What's new

'Spicy Cheese & Saxon Axe'

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hazeseeker said:
do you reckon outdoor grown bud gives a better high than Indoor grown?, would like to try an outdoor grow sometime :yes:

The plants were grown underglass (not outdoors). Sure plants grown under natural light give a different vibe when smoked,, while bud density and yield is often compromised,,, we'd argue that plants grown naturally can still produce a really nice profile of resin :joint:

Growing under the sun also generates much less stress on the homegrower than growing under lamps,, there's absolutely no cost and no fire risk :D

Cheers cMoon :D

axe (from clone)

Last edited:
E

ElectroSticky

Just dropping by to say HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jump:

Great vibes docleaf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rasta:

lovelightpower

Veteran
i now have 1 bubble-axe flowering :)

2-3weeks it's been in the flower room. minimal stretch good flower formation so far. fair amount of resin with a nice smell (cant actually put my finger on what it smells like yet).

but things are just getting warm.

mother and father are beasts now, took 25 cuts off the female and 4 off the male. i took loads more of different types as well, so these wont all be for me.

as the 1 female in the flower room develops i will decide how much space i will dedicate to the strain. looking good so far ;D

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool,, . keeping spread the roots n the culture will follow dude,, :wink:

'Bubble Axe' and 'Misty Axe' are both good for SOG gardens IMO.. but the many original Saxon Axe (shaggy, n emerald types) stretch more in the nodes.. :canabis:

If anyone finds the time ,, then back a Bubble Axe clone to Northern Lights male stock ,, inbreed for some generations and yo got a nice glasshouse / outdoor ibl ,, we kid ya not :dance:

Keep it Organic!!!

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Saxon Axe tends to bolt between flowers like this...

..we think its the Thai in the NL in Saxon Axe that makes it do that,, :chin: ,, but personally i ni nah mind about bolting at this stage...

The Sensi Star in Axe lines is the only thing that's major f-d up.. no-one but the breeders know the lineage,, so we're all in ppl pockets looking for guesses,, alas this is the part we are progressively working to remove from these Axe lines,, by introducing fresh relaible genetics each time... jah bless GrowDoc :canabis:

This is for the Gz,,, yeah this is for Hustlas... keep it dope

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74AiUh7muQE

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Axe (clone),, get what we sayin',, nodal jumps..

Bubble Axe,, doing it's thang,, with a musky twang,,

.. this Bubble Axe has inherited a little bit of Growdoc's Angel Dust by the looks of it,, early flowering and loaded with resin.. :D

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Saxon Axe (female clone top),, Bubble Axe (male clone bottom),,,

Jah bless BeAn and LoveLightPower for making this 1 happen :yes: :canabis:

Last edited:

lovelightpower

Veteran
jah bless docLeaf, love and respect every time.

looking forward to seeing what you do with these beauties man, needless to say they are in safe hands.

;)

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Saxon Axe (shaggy type clone) on macro...

....not sure how many days,, must be around 56 plus.

peace out all :joint:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bubble Axe on macro...

This line does exactly what we wanted it to,, the Bubble Dust influence makes this Axe better for SOG grows,, more contained and compact,,, n greasier for making better bubblehash

Even the soil flies dare not fly near this plant for fear of getting trapped in the icky-icky :D

Big up da Viking :canabis:

Last edited:
K

Karma Genetics

Doc you are a treu champ in my book. Just wanted you to know. I love your dedication to the herb. I should realy grow somthing from you next year. Yes i am sorry i have not yet experiencd your work.

Power to ya man

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yo Karma G.. very kind words,, thanks :yes:

Sure thing,, the family Axe seems to grow bigger each season... with 'Diesel Axe' dusted n to one side :dance:,,, we now start the quest in finding just the right skunk genetics to combine to make a 'Happy Axe' line :D

peace peace peace
dLeaf :joint:

lovelightpower

Veteran

some phone shots of the bubble axe. i twisted some leaves with a dose of superthrive mixed with cannazyme and bio-rhyzotonic, plus usual nutrients.
i wont be trying that one again. i always put away my bottle of superthrive thinking "never again", then i hear of someone doing really well with it, and get it out again.

these are from yesterday, i can see more swelling of the calyxes today. gettin there! ;)

got a new computer, next on the list is a proper camera.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cool LLP ,, thanks for sharing :yes: Bubble Axe finishes slightly quicker than Saxon Axe,, and carries a petrol scent like Angel Dust as the flowers ripen :canabis:

All the best
peace dL :joint:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The only problem is that we run the risk of poly-hybridizing the line further with each cross,, and the lines loose vigor and grow smaller. Saxon Axe has plenty vigor in the F1,, so does Bubble Dust,, but the combination of vigor doesn't always make for very vigorous plants,, in the next generation. Misty Axe on the other hand grew like a soldier from the start,, :chin:

Since we grow for fun,, making some seeds from some of the plants we wanted to keep,, well,, that's just a way of having even more fun... n a way of learnin' on the way. The King of Kings lift us off the floor,, him say "life is thing, when ya learn ya grow" :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FF24l_gYT8

Last edited:

lovelightpower

Veteran
so is it wise to stabilise a strain by running f2, f3 etc before crossing strains, which were f1 hybrids?

someone already suggested back crossing my psycho-sister to the psycho again, would this stabilise it making it more suitable for crossing again, to make another f1? (i dont know in ins and outs of what makes a true f1).