What's new

Split from : The Complete guide to Sick Plants,pH, and Pest troubles!

Killacash

I got that same similar problem as donatello but my ph drops to 4.2 everytime I mix my 3 parts and the volcano rocks aint helping either. So I went and bought a ph nanny and I'm still deciding whether i like it or not.

Man, I loved every minute of this thread!!!

But I dont need to describe my setup in order for you to understand.

pretty much I am at day 23 of veg and the new fan leaves up top and curling under. The edges of the leaves literally are curling under. Almost looks like someone rolled each leaf into a perfect circle.

Is that salt build up? I mean, I only fed water and my last feed was my first nutes which was 1/4 strength. Is that normal with SATIVA strains? Its Durban Poison from Nirvana. And it seems only the durban's are doing it.

C

cellardweller

Hi Stitch! You have some powerful knowledge here. Maybe you can help me out w/ this..I cant find anywhere even in Core's bug thread..

Are plant's infected with pest's? I wouldnt say infested or infected..I found these dead on the floor.

No idea where they came from or why. Never had em in my house before.
Any ideas? An ant of some type I'm sure,but will they do any damage?
~cd

Last edited:
O

OrganicShowmen

@MynameStitch, this is a hell of impressive work. Very kind of you. Bless ya green brother and lots of K+ to you.

:bow:
Organic :rasta:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Thank ya peeps! This guide has been turned into a book and will be put on the market very soon, if you think this is impressive, you will love the book when it comes out, over 171 pages of stuff and photos for every problem around and remedy's and products to use to over come them and how to avoid them.

seulguide

Leaves curling upwards..spindly looking new growth

Leaves curling upwards..spindly looking new growth

Help stitch, one of my plants is in trouble. I am growing outdoors, in soil and the new growth at the top of the plant is spindly ( thin and wiry) looking. It's affecting the new growth only. This problem has occurred only in the last week. The strain i'm groing is jumbo grizzly from kootenay seeds. They were started from seed and they are about 4 weeks old. The plants are about 8 inches tall and they are in the vegging stage. The plants are in 8" pots/ 1 plant per pot. The soil mixture is compost ( cow and sheep), perlite, local compost, peatmoss. It has good water retention and good drainage. I am currently feeding them floranova grow, once or twice a week at 3.5ml/L. I don't know the ec/ppm/tds of my solution because i don't have any meters. I regularly measure the ph of the water i give them, using strips. I use rain water and it measures around 6.0- 7.0. They are outdoors so they get plenty of water. It's been cooler lately and very wet, but they seem to be doing fine with the climate here in northern canada. My last feeding was on wednesday last week. Day and night temps fluctuate from 21 degrees C during the day, to 13 degrees C at night. Depending on the weather the medium is usually wet. My plants have not been trimmed, pruned or pinched...not yet. No pest chemicals have been used. I have fed them some home made compost tea, but this is the only plant that is not doing well. :badday:
I took a close look at it and i noticed some larvae at the very top of the stem where the problem is occuring.

Please help stitch, i will post pics later today, need to go home first.

Last edited:
O

OrganicShowmen

Hello MyNameStitch, hello everyone. I have problems with plants which are about to flower soon but still growing and happy veggin. It seems to me like a pH disorder or K deficiency. Tough I am still confused what it really is :chin:.

Plants are grown in container [ aprox. 500 Litres ] on the roof spot :teef:

I am feeding them with Plagron Terra Grow and for flower I also bought Terra Bloom. The soilmix is created from composted organic matter [ fruits, vegeteables, bone meal, bones, cut grass, egg shells, a little bit fish bones also etc.., mainly everything from garden and from the dinner table :D ], and common soil found 30m away from the spots. Mixed at 1:2 ratio, 1 part of compost 2 parts of low pH local soil. I water them with non pH tested tap water [ though we always had very good ground water ], but only when it is too much warm days in succession.

And the pics:

Peace Organic

Last edited:

jumentous

THANK YOU!! for taking the time to compile this
I searched and found that the squishy growth on my stems was scale after putting ants in the search. I searched for scale and did not find much in the way of cure..... till I read your thread/sticky

durtymyk

omg...those spider mite pictures give me nightmares....i fucking hate spider mites....

on a side note...awesome right up...my afgahni has been droppy for a lil bit and i used this to assess the symptoms...ph too high maybe....im at 5.8

im dropping it to 5.5 and see if that alleviates my problems,.,

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
lol. Hey there peeps, just stopping in to say hello; I am here checking pm's and helping out a bit, still waiting a bit longer to come back full time since the book is about to hit the shelves and fall is coming and have been busy getting things ready for the fall and getting basement dry locked and such!

'

kardon

Hey guys!

Was wondering if we could diagnose this?

I think its calcium deficiency.

Ive got it on every grow, appears in flowering between day 14-21

Use half RO water, half tap water.

Canna Aqua nutrients.

Hempy buckets/Straight perlite.

Water at around 1.5ec and 5.6ph every 48 hours. Approx 2L each. (They are in 10L pots)

Plants are fairly big, veg for around 2 months.

Problem never gets really bad but ide like to figure it out and solve it!

kardon

Anyone?

Ive always had this problem..

My hempy runoff is usually around the 6.5 ph mark in the beggining of flowering, even when i water with a ph 5.3.

Seems to be only older fan leaves that are seriously affected, new growth looks perfect and buds are flowering well.

Some lower leaves are yellowing and falling off, similar to nitrogen deficiency.

Its either;

Ph problem - Leading to begginings of calcium/potassium issues.

Low calcium or

Too much nutes.

Although i doubt the last one because the smaller plants seem to be doing better than the bigger ones. And im fairly sure canna is organic? So its harder to burn anyway.

Latest posts

Latest posts