What's new

spiritual mini cabinet.silent but violent!

S

spiritual uk

i could of done that i suppose.still would be tricky to make sure nothing moves and still expensive,good idea though i like it!good thinking!too late mind,i just bought some loft acoustic insulation for 20 uk pound,for a 10 m linear roll.

MrCopyZ

Right on. If it is fiberglass insulation be careful. That stuff put out alot of microfibers that suck...

S

spiritual uk

very true!too late now ,i work on building sites ,and i end up,inhaling,mdf,plasterboard,paint fumes,debris,dirt,mold,resins,absestos,lead ,all kinds of fibres,dust and general toxic waste,etc etc etc,lol .It now seem's a daily occurence!i smoke cig's too!haha......no hope for me ,one bit!but yeah i'll put a dust mask on just in case,but it is a bit futile in this shitty environment.respect for the heads up and care to fellow man,we need more people like you!rassssss pect

i will update in the morning and then think about painting,plants and such

cheers for posting.peace dude

S

spiritual uk

ok finally got the extraction finished.it has definately had an effect at reducing vibrations,and i think the old lady,who lives below me,will not notice.i can only hear the air at the exit,which will be reduced further once the carbon filter is installed.

Next job ,is the grow compartment.it needs gaps sealing,computer fans installed,carban filter i need to buy and install,light hooked up[which will be a challenge in the tight space!],electrics and power fitted,then fill and paint the whole box and i should be good to go.

peace

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 12
  • Panoramica
    Panoramica
    105.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 12

5th

Veteran
Glad to see its coming along spirit.

Too bad you couldn't have elevated your fan a lil' more. I hope the drag on those length's of ducting aren't going to mess with your temps to much.

Keep it up. :tiphat:

S

spiritual uk

yeah true.the restriction is not too bad,and the fan is more than powerful enough to clear the room and keep the t5 unit cool.ideally the fan would be higher up,but it is not greatly effecting the flow.the fan ,only has 1m of ducting either side,running direct-ish.the, ducting from fan to filter should be short and direct as possible,but 1 m is not exactly far,so i believe will be cool.

stay cool

opiumo

Veteran
yeah,i like an eggshell oil based finish,cheaper and scrubbable!durability is key and practicality!paz

For the bottom of the cab you could have an eggshell oil based finish, for cleaning purposes etc. But i would strongly recommend an acrylic matt finish the walls and top of the cab.

edit: eggshell oil based finish will work well too if you use 20% gloss level or lower. :)

S

spiritual uk

hehe,in my experience acrylic eggshell is more hardwearing than acrylic "vinyl "matt,anyday.eggshell ,acrylic or oil based,is most ideal for grow cabs.i also,just like the self levelling properties of an oil base paint.peace

justanotherbozo

Veteran
what i like to do for the floors of my cabs is a combination of common landscapers cloth and elastomeric paint which is rubberized and marketed as a roofing patch, for trailers and suchlike.

...what i do is layer it in so that i work the cloth into the wet paint and i do this for added strength, ...the elastomeric paint i use because it is waterproof and mildew resistant.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

bozo

S

spiritual uk

hi bozo,looks a good product,and beautifully apllied too.i think for the floor,i will just staple foam sheeting,that is used for underlay to give it a cushion,and then use maybe trays .the other option i was thnking was making the whole base of the grow chamber one big pot ,but it means i will have to make a drainage system and i justt do not have the time,or finances.lol.

i would be worried about deterioration of a fabric ,painted floor that can move and get wet.

i will k.e.e.p it simple and mdf prime,then eggshell the interior[i have plenty of leftover],leaving the floor as it is,and iw ill use sheet foam underlay stapled into position for vibration cushion,and use two 4ft trays to bottom feed individual pots,or use a tanking system with drainage for one big pot.i think i will opt for the basic method and get my arse into gear!the floor space hopefully will be covered with plant's,so i do'nt think i will waste paint on it .

my amnesia d-cut connection has not responded to me so i might just go for approx, 25 small seed plants,sog if possible,weeding out mutant ,or weak plants and males and maybe saving the best males for seed production.

any suggestion for a potent,good tasting,short stature plant that can go to adecent bud with little veg period?i'm confident of controlling pretty mmuch any strain but i would like a low stress low height plant for simplicity.i prefer sativa too which i know i iwll not get .

peace
cheers ,and peace.

