What's new

Southern Star Seeds Grow

G

GG Allin

GG Allin

I do have a liking for a good strong extract.
GG Allin is an ideal plant to concentrate.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Canon 009 - Copy.jpg
    Canon 009 - Copy.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 24
  • _MG_8286 - Copy.jpg
    _MG_8286 - Copy.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 20
  • _MG_8295 - Copy.jpg
    _MG_8295 - Copy.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 23

Lesnah

^ Hah! simply splendid UNI!!!!

I have a little hash press I'll be utilizing as well....can't seem to find it now but it'll turn up eventually.

I'm expecting to press some hash from the indica pheno of the sinai strain whenever I get to it.

And your little seedlings look great, loving the light green color.

Lesnah

update on Nanan Bouclou seedling, the only plant I have going...

The plant looked a little weary as of yesterday...and I noticed it now has spider mites, which is probably weakening it somehow. So today I gently squeezed the leaves with the spider mites on it to take them off. I guess I'll be rubbing them off on a daily basis so that they can't do any substantial harm.

Despite that minor set back, it's growing fine in my opinion. Still haven't watered myself, letting nature do it's thing. I'll be moving it to a larger container within the next week. I'll also prepare an ACT tea for the first feeding. Then I'll try out Cannabiogen's Delta 9 for the remainder of it's life.

Not sure if it'll even survive, I'll be putting it outdoors somewhere, which I haven't had much luck with. I also don't care if it's a male or female I just want to see it to the end. A hermy would bother me though lol

More updates in a few days....

Oh I forgot to mention, so far it has a light basil scent with a bit of lemongrass. Hard to tell if it's getting stronger since I blew black pepper on it as an experiment against the spider mites-which has been overcoming the basil odor. I also sprinkled rosemary onto the topsoil to see if that protects against spider mites as well. I'll see tomorrow.

Last edited:

Lesnah

^ Now it's at 2 weeks old I believe, it's looking fine. I haven't seen more spider mites since I rubbed them off but I'll be vigilant. I can tell this one will be a bit viney compared to the sinai I grew last year, it's already at the same height the sinai was 4 weeks into life. Haven't fed anything yet.

dsjohnston

I was told the spidermites lay eggs we cannot see and should use Aza Max or SM-90 on a regular schedule, I tried diluting neem oil and ended up killing several plants. I don't know what I done wrong. Good luck. dsjohnston

dsjohnston

Hi Lesnah, is it possible to find out where to get the Himalayan Cultivar, or is it something private ? Thank you, dsjohnston

Lesnah

@ dsjohnston, yea so I've read concerning spider mites here and there...so far things are good....the constant rain seems to be deterring any further infestations, supposedly spider mites can't thrive in wet conditions.

As for the "himalayan cultivar", I do not own any, I was simply going by similarities in leaf structure and growing behavior so far. I've seen quite a few grows featuring himalayan lines from The Real Seed Company. I also feel that the seedling I'm growing looks similar to some mexican lines.

idiit

Veteran
picture.php

^ png red "red tipped lettuce" seedling from nanan bouclou getting flowered out. she was topped and defoliated and then "revegged" re secondary leaves prior to flowering to control stretchiness.
picture.php

"red tipped lettuce" pheno just indicated female and stems are starting to show red. if she doesn't go 'mad he-she' I gots me a breeder png red female for my 'png red' male pollen stored on q-tips.

^ pretty big deal imo if this cape tribulation sativa is a real deal 'png red' landrace. very rare indeed.

the more png dom the female the more interesting the smoko imo.

Haitian dom. is bright, clean energetic task weed. the png dom smokes more like good purple haze high effects with terpenes in the smoke aroma delicious like great santa marta Colombo but different.

will be a real treat to smoke the very png red dom bud for the first time. everything else before has had noticeable wld Haitian genetics influence.

don't let the wld influence in Haitian fool you. she smokes like top notch sativa as lesnah and I have posted.

