What's new

spiritual mini cabinet.silent but violent!

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Peace AS, great cabinet bravo!

swazi cross is my made by roms,or jah green label.Both cool people.i'll post pictures on sunday,i'm off away to my girlfriends to do some shagging!peace out ,back sunday.p
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]eac
[/FONT](SPG Steve cut x Mango Haze) comes from and was made by a friend named Xpresso, after i crossed it with a Swazi Red fella... Nice to see them in your earthy hands bro' :ying:

Bonne suite :smoke:

S

spiritual uk

Hi Roms,thank you for the correct lineage!i have grown it a couple of times now ,both from seed and found some amazing phenotypes.I cannot find any pictures sadly.I have some seeds from spgxmangohazexswazi red male ,crossed with the sweet skunk clone female parent.That will be interesting too.I think i will do a scrog after all with what i have in the grow cab,once preflower's are showing i can kill any males and start training to the screen.Next grow i may grow sog ,but i need to wait and see how the plants react in this box and learn what their habits.

all the best.peace

S

spiritual uk

found of few pictures of dried buds of different phenotypes of the spgxmangohazexswazired i grew.The best tasting and more powerful phenotypes had bright red inner calyxes and tasted similar to a good haze.I think i had 5 females last time and they were all good and two were amazing.They grew similar and had maybe the strongest stems i have ever come across.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 10
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 099.jpg
    099.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 11
S

spiritual uk

While bending ,training a couple of plants ,i noticed the first pre-flower has appeared,and it is the bag-seed.It is a now dead male,which is cool.I will order the new extraction system in the morning ,build a scrog screen,and also cut the new 6 inch holes at some point.The 4 inch extractor fan and mini filter i will use for my mother box ,once i build it and plan where it goes.

Attachments

• 251.jpg
    251.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 7
S

spiritual uk

Found a few old pictures.a variety of buds from older grows,taken with an old phone.Variety is the spice of life.

Attachments

• 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 653.jpg
    653.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 9
S

spiritual uk

Built a scrog screen to fit the box.Just waiting on my delivery and then i can empty the cab and do the final final last final tweak.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 10
S

spiritual uk

Let the fun begin.this is the positions i plan on putting the plants.the 3 on the left are the lsd clones,and the [sweetpink grapefruitxmangohaze]x swazi rooi are on the right.Really looking forward to both strains.I have only smoked the lsd in amsterdam,and i hope this is a good phenotype.I have grown and smoked the swazi cross a couple of times from the same stock ,so i hope for good things too.I'm just waiting on the swazi crosses to show sex and then i can start filling the screen,ready for flowering.

i have the usual uk fungus gnat composting away at the soil ,but i dont want them getting out of hand and the larvae damaging roots so i ordered a kilo of diatomaceous earth for next week to cover the open soil areas,and that will naturally kill any insect that walks across it through dehydration,and has benefits too plants and soil

the delivery driver has not turned up with my new extractor and filter ,so i have to wait maybe till monday before setting that up and lowering the light unit.

slowly but surely ,getting there....

namaste

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 9
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 7
S

spiritual uk

New extraction system arrived.If this does not keep my temperatures in range in my mini grow i will retire again haha.

I have not got 6 and 8 inch hole cutters so i will have to improvise a little.fun fun fun

peace

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 10

Eugen

Mentor
Veteran
hey spiritual,
whats the size of this extraction fan? friends & i used to run a few small cabinets. when heat was an issue we just used cooltubes. sure they eat a bit of light but at least you dont have to worry about plants growing to quick and touching the lamp (which is quite a possibility in small cabinets).
but you are running PLLs right? never had heat issues with those ones... i am sure your new extraction fan will solve that.

anyways, i will be watching. i love stealth grows! i regret of buying a tent actually. too noisy...

good luck with that scrog i am watching :lurk:

S

spiritual uk

Hi Eugen.Yeah i underestimated the heat from the 400 odd watt t5 also!initially i thought a 4 inch(200 m3/m)would be ample extraction to keep the cab cool.The grow area is only 5ft x3ft x3ft total area,then filter ,fans etc taking up sapce,leaves me with little space to play.The canopy(the part what matters) temperature, in springtime ,with all 8 bulbs on,is about 28-29 c with the light fitting at its highest point (10 inch from top of canopy),and about 35 c in the light zone, i ideally want to use ,3 inch from unit.making it cool for veg but pretty useless in flower.To get the best out of a t5 ,i believe i have to have the light unit within inches of my canopy.With the 4 inch i will not be able to get close and get some decent buds.

