What's new

Spider Mites, Here's what I tried, what should I do?

linksys

I use Don't Bug Me by Fox Farms and I have no problems with it... took care of my mites... when I see them little fuckers i just spray every 3-5 days until they are gone... just make sure you have good ventilation and keep your grow area clean clean clean.

G

If nobody mentioned no pest strips,thats what I've used with success every time.They are 90% dead in 48 hlours and 100% gone after 72

linksys

SKELETOR - is it Hot Shot No-Pest Strip your talking about?... because i rather hang something up then spray chemical stuff on my plants.

G

Yes either hot shot or spectracide no pest strip,as long as it contains dichlorvous.

mysta177

no pest strip works good...but be careful. The package says dont put next to food....so becareful at the end of flower.
Homedepot have the strips

ABlueDuck

No pest strips work like magic. If your sick of spray and wash, put a $5 strip in there and never think about it again.

Diclorvouwhatever was developed in WWII as Sarin Gas/VX Gas, its just really weak nerve toxin that gets in the bugs brain and shuts it off.

highasakite

deadheadohio said:
you should probably try neem oil again and bleach entire growroom and its contents. you could be transferring mites and their eggs to different parts of your house on your hands and clothes after you take care of your plants so you could clean all other rooms to steam clean carpet furniture and wash all draperies and garments. after you have done that you could let off pyrethrum bomb foggers in each room to zap eggs and mites in the rooms. the foggers dont kill your plants. try to stay away from other growers with mites. I think the neem oil works better when mixed with liquid dish soap .I have had mites for years and I am able to prevent a total infestation but not totally eliminate them. it takes alot of work to deal with them PEACE BRO
I'm with ohio that neem oil and dish soap eliminated my spider mites all together and that was in aug. or early sep. so it was still pretty warm out but i kinda doubled up on it the neem oil. i know it says a cap full or what ever but i dumped 2 cap fulls in the bottle and like 8 drops of dish soap. and fairly warm water. (remember to shut your lights off for a half hour or so to let the plants dry) i learned the hard way i'm sure you already had known this tho. and what i did before i started the process is filled the kitchen sink with soapy water and stuck the whole plant in the water for a few seconds. just the plant not the pot. then started with the neem oil. for like 3 weeks spraying 2 times a week. and they have been gone now it is cold as shit here. so those little bastards cant get at my women any more.

linksys

so with the no pest strips... i have a rubbermaid box grow 2 10gals, would it be safe to put the strip in that or does it need space?

G

How big is it?You may want to set it outside with a fan blowing it in.It was stated earlier that predator mites work great during 12/12,I doubt that person has experince with this.I used the "triple threat" predator mites in flower and they just dont do shit,they dont have enough daylight hours,the lazy bastards just sleep lol.Out of everything I've tried,pyrethrum bombs,neem oil,predator mites and various sprays,the no pest strips blow them all away.

G

zeppelindood said:
nothing will knock spider mites out in 2 treatments.
Avid + Hexagon + Neem Oil. One treatment. Gone for over a year now.

G

What I do with NPS and its worked every single time is to hang it in the center of the room for 72 hours,then remove for 24-48 hours.Then replace for 24-48 hours and if you have any mites left they are mutants from hell

turbo87

Use avid if they are still in veg.Its kinda expensive but there is a small bottle for like 50 bucks.A little goes a long way.Spray and spray again in a few days and your golden.Every other method I have seen only gets rid of mites for a short time.

Young Giver

Mix three tablespoons each of isoprpyl alchol, lemon juice, garlic juice, horseradish juice, Ivory liquid, and a few drops of Tabasco, mint, and cinnamon oil. Mix all ingredients in a small bowl into a slurry. Dilute the slurry at the rate of one teaspoon per pint of water and mix in a blender. Potent mix have a tester plant and spray a branch to see how strong or weak it is.

I also know more recipes if you are interested PM me...

G

I've heard it said,but in my six years indoor experience I've probably had mites a half dozen times or more and they havent built a resistance.I just used one a couple weeks ago.The trick is to faliliarize yourself with what very early mite damage looks like,then take care of it with an NPS before any damage is done.Get a scope,not for trichs although you'll use it for that purpose for a couple years,you wont be scopin trichs forever you know when to harvest.The scope is too look on the underside of the leaves for mite eggs.Even when no mite damage is apparent,each week or so I'll take a clip of leaf and check the underside,its just good practice.

G

Probably not,but it'll kill your plants!NPS are 5 dollars at HD or ,lowes.Two things that mites hate are cold and humidity,thats why a cool mist humdifier is such a winner in the veg stage

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts