What's new

spiritual mini cabinet.silent but violent!

S

spiritual uk

hi all.I thought i would share my grow with you all.Long way to go yet but i built up my shell today ready fopr the next phase.as you can see i have a box that measures 8 ft x 3ft x 3 ft,comprising of three compartments.one section is for my fan which will be made as silent as humanely possible ,with a shelf for electrics and bottles and such,the middle section for my plants and the third section is my light difused intake i designed.

my next job is sound proofing the whole of the inside with sound board,glued into position,then im going to powder coat the outside bright red,as a funky piece of furniture!.....i will update and answer questions as i go.not much to see now but progress has been made.

the plan is to have a silent running florescent,low cost simple system.only three power sources,and as stealth as can be....it was stealth till i decided to make it double the length lol.shit,these thing's can happen to any stoner!

enjoy the show,i'm sure it will have equal up's and down's and alot of craziness in between....

pictures are the cases i made and the final shell.peace

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 13
S

spiritual uk

hardware

-one maxibright 4ft ,8 bulb t5.one rvk 4 inch fan ,and three computer fans to asssist with intake and air movement.....thats all i'm using.peace

S

spiritual uk

thinking about my next stages.....i will soundproof the whole lot,then powder coat or just paint the outside nice,maybe just paint the inside too or maybe line with reflective material..i will tank the base [waterproof it like a swimming pool and add drainage system]and make one giant pot for it.it has to be shallow for height restrictions but enough width to make up for it .Then ,get it all air tight , then fitted with equipment ,then i'm good to go!it cost me a small fortune but it is custom made to my specifics ,and not ugly like a grow tent,with tubes and wires here there and everywhere.this will become part of the furniture!peace

S

spiritual uk

yeah,i like an eggshell oil based finish,cheaper and scrubbable!durability is key and practicality!paz

S

spiritual uk

if i have to start with seeds,then it will be what i have -mangoxsweetpinkgrapefruitxswazi red ,flowering cycle from seed....or the other option if my friend helps me out is ,amnesia amsterdam cut,old school nl5xhaze19 is an option or nevilles haze as a clone.if the latter is the case i only need and want maybe 2 plants maximum ,all under a scrog.

media-soil man!no other way.a 50%coco,50%sand /silt/clay/guano/castings/homeade compost

i have not bought any nutrients in a few years except for my tomatoes.i just use molasses and homemade teas from comfrey,dandelions ,nettles ,worm casting juice and such.the soil mix will have enough food till mid flowering in my system anyway.

vibes!

S

spiritual uk

this is my old bedroom cab ,that the police destroyed and robbed !illegally lol,if only i knew at the time.

Attachments

• 15052009797.jpg
    15052009797.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 020820091245.jpg
    020820091245.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 150220071732.jpg
    150220071732.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 040720091145.jpg
    040720091145.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 22062009957.jpg
    22062009957.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 14
S

spiritual uk

here is my light proof intake in diagram form.i thought it would be easier to explain the whole concept with a picturehowever,it turn's out im high and i cannot actually draw or write!lol.oh well.i tried.i hope u all get the idea.the picture below, is without the computer fans ,that i will install for extra push,and also some hepa filters fitted.i went for 9 inch worth of intake compenstaing the helpa filters.peace

S

spiritual uk

cheers 5th!not too big and not too small.i can't wait either,just need to earn a bit more money lol.i best get some food this week instead of timber as money is tight.hopefully i will fully finish this set up by the new year.i will not fire it up till all the ,glues,fillers and paints have solidified and also when im sure it makes close to zero noise.if it makes a noise ,i carry on working on it!the whole idea is stealth.so hopefully a near year ,january the 1st start .peace

5th

Veteran
Doing it right then bro. Too many people putting the cart before the horse if ya get me.

Noise under control, smell, atmosphere done first...then enjoi.

S

spiritual uk

yeah man ,exactly.the art of war,patience and accurate planning.i cannot have any sound or smell issues or i will end up in court lol.Im tempted to make a box connected to the filter with a low wattage light and fill it with wild garlic as an extra saftey net.my house would stink of garlic all the time lol.I will use ona gel near my front door,but nowhere near my grow,it gets everywhere ,so not worth risk.i will think about it later.peace

S

spiritual uk

bit of an update.I've decided how i will acoustic the fan area.i could of used the rail and genie system but too expensive and would limit my space,so i have opted just to go for layers.This afternoon ,i will screw fix a layer of plasterboard in designated area.Then i will use adhesive to fix in ,a further,two layers of soundboard.i will then fill the base with expandable foam and wait for it all to dry and cure till tommorow.When it's dry enough,i will add 4 inch drainpipework ,foam fixed to wall.then position the fan and hook up small amount of ducting to the pipe work and foam fill it all ,leaving no gaps.the inline fan with be wired on full power,wrpped in clingfilm,to protect it from the foam and a fan controller installed at a future date,when money allows.A few layers of cardboard will also be added before the first screw fixed layer,and each layer added with adhesive will have a tiny air pocket.it should be reasonably quiet after all this.my neighbours are arseholes and already dictate when i work.....waiting for them to leave as we speak!

hopefully finished within a week or two max,fully painted and ready.i will be using two filters too,one on inside of cab one on rear outside cab .this will restrict my fan quite a bit,so i can only wait for that to see results regarding limitations.

ok ,off to make that happen.peace

S

spiritual uk

ok so i miscalulated how much expandable foam i would need,haha.lesson learned.....

i cannot afford that much foam,lol,so i have a new idea.i used only two layers of plasterboard,with cardboard in between,and i used left over adhesive to screed the base.then i used a full large tube of expandable foam to make a base,and while semi wet i dropped my fan into position.....once dry,my new plan is just to use rockwool insulation to fill in the large void i will have,and then plasterboard it shut.This will give me the benefit of access and future maintanance.i will stick with normal ducting also,as it is light weight.

nothing ever is as easy as it seems haha....

this picture is my fan drying set into position ,before i fill with rockwool and close.

hope it helps the sound,my physics tell me it should,however i could be wrong haha.the proof will be in the pudding,as they say.

back later with the boxed in finished and hopefully ,tested,version.

peace

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 14
S

spiritual uk

hi mr copyz-my idea was to use solely expandable foam ,creating a solid block of foam surrounding my fan,tight up to each wall,which i wish i could afford.sheets i cannot fill the void compactly,and gives vibrations a chance to cause havoc.i have sound board sheets surrounding the fan.i will use a roll of acoustic rockwool insulation,and fill every knuck and cranny by hand ,nice and tight,leaving no gaps..its a box within a box within a box,with foam base and fully filled with acoustic material.it is important that the soundwaves cannot find gaps and loose material for it to work,or i risk it being even louder,like an amplifier.Without any control,my mdf mini grow box will be become one giant subwoofer,lol.
i will show you what i intended later tommorow.

cheers dude,stay cool.

MrCopyZ

why not fill the void to max capacity with expanded foam board and then fill the rest of the space with the expandable foam?