At the minute the plants are chilling in my bedroom in natural light,and tomorrow,i will install the new 6 inch(525m3/m on max),filter and silencer.i will set the fan to 25 c and get the probe in the canopy ,and let the fan do the work with little stress(i hope).the new filter can take 600 m3/m ,perfect for the additional power.

I could of just stuck with the 4 inch and put up with a bit of heat stress and loose buds ,but the whole point for me to growing is to try grow decent bud,and the 4 inch will never allow that.Room temperature is one thing,canopy temperature is vital.My intake is three x3 inch holes,with active fans as boost.I will do some number crunching tomorrow once i set it all up and get some facts and figures.

i have plant protection ocd !they never hitting the bulb on my watch!haha.With sativa dominant strains it can be a nightmare!However it's more than do-able,with training and bending,even during flowering.
peace

S

spiritual uk

Managed to finally get the cab put back together with a bit of a mess.Need to "box in",the exhaust popping out the end!haha.

Plants have been neglected and stressed ,just sitting in the cold near the window for almost a week.Hopefully i have not stressed them too much.I can leave them alone now to grow another week and fill the screen,then i plan on reduces the light regimen by an hour a day until i hit 12 hour flower mark,to slow stretch and stress.Not much room in my cab spare,and i will see how this run goes,and maybe next time just do a sog ,if i can get the numbers ready safely.

namaste

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 7
S

spiritual uk

quick update.Plants seem to have recovered,and everything working fine.The fan rarely uses full power ,unless the door is shut and light on for longer than 20 hours.I finally worked out the mdf is absorbing alot of the radiant heat.Next crop i will line the walls with mylar or equivelant to get the rays bouncing more.
Im still a little paranoid about the sound of the fan ,but i know the smell and airflow is covered at least.I may play around with the design for the millionth time ,haha.

for now ,on with the show.The plants will be put into flower stage on saturday as i'm expecting a long stretch.As you can see ,the plants are not much taller than a "clipper" lighter,and are topped and trained enough to go sideways as oppose to upwards.

looking forward to finally flipping these over and dialling in the cab further and correcting any faults as i go with it.So far so good-ish.

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 9
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 6
S

spiritual uk

My friend who gave me the lsd clone is unsure which phenotype i have,and recently gave me sample smoke ,to take camping,of the different phenotypes.All of them are good so i'm not too bothered which one i get.

here is the two phenotypes that i managed to photo before i inhaled them.Both grown dwc gh nutes,standard.

stay cool.

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 6
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 7
S

spiritual uk

Cheers brother.It has been a bit of an "over the top"project ,and alot of delays and readjustment that started as just small silent cab to a bit of a beast for size of it.
Typical,i'm still not happy!my fan makes a slight buzz in every plug socket in my apartment,yet any other propertys i try it on,like the grow shop, it makes no buzzing noise.so it is spiking for some reason,so i need my electrician mate to give my mains a look at.Making me paranoid and making me confused what it could be.

the thread should get more interesting from now as plants seem happy and settled finally and into flower very soon.

cheers for taking an interest.

namaste

T

TennerBag

plants are looking excellent i have loads of mdf i can use to build a cab just for veging the plants i was thinking of using 250watt's metal halide sorry bro did your thread include ligt proof vents ? as i dont no how to make em

S

spiritual uk

250 would be perfect in this box to be honest,i only need personal stash really.I designed a basic light blocking design,using mdf off cuts.

i did a basic scribble diagram a few pages back.Here it is.The air passes through 3 x 3inch filtered holes,up and down through light blocker and pushed and aided through 3 more 3 inch holes via computer fans.I will double up the intake next crop ,after i opted for a more powerful fan.

hope the pictures help.peace

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 019.jpg