S

spiritual uk

my plan with plants is to,either use 4 amnesia d cut 's,scrog trained and fill the space.If that avenue closes, i will just go for it from seed.i will use little veg time and just use numbers to fill the space.

Hash_Star

Hey man, looking good! Loving the design, i can just imagine you building this in your brain as you go about your day :D I can almost hear the cogs cranking from here :D

Very nice, and it's come along quickly. That expanding foam is insanely expensive for what it is. £20 for the fire resistant stuff in b&q !

With regards as to what to grow... i got that spare nl5xhaze clone if you want it. If you can wait a lil for me to veg em i can give you a few. When you planning on firing up the beast?

peace brother!

S

spiritual uk

yo hashstar,cogs need oiling with spice ,need my fix haha!i was planning on starting close to christmas.no rush.maybe in 3 weeks time?nl5x haze is one of my favourite strains,and can be scrog grown.put me down for four brother.i will crack a few random seeds too just for kicks.i shall be back with an update once i get it all painted and fitted out.fail to prepare,then prepare to fail

peace

S

spiritual uk

ok,been a bit busy and a bit poor so progress is slow.i gave the unit a few licks of paint so the outside is finished.I just need more cash to finish the cabinet and we are away.

equipment needed before i can fire it up,

.set of venetian blinds lol[just in case one day a window cleaner turns up unasked,not likely but possible]
.a good quality filter[as good as funds allow]
.three decent low noise computer fans[for intake zone and cab air movement]
.a relay contactor ,and timer
.a couple of ez light adjusters
.fan controller[i can start without this as my boxed in fan runs ok but id like to save electric and further enhanced noise reduction whenever temperature allows it]
.ph and ec meter[not essential in soil but i like having control and making records of feeds and notes as i move along,makes life simple if any problems arise]
.pots and bits
.roll of draft exlusion for the doors

so about 250 uk £ ,is needed to get the cab rolling.i will be back in two weeks with the fully finished product.

peace

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 10
S

spiritual uk

cheers dude.they do two bulbs 6700k and 2700k,so yeah you can flower with a t5.this is just for personal stash,so whatever i get,i will smoke.my grow area is 5ftx3ftx3ft and the lamp 4ft.using sog or scrog ,or even small plants,they will be hopefully getting more than enough available light,especially if i can hover a few cm's above the conopy.that is the plan anyway,lol.little noise,little running cost,little heat all in one sealed unit is my goal.eventually it can become my veg cab also.

edit,i like to play with wood occasionally.timber that is .

thanks for kind words,stay cool

S

spiritual uk

Cheers 5th,thanks for taking an interest.After reading Verdant's success and liKing his style and strategy,i kind of wish i saved for a good led unit now ,lol.oh well after two crops i will buy one maybe and relegate the t5 to a veg chamber.For now ,i will stick with t5 as ive had ok results with just cfls in the past but nowhere near the return these high end led units are turning out.here is an old picture of some durban thai highflyerx sweet pink grapefruit i grew under 250 watt cfl and a skylight when the sun came out.not great pictures,but great free herb.smoked just like outdoor!

i was thinking about a scrog ,but monoscrog seems best option as i will be able to take out the plants,keep them clean and also give them natural sunlight when time allows,saving electric bill further.the whole idea to this cab ,is low cost[although my outlay has ben big so far considering i can just buy a tent for 100 quid,lol]

hopefully up and running in two weeks time.i'm running low in stash and can only take buying weed again for so long before i breakdown .

peace

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 10
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Latest posts