What's new

Spider mites AKA The Borg

prophecy

You guys should buy green lacewing. Its bug that eat like 200 mites EVERYDAY!! When all mites are dead...the lacwing die too.

We can buy them 500 larveas and 3-4 of them in each grow to prevent.

green_lacewing_larvae.jpg

They eat pollen and bugs...so you can let a flower with nectar and pollen to your lacewing (will prevent it to die if you don't have bugs). You have to do this because the green lacewing take 1 month to become adult. So you can't have one lacewing on demand.

bye guys!!!

prophecy

I have a small and cheap but efficient microscope and I observed 1 leaf with a lot of spider marks on it.

I found a lot of dead bodies and 1 surviver with burn on his back so I don't think it will live for long. I drop water near it. He turned like crazy and running very fast.

I think spraying water everyday on plant distract them and don't do their job.

I spray spinosad very well on the plant (under and over the leaves) and every during 2 weeks I spray plain water everyday but not as much as I spray spinosad. After 2 weeks I repeat spinosad! The water reactive the spinosad and elimine it too. Its quite efficient to control and doing this 2 for months I'm sure they will be all dead.

Plus, they don't like humidity. I raise my 1000w lamp to about 45 inchs and play everywhere the water about 2 hours after the lamp is on. Its the time they prefer to be active. Heat and dry! Not to mention that the water dry faster with lamp so it don't burn the leaf.

Well i tried predatory mites and oruis spent lots of money and it didn't do shit indoors. I bought 2 packs

In the greenouse they work just fine , but indoors they won't go in the upper layer cuz i think it's too hot there.

And in the upper layer is where the nice buds are.

It's a shame though as i don't like spraying stuff on my plants , even in veg state(and flowering stage spraying is totally out of the question)

It's not so much the heat, rather the intensity of light that deters persimilis from the upper branches.

Try it out yourself, grab a leaf with persimilis on it and rotate it every time he goes for the dark side of the leaf he'll run back to the dark side every time.

Fortunately indoors their is usually a dark period, and whilst they aren't as active during the night, they certainly feed.

Release them in the largest quantity you can afford.

Death to the borg.

christy

Love IT! the 1,2,3.knock out. i am in flower stage so i dont think i will use floramite worried about tast. Great thread helped alot. thanks

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Update

Update

I used plant Vitality spray a month ago once, while in veg. Ive seen no mites since. And those were the Humboldt mites that can live through most anything. Good luck to You all. Dont get bummed out. Just learn, and take action at the right time.

I only did the single application of the plant vitality plus more than two months ago in two grow areas. I still havnt seen a single mite since. I sprayed before flowers started,about 8-9 weeks ago. The mectins dont last that long. They break down completely and are gone after 7-8 weeks. Not only are these plants mite free, they are now pesticide free, and still not near harvest yet.
These are Headband, Maui Wowi, SuperSilverHaze, and LA Conf.

picture.php

I really wanted Azamax to work, but ill settle for this, as long as its sprayed more than 2 months before harvest.

Ciarán

Here's from the MSDS of Floramite..I am following it with success..had midterms, no gardnening time, started to see webbing because of lack of time and introduction of new clones..

Incorporate IPM techniques into your insect control program.
• Ensure thorough spray coverage to all foliage.
• Scout regularly and apply FLORAMITE SC as soon as infestations
are observed. Do not wait until large populations have
established.
• Always apply FLORAMITE SC at the recommended rates and
according to label recommendations.
• Apply only one application of FLORAMITE SC before rotating
to products of an alternative chemical class.
• Use at least two alternative products between treatments of
FLORAMITE SC. (NEEM & ABAMECTIN)
• Use FLORAMITE SC in conjunction with biological control
organisms available for mite control. FLORAMITE SC when
used as directed, does not adversely affect populations of
beneficial/predacious mites and insects, including: Phytoseiulus persimilis, Neoseiulus spp, Typhlodromus spp, Iphiseius degenerans, etc.
-The use of these organisms in conjunction or alternation with
FLORAMITE SC is encouraged as a means of reducing the number
of chemical applications.

Do it guys, i know you hate mites as much as I do, but they are controllable, even in CA, where resistance is a problem, IPM is where its at, and unless you want the snap cracklies in you nugs, i'd suggest you put the time in to understand mite populations and how to decimate them.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Hey guys! I seemed to have what I thought was a small invasion on a few plants in my flowering tent. The mites seem to love the ChemD! I have other strains that seem to be holding up fighting them better. Within a day, I started noticing webs encasing a few of the buds on one plant. I have been treating the water w/ Azamax, & also Organicide alternetly every time I water. I think Azatrol works good, but the grow shop doesnt carry it anymore! The ChemD w/ the webs is about 2 weeks from flower, should I make an emergency cut tonight?-or should I try to knock em down for a week? Is the end product affected by the mites?

