What's new

Split from : The Complete guide to Sick Plants,pH, and Pest troubles!

SummerChill

Issues since 2-3 days

Issues since 2-3 days

Hi to all,

yeah my first post after almost 3 years of reading an testing. But after a long period of hydro growing I am went back to dirt for an organic grow, and I am a bit out of practice with this medium. Perhaps you could help me. Ask if something is missing. One plant is really wet now, since I've tested the run-off with her.
There are 6 strains involved:

* Kalichakra x Afgani F1 (own cross) 3 weeks old
* Kalichakra x Afgani F2 (own cross) 2 weeks old
* Sweet Purple (unknown) 3 weeks old
* Satori (Mandala) 1 week old
* Early Sativa (Earth seeds) 1 week old
* Dutch Haze (Dutch Passion) 3 weeks old

Only some of both generations of the KxA have issues.

SOIL:
How long has this problem been going on? Started 2 days ago
What STRAIN are you growing? Kalichakra x Afgani
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?) seed
What is the age of your plants? 3 Weeks
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now? One week
Were they in the same mixture when they were seedlings/smaller plant? If not, what mixture were they in before? seedling mix
How Tall are the plants? 15-30cm
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? vegetative
What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc) sog
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot) 1 subject per pot. 0.4L for germination, 1L for week 1, 2.5L for week 2, 11L for week 3-till end
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?) Composana Universal
What brand Nutrient's are you using? None yet
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? None yet, but I have "GH Flora 3 part", "Metrop", "Canna Terra" and "Hesi TNT" available. But would perfer organic growing that plants.
How often are you feeding? none yet
What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"? PH=6.3, EC=1.6
How often are you testing pH/ppm/EC/TDS? Every time I am watering
What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen? pH pen from Hanna 1 year old, calibrated today, was 7.1 PH with PH=7.01 calibration liquid, and 4.0 Ph with PH=4.01 calibration liquid
How often are you watering? 2-3 times a week for 1L and 2.5L pots, 1 time/week for the 11L pots. Only if the first 1cm substrate is really dry.
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding? none yet
What size bulb are you using? 400W MH
How old is your bulbs? 3 months
What is the distance to the canopy? 45 cm
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity) 55%
What is the canopy temperature? 24°C
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range) 24-25°C on day, ~20°C night
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? 500qm/h all the time out
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? blow between canopy and reflector upwards, 1m away on lowest speed
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist? No, I let the substrate dry out on the surface 1-2 cm deep
Is your water HARD or SOFT? light hard
What water are you using? tap
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap?(Only if you have a tds pen) PH=7.8, EC=0.37, I am using vinegar to adjust to PH=6.5, but I have also PH Down Grow and Bloom.
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched? no
Have any pest chemicals been used? no
Are plant's infected with pest's? no

Supporto

Hello,

can i get a permission to translate the entire article to German? For a German forum where we have many readers who speak no English. It would help many people ...:thank you::tiphat:

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
Hi to all,

yeah my first post after almost 3 years of reading an testing. But after a long period of hydro growing I am went back to dirt for an organic grow, and I am a bit out of practice with this medium. Perhaps you could help me. Ask if something is missing. One plant is really wet now, since I've tested the run-off with her.
There are 6 strains involved:

* Kalichakra x Afgani F1 (own cross) 3 weeks old
* Kalichakra x Afgani F2 (own cross) 2 weeks old
* Sweet Purple (unknown) 3 weeks old
* Satori (Mandala) 1 week old
* Early Sativa (Earth seeds) 1 week old
* Dutch Haze (Dutch Passion) 3 weeks old

Only some of both generations of the KxA have issues.

