one died due to TMV. I don't want a third dead... Thanks!
photo39jb.jpg
photo41y.jpg
photo40m.jpg

smokie bear

Hello all I come for help, I have read page after page of threads with several pictures but I can't find one that describes what is happening to my 7 1/2 week old plant's fan leaves. They begin to get the middle vein browns outward to the edge of the leaves but doesn't reach the ends, or brown spots will appear... I know these could be signs of Nute burn but I hadn't feed her in 3.5 weeks, as I switched her to flowering 12/12 week an half ago. I had a plant before that had TMV and displayed these same signs at first, but they all those leaves curled downward and yellowed out to white an died. But with plant it just gets some browning on one fan leave then moves to another but doesn't make the whole leaf brown either... So I don't know if its sick or confused or needs something? This will be my first time flowering I have had 2 other grows but first one died to over heating second one died due to TMV. I don't want a third dead... Thanks!

- Seeds Northern Lights x Texada Timewarp
- Soil Miricle Grow Mix
- Fertilizer 20/20/20
- Soft water
- 1 Gallon clear pot
- 6 weeks of veg from sprout
- 1.5 weeks of flowering so far

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
need more information can u take pictures off it without the hps light on? need more info o

SOIL:

How long has this problem been going on?
What STRAIN are you growing?
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?)
What is the age of your plants?
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now?
Were they in the same mixture when they were seedlings/smaller plant? If not, what mixture were they in before?
How Tall are the plants?
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?
What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc)
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot)
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?)
What brand Nutrient's are you using?
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*
How often are you feeding?
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients?
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect)
What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used?
What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"?
How often are you testing pH/ppm/EC/TDS?
What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen?
How often are you watering?
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding?
What size bulb are you using?
How old is your bulbs?
What is the distance to the canopy?
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity)
What is the canopy temperature?
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range)
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ?
Is the fan blowing directly at plants?
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist?
Is your water HARD or SOFT?
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water?
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap?(Only if you have a tds pen)
If using RO,Distilled,mineral water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS without any additives?(Only if you have a tds pen)
Are you using water from a water softener?
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched?
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when?
Are plant's infected with pest's?

RetroGrow

Veteran
View ImageView ImageView Image

What people think is TMV is usually broad mites. TMV won't kill your plants. Check the undersides of the leaves for eggs. You will need a 100X scope to see them, as they are microscopic. Your plants and description fit the symptoms of broad/cyclamen mites.
Cut off a couple of damaged leaves and put them under a scope. That's the only way to confirm.

xtrmstev

Stitch great job! I've been using your book for a few years...and just realized that I think J C Stitch are the same...? I would love to say as with most people, that we ride on the Learned knowlegde of Many others and hopfully add to it for the next one who needs some info. Thank Again Stitch Great Good!

Mr. Hand

Strange Problem

Strange Problem

I have 4 clones, Shit by mr. nice and they have all been treated the same. They are in coco and I'm feeding canna a & b at 1/2 strength to run off and ph is good. All conditions are good, but one plant began showing signs of nute burn about 10 days ago while all the others looked fine. Now, a second plant is beginning to look the same while the remaining two are fine. The one common factor in all four plants is that growth has really slowed down. Remember, all plants have been treated the alike. What is happening? Shouldn't they all be affected if all conditions are the same? The only difference is that the clones showing the problem are a couple of inches taller than the ones that show no problem. Please help if you can.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
xtrmstev: yes that is me, it's my initials and my handle name, because I did not want to use my name on the book.

Thanks for the kind comments I appreciate it :D

Mr hand,You have pictures of these guys?

Did the clones all come from the same plant?
There are a few factors that would cause it to do that, either A you mis counted in nutrients somewhere or accidently fed it 2 times more than others, clones were not from the same plant..... those are the only ones I could think of right off the top of the hand. Something triggered it to go like that, you got pictures? How often are you feeding these guys and what pH are they after you fed? collected run off?

What ppms are you using how old are these clones? how big are they?

HotbloodedBrent

Pest problem! Halp!

Pest problem! Halp!

The pest problem I recently acquired has been stressing me out! I've been using spray thinking that its aphids and I need help. I took a picture for the master growers eyes to help. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 49

Latest posts

Latest posts