D

Diamonddss

Hey guys! I seemed to have what I thought was a small invasion on a few plants in my flowering tent. The mites seem to love the ChemD! I have other strains that seem to be holding up fighting them better. Within a day, I started noticing webs encasing a few of the buds on one plant. I have been treating the water w/ Azamax, & also Organicide alternetly every time I water. I think Azatrol works good, but the grow shop doesnt carry it anymore! The ChemD w/ the webs is about 2 weeks from flower, should I make an emergency cut tonight?-or should I try to knock em down for a week? Is the end product affected by the mites?
if your grow is 20 plants or less the azamax will work just fine. use about 12 to 15 ml for 32 ounce spray bottle. Spay at lights off and cover them nicely then again in 5 days then again in a week. i had no trouble up to 6 or 7 weeks flower. Concentrate on the lower and especially under the fan leaves. If your grow is larger you might need avid or floramite but i use avamax only with no problems( sometimes ladybugs too

O.G.#1

Dunno if its the species of spider mites in my area but in a secretjardin 8x6x4 two HotShot NoPestStrips kill them, no questions asked.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Thanks guys! I think Im just gonna make an emergency cut tonight. I will cut the one with the most mites, the one with the webs. I will cut it, then move it outside... Is that a good idea?-or no? I am worried that when they climb from my plant, they will go & invade the plants nearby. (as in outside plants, tree, flower garden) Do they die eventually if outside? I will probs make make butter with it, or something. Thanks again

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I had plants in bud and some in veg when mites attacked

I had plants in bud and some in veg when mites attacked

Theres no way im spraying anything on buds, not neem, not pesticides. I separated the plants, and kept the vegging plants indoors. The budding plants went outdoors. It was winter , but past freeze danger. I sprayed off the plants and buds with the hose, and let them finish up outdoors. The mites hated the cold temps and pretty much disappeared.The bud quality was pretty good.

The plants I kept indoors that were in veg, I sprayed one time with mectins(plant vitality plus). There were a bunch of plants, and they were totally infested with the resistant Mendocino mites. Ive used Neem, azamax,and even pyrethrins and pyrethrein bombs. That shit doesnt work on this kind of mite. They come back even after multiple treatments.

I suffered for a year and a half with those little bastards, Bottles of Azamax and neem, and sprays. I was trying to be organic and my weed was getting wasted in bud each time.

I made up a half gallon of the mectin stuff. 100 ml? I sprayed down 2 grow areas and about 50 plants that were covered in mites.

It absolutely nuked them, and I havnt seen one since. That was about february. The plants were allowed to continue vegging then were budded. It was 13 weeks before the weed was picked. Mectins are supposedly gone in 7-8 weeks. Those were the best buds ever. Super healthy plants.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Hey guys,
So I chopped a couple plants down due to the mites. I chopped, then moved them outside-so when the mites left the plant, they weren't all over my house. I was just wondering if some of those little bastards will stay in the buds?

Maximo

Forbid 4F miticide is my new favorite

Forbid 4F miticide is my new favorite

Just my 2¢ about my experience with Forbid™ 4F miticide by Bayer, they kill my headaches and now my mite problem, thanks Bayer.

I've been battling mites for 20+ years, I've tried so many products, and a few worked somewhat but most just barley kept them at bay, my garden size is larger than most (6kw+) so trying to beat, but just keeping at bay the borg has been a real challenge for me, then I heard of Forbid just 6 weeks ago and read up on it and decided to try it, mite (lol) as well huh?. I ordered some from ebay, I used it at its recommended full strength taking note of its warnings, and have in the last 5 weeks sprayed my plants 3 times with Forbid and can say that this is the best miticide I've ever used, checks on lower and upper leaves of the plants show almost zero mites, I did find like 2 on 3 leaves checked today, before it would have been 20+ per leaf at times, man there almost gone, its amazing, I'm seriously impressed with Forbids killing power. I do believe that continued use will lead to a 100% eradication of my mite problem?, will see.

Its odorless, looks like milk and very easily emulsifies with water, does not change my PH, its super concentrated and you only use 1.2ml per gallon (4L), this small bottle will make an estimated 16 gallons (64L) of spray, and short of a systematic pesticide which I wish someone would make for us, this stuff is my best recommendation to you all.

picture.php

Older garden pic to show size.

picture.php

Peace out Hash Scouts
Hash Scout Leader #420

Max

Maximo

My follow-up is that I'm 100% mite free due to forbid, I have not sprayed the plants since 8-3 at all and not a mite to be found today, and if they do return I think that just 1 treatment of forbid will do. But my plants have never looked better and more importantly been happier, and I'm sure they will reward me back.

Max

guerilla415

Heres another vote for forbid if you want total eradication.

Ive tried other methods that "controlled" the mites while the forbid 4f absolutely wipes them out completely...just dont overspray. Keep it to the low to medium end of the strngth on the bottle and only medium if needed.

I oversprayed my plants and lost quite a few BUT its been months and the mites and everything else for that matter is gone.

If u want to stay organic or are flowering atm then try something else, but to get rid of them once and for all hit em with forbid and sanitize the room/house, then just keep good growroom practices like showering/washing before entering the room, wearing gloves when nessicary, having different clothes and footwear (non porous preferred) to wear in the room etc. and you'll be pest free :D

There are also many places that sell small amounts of forbid and the like instead of having to buy the whole $200+ bottle. Check ebay or http://www.avidgardenpro.com for a good deal on a legit product. i went with avidgardenpro myself and couldnt be happier.

Best of luck to any of you fighting the good fight. If anyone is in dire need of something to get rid of spider mites send me a pm as i have quite a bit of the forbid and floramite left over :)

take care and stay safe

guerilla

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Still battling my mite issue... If used as a foliar spray, does Azamax, Azatrol, or Don't Bug Me kill spidermite eggs, or just the adults?-or vice versa?? I also have some Liquid Ladybug, but i'm pretty sure that it doesn't kill the eggs. The local store started selling SNS217, & I guess that kills the eggs though. I guess I will just have to keep switching it up. Thanks again guys!

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Mite free still

Mite free still

I used plant Vitality spray once, while in veg in the beginning of March. Ive seen no mites since. And those were the Mendocino mites, that can live through most anything. Good luck to You all. Dont get bummed out. Just learn, and take action at the right time.

Latest posts

Latest posts