SOIL:
How long has this problem been going on? Started 2 days ago
What STRAIN are you growing? Kalichakra x Afgani
What is the age of your plants? 3 Weeks
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now? One week
Were they in the same mixture when they were seedlings/smaller plant? If not, what mixture were they in before? seedling mix
How Tall are the plants? 15-30cm
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? vegetative
What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc) sog
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot) 1 subject per pot. 0.4L for germination, 1L for week 1, 2.5L for week 2, 11L for week 3-till end
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?) Composana Universal
What brand Nutrient's are you using? None yet
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? None yet, but I have "GH Flora 3 part", "Metrop", "Canna Terra" and "Hesi TNT" available. But would perfer organic growing that plants.
How often are you feeding? none yet
What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"? PH=6.3, EC=1.6
How often are you testing pH/ppm/EC/TDS? Every time I am watering
What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen? pH pen from Hanna 1 year old, calibrated today, was 7.1 PH with PH=7.01 calibration liquid, and 4.0 Ph with PH=4.01 calibration liquid
How often are you watering? 2-3 times a week for 1L and 2.5L pots, 1 time/week for the 11L pots. Only if the first 1cm substrate is really dry.
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding? none yet
What size bulb are you using? 400W MH
How old is your bulbs? 3 months
What is the distance to the canopy? 45 cm
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity) 55%
What is the canopy temperature? 24°C
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range) 24-25°C on day, ~20°C night
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? 500qm/h all the time out
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? blow between canopy and reflector upwards, 1m away on lowest speed
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist? No, I let the substrate dry out on the surface 1-2 cm deep
Is your water HARD or SOFT? light hard
What water are you using? tap
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap?(Only if you have a tds pen) PH=7.8, EC=0.37, I am using vinegar to adjust to PH=6.5, but I have also PH Down Grow and Bloom.
Have any pest chemicals been used? no

too much nutes, locking out K and Ca...and possibly Mg....pants that small should be fed a bit less, i give 1.8EC to my 4 foot plants....

madcook

Hello

Anyone can help me with this bubblegum? She's about 2 weeks in flower getting half dose of canna bio boost and bio flores. It's starting in low leaf parts

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

thanks for any advice :thank you:

Someone will help diagnose the cause? Growing indoors, week on vegetative growth. 3 days ago spots started to appear on the leaves and slightly twisted leaves.Soil Universal for flowers and vegetables mixed with perlite, biohumus, bat guano and dolomite. More and more plants in boxing becomes ill in a similar way. Soil have good ph, water is also adjusted for the ph before watering. Ventilation is adequate, even is a power reserve. The only thing that worries me is the temperature between 34-36 degrees. But I can not do anything with this, because outside the window is 28-31 degrees. Thanks for your help.

picture.php

picture.php

davejohnson

Hello everyone...

these leaves started to show these lime green colors along with some yellowing a few days after flowering began.. trying to diagnose it it seems likely a Potassium deficiency.

Anyone recognize this particular sight?

NTW2W.jpg

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll try to help and give Joe a break....If the info is not copa with you Joe say the word and I'll remove the post...

mastervirus - Theres no problem with your seedling its the mix your using is a bit Hot for it is all...There could possibly a imbalance as well causing certain lockouts of either macro or micro causing both the Variegation(spots) and Deformations..
Some varieties need very little to nothing to get started and usually the more Sativa involved in the line the more sensitive they can be specially at seedling stages..Just water it till it mellows out and then start a feeding plan after it uses all that is in the mix to start..You say the soil has a good pH so if you use RO or pure Water the soil should stay balanced without having to pH the water as its pure enough to start...Don;t use Tap water unless you know your water supply very well..The mix looks rather rich so I'd also let it dry out a bit more before each watering to increase amount of air avail to roots between watering/feedings...hope that some help..

DaveJ...looks like she got a bad watering..Lower growth looks good to a point and the newest growth actually looks fine as well also to a point..So theres only that level that seems to be effected..Looks like it effected pH which caused some serious lockouts...But since the newest growth look ok than just don't do whatever happened last wk?..Theres a few symptoms that make it hard to diagnose as you have slight issue between the margins on lower fans as well..Then as you work up thru the plant it becomes more intense..Curling under or Clawing can be over watering or excess Nitrogen but they don't seem to have excess N to the degree to cause curling...So Im guesing the rootmass is heavy and water logged?..It could just be Ca lockout if you tried to fix it with to much CalMag?...Maybe Joe could do better helping but thats what Im seeing and hope its something that helps..gl

Im a avid trouble shooter with cannabis in my area..Not sure why but I just dig watching them get better and helping a lil life form recover..Its like a challenge even in almost every case as each can be so different...
Joe Fresh your a good person....for taking the time to help ppl...Well done and cheers to you!...:good:
FOE20

StealtGrower

Hey hippies,

Would you be able to give a quick advice on these below pics:

Strain is: Northern Lights #5 X Haze Feminised Seeds
Nutes: Basic Lucas formula 0-8-16 per gallon (except while they were seedlings - had some deficiency as started giving nutes a bit late)
Lightting: 250w HPS + 125w CFL 2700K

Plants are in total 5 weeks old growing in a hempy 75/25 perlite/coco

Sorry about the pics they are not the best quality...