Lesnah

@ Idiit, not sure if the Cape Tribulation Sativa is the PNG but I will love to have it even if it's not. Cape Tribulation Sativa would be the only one of it's kind so to speak. Supposedly PNG is originally Australian Cannabis which in turn came from India somewhere. I read this when I came upon the "Hunter's Valley Sativa" in one of the many epic threads here on IC and other forums.

Cape Tribulation itself is a UNESCO site. It is supposedly one of the oldest Rainforests in the world which is still relatively in tact. I for one, would call it Cape Trib Sativa over PNG. I'm really looking forward to your smoke report once you have that ready.

As for the Haitian WLD, I've been smoking some "Newer Strains" in the NYC area with these fancy names and oh it's from Colorado SPrings, and Orgon and blah blah blah....I dare say, I would go with the Haitian any day. Most smokes out there smell great at first, and once you light it....the terpenes fade so quickly. The Haitian is the exact opposite, it does not smell skunky at all. I'm a sucker for the faint lavender scent it exudes. Once burned, the Lavender smell enhances and you can literally taste that terpene. Definitely a smoke which carries unique taste which can be locked into the gene-pool.

It may not be "LOUD" like most stuff out there, but when we consider stuff like Puray, Purple Haze, Blueberry, olden tropical Sativas, even some Pakistani stuff, you're talking about unique scents with introspective highs.

I'll take introspective high over bag appeal.

Keep us Posted ID, I'll have some new pics up soon.

argyle_bagel

Southern Star Seeds - Golden Fleece - Flower Wk 8/9

Southern Star Seeds - Golden Fleece - Flower Wk 8/9

This is a freebie tester strain I received from Southern Star Seeds as part of Black Friday sales last year.

8.5 weeks after flipping the light to 12/12
Veg period: ~ 5-6 weeks
Medium: coco/perlite
Pot system: Autopot Hydropak
Light: Mars Hydro Reflector 144*5w
Nutrients (flowering): Lucas + silica & calmag in the autopot reservoir, with the occasional topfeed of kelp/seaweed/seagrass formula.

Full gallery here:
https://imgur.com/a/1ki84

J5dtLK9.jpg

4nGaEwY.jpg

1CxuyRM.jpg

59Yxky8.jpg

CBVzTuG.jpg

These photos were taken last week, I am harvesting this weekend.

Thanks.

argyle_bagel

what was the parentage? Any ideas?

Hi Uniborzum I loved your photos in the last few pages.

All I know about Golden Fleece that it is 60/40 ind/sat F1.
I received and germed 4 seeds. 3 were male which left me with this beauty.

Just harvested the GF and a SSS Charles Cosby over the last few nights.
The GF turned a dark purple the night before I started harvest, and the Cosby went even darker.
I had left the lights off for the last few days hoping the cold nights might add some colour. Worked a treat!

All drying at the moment, will post some harvest photos after I have put them to cure.

G

SSS breeding.

SSS breeding.

Keep up the good work AB.
My cross breeding and true to type pollination of SSS gear is going to to take some sifting through to get to the best of types. I used GG Allin, Chopper Read and Nice Chunk males on all of those with two phenotype's of each, plus three different Walter White girls. Have a lot of work plus fun times ahead extracting the best of each type.
I made many combinations with 19 different pollination's.
The seed appears to be very viable and the Chopper Read male x Walter White female seedlings are quite happily chugging along through our wet cold winter.. outside.
I reckon we have had a real late extended period of good weather, my nursery mate was saying that the season is really late this year, he had some very nice Reed avocados ready for me, will put them in this summer.
Gotta be happy with the balmy weather we get in Oz!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Lesnah

I recieved some Golden Fleece seeds as well last year, supposedly it is a Mango Haze/ Mango Jack Herer.

I tried growing a few beans here and there but they haven't succeeded due to mishaps with my environment.

I think SSS will be releasing the GF within the next year or two.

G

I see.. that does make life interesting. Not in a good way when it comes to taking care of business.

argyle_bagel

I recieved some Golden Fleece seeds as well last year, supposedly it is a Mango Haze/ Mango Jack Herer.

I am too much of a novice to guess parentage but yes, based on the smell I am not surprised there are some mango types in there.
It is a great plant, I have made some clones and am going to run it again.