What's new

Spider Mites, Here's what I tried, what should I do?

KRS Juan

Lady Bugs will only go after spider mites if they are desperate, and even then they wont take out a colony (believe me I tried).

Avid will 100% get rid of mites but also might cause cancer and other bad things.

Spider mite destroyers, while much more expensive than spider mite predators, work very very well and dont need a special envoirnment like the predators do. Predators and destroyers work amazingly well as a team.

-KRS Juan-

G

pyrethium bomb, run your fans
bleach bomb, run your fans
pyrethium bomb again, run your fans

change the poly in your grow room, take all your equipment out and bleach bomb it all

then for good measure throw everything back into the grow room and bomb it.

problem solved.

trust me i know, i just got it taken care of that same way

I used garlic water cajun pepper onion and dishsoap boiled it down made a tea used it 3 times and killed a very bad infestation the formula is in the handbook...It works and is a much cheaper fix...

plinkerdink420

i read or heard somewhere (not sure which) that if you seal your growroom, recycle the air, and enrich with CO2... that all you have to do to get rid of most pest infestations is pump up your CO2 to like 10000 ppm or something like that for a couple of hours to suffocate whatever you have there.....

is this true?

billk6969

After trying many suggestions from you fine folks, I have found that Einstein Oil works best to kill those naste critters. This is high in Neem and as mentioned by other growers here, if used as instructed, you will kill off all those unwanted buggers. And it's 100% Organic so you can use it up to 3 days prior to harvest.

As far as the CO2 poisoning, didn't work too well, there is to much air exchange for the levels to get high enough. Also used up too much CO2:(

Thanks again for all your help, Now that I have almost finished my harvest, I will be giving my room a good bleeching and clean up. Preventative maintanence will be my new name and hopefully I won't have to deal with this problem anymore.

Keep smokin,

B

billk6969

Hey BOG,

I buy my lady bugs at this Hydro store in W. Las Vegas. They run about $8.99 per 1500 bugs!

Keep smokin,
B

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
BushyOldGrower said:
Small and special lady bugs? Hmmm... BOG

Where do you get them?

Hey BOG ever bought bugs in the mail???

I know it sounds odd man, but hang with me. There are companies that specialize in Predator bugs and anyone can buy them. You have many choices and different combonations of bugs depending on your situation...

I have tried bugs many times in my life...Yellow eyed lady bugs carry around other small predators and are great combo critters...but they tend to get sucked out the ventilation...

Ever seen this bug before??? I dont know what the hell it is...

where would one look for spider might destroyers and predators??? My local pet store didn't have any?

"can't just spray it on one night or two... you have to stay with it or the eggs just hatch and they hump again "

they are born pregnant so they don't need to hump.

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
spidy mites

spidy mites

Hotshot no pest strips works very well in 24 hours after that put it back in its foil package so it will remain active for the next time..... this has always worked for me

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BushyOldGrower said:
Small and special lady bugs? Hmmm... BOG

Where do you get them?

http://store.arbico-organics.com/organic-pest-control-beneficial-insects-organisms.html

Here is a good place BOG.

Some say these guys are pretty bad ass:

Spidermite Destroyer Feltiella acarisuga - 250
Feltiella acarisuga are tiny midges that feed on two spotted spider mites. These predatory midges are effective destroyers of spider mites and a very promising biological control for tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet peppers, other greenhouse crops and field strawberry crops where spider mite infestations are a problem. Feltiella work best on crops which have hairy stems. Of particular interest to greenhouse growers they have been shown to work quite effectively on tomatoes on which P. persimilis have been ineffective. Feltiella is sold in release units of 250 which can be hung in the crop and opened for quick release.

Mr.Wags

D

DB2004

There is another option for spider mites. Depending how infested you are, you can mist them with very cold water. I used a 5 gallon sprayer bottle and a misting nozzle. I got the water ice cold and added a pile of ice cubes. I sprayed the areas infested a couple times in one day and five minutes after lights out. It worked for me. The next day after looking at the mites with a magnifier, they were all dead, no movement. Spider mites do not the cold.

Best Regardz

DB2004

R

Ronley

Or another option that works fantastically.

1) Get the most hottest strongets chili peppers that you can find- (Red or green ones)
2) Blend 5chilies with 2 cups of water,
3) Strain,
4) spray on the underside of leaves and even on the buds, It does not harm anypart of the plants, even young new seedlings can take a spray of this pepper solution.

Repeat a few times and this will solve all spider mite problems.

CARE MUST BE TAKEN NOT TO GET THIS SOLUTION ONTO YOUR HANDS AS IT DOES BURN YOUR SKIN, AND ALSO WATCH OUT FOR YOUR EYES.

This valuable tip comes from Wernand from Positronics seeds.

PearlJamFan

If any one is interested; I found a place that sells Stethorus punctillum much cheaper than the site listed above. Only $33.25 per 100, www.ipmlabs.com. You have to register to get prices, but they are 1/2 the price of http://www.naturescontrol.com

I ordered some today, since I have a HUGE infestation. So I plan on getting the Stethorus punctillum plus 3 other bugs in order to kill those little bastards. I have them in both my grow and veg rooms.

pretty tone

Neem oil is all you need!!!!!As soon as your clones root,Hit them every other day with neem.All the way untill the 2nd to 3rd week of flowering and you will have no problems!!!The trick with the neem is do not wait untill you have A bug problem.Use it as preventive maintence and you will be golden!!!!!

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
Bump

Bump

Crazy Composer said:
We had spider mites... (HAD) spider mites.

Neem oil, applied as per the manufacturer's directions, sprayed on EVERY surface, every 3 days for 2 weeks will get em. I used neem for about a year with no success, UNTIL I finally stuck to the regimen and got em!

After the 2 weeks is up, just watch for single leaves that exhibit those tell-tale dots. Cut them off, spray again. Repeat until you have no reason to start a spider mites thread :smile:

P.S. Our infestation was MAJOR, but patience and dilligence won the day.

Neem Oil...Why it works and what it does

acidfire

My friend will spray them with iso if they are still in veg. Just a light mist that usally evaps before it touchs the plant.
If you spray too much it will burn the plant.

Latest posts

Latest posts