1003552w.jpg

1003553q.jpg

1003554.jpg

rastaculture

hello guys (sorry for my bad english but is not my native language)
I have a problem with 1 of my plants, other plants are very good

strain: Maxigom grass o matic
biobizz light mix
nutes:biobizz - biogrow and biobloom 0.5ml x lt from this week ( now is growing 5 weeks from seed)
lamp: 250w hps agro

attachment.php

StealtGrower

looks like N or maybe trace deficiency.
how's your pH and your PPM?

If you replied to me:

My pH and PPM are unknown, but I'm going with a standard Lucas Formula + pH down some drops (like 45 drops per gallon, the water here is pH 7,8).

Today I gave them 2/3 of a gallon of nutrients solution before the overfill hole started to spill excess solution out...so maybe it was a general "dry season" problem...forgot to feed enough I guess, or it is a subconscious thing to keep the ladies...ehm...thin. I am a victim of the values of a modern western society.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Someone will help diagnose the cause? Growing indoors, week on vegetative growth. 3 days ago spots started to appear on the leaves and slightly twisted leaves.Soil Universal for flowers and vegetables mixed with perlite, biohumus, bat guano and dolomite. More and more plants in boxing becomes ill in a similar way. Soil have good ph, water is also adjusted for the ph before watering. Ventilation is adequate, even is a power reserve. The only thing that worries me is the temperature between 34-36 degrees. But I can not do anything with this, because outside the window is 28-31 degrees. Thanks for your help.

View Image

View Image

Sure looks like broad mite damage. Check undersides of leaves with a 100X scope to look for eggs/mites.

jm420

Veteran
hey stitch glad to see you around, i havnt seen you post in a bit ,but thanks to the guide i dontstop by often anymore LOL

Airnut

No help needed ,yet, thanks to pictures and good details in the description of the individual problems.

What i did this time to figure out the issue was to combine many of the data and in there i found the problem.
It is not easy to figure out when the cause of event to wierd looking plants is due to lack of shaking the micronutrient bottle before use.
They way i found out was the data indicatet is was a combined lack of metals, iron, mangan and such, all the heavy elements had simply dropped to the bottom of the bottle and was not present in the water upon feeding.
In hydroponic this is visual within 2-3 days, and when the problem is located and fixed its stil takes a 1-2day flush and 2-3 days of wait with the new solution holding every minerals the plant needs, before the plant shows sign of getting better.

But thanks, due to this magnificient guide one more grow has been saved from a cruel certain death.
Thanks to big data, thanks to you Mynamestitch for still being so active and helpfull if needed.

Just thanks, it saved me, among many, many many many many hours of work.

Garrath

Seedlings look unhealthy

Seedlings look unhealthy

What STRAIN are you growing? sensi seeds bigbud
What is the age of your plants? 2 weeks
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now? 10 days
Were they in the same mixture when they were seedlings/smaller plant? If not, what mixture were they in before? no, Jiffy Peat Pellets
How Tall are the plants? about 4 or 5 inches (and streching)
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? seedling
What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc)
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot) square, about 4 inches accross and 6 inches deep.
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?) canna pro plus
What brand Nutrient's are you using? plant magic
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful* 2 mill per litre root stimulant 1 mill per litre soil grow. (both plant magic)
How often are you feeding? 1st time today for nutes. will continue every other day.
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients?
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect)
What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used?
What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"? dont know run off but i ph the nute solution at 6.8
How often are you testing pH/ppm/EC/TDS? every watering
What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen? ph pen
How often are you watering? every 3 to 4 days
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding? today, every other watering
What size bulb are you using? 400w hps dual spectrum sunmaster
How old is your bulbs? 2 years
What is the distance to the canopy? 3 to 4 feet
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity)35% to 50%
What is the canopy temperature? 25c
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range)18c night 25c day
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) 589
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? 8" ruck extraction 6" ruck intake running on a digital evolution fan controler. fans run at 25% power at ant temps below 25c
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? slightly, have the fan pointing at the wall than bouncing back at plants
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist? i let dry out for 3 to 4 days
Is your water HARD or SOFT? using bottled water
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? bottled
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap?(Only if you have a tds pen)
If using RO,Distilled,mineral water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS without any additives?(Only if you have a tds pen)
Are you using water from a water softener? no
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when?no

i have 2 week old seedlings that seem to be very slow growing. they're still only on the first set of finger leaves which are yellow and the next set of leave that sre struggling to grow are very yellow, thery're also streching too. any help would be great. thanks, garrath

Garrath

Heres a few pics.

Attachments

• 081.jpg
    081.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 082.jpg
    082.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 083.jpg
    083.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 26