What's new

Southern Star Seeds Grow

G

I may even get motivated and cross this type with some of the better SSS plants this season, food for thought.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4519 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_4519 - Copy.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 23

bushweed

Veteran
Typical mullum structure on that Chopper Read, hats off for getting it done in a pot. Also interesting to note that mullums crossed to haze types often produce mango terpene profiles...

G

Thanks for the information on the plant bushweed, I think this one is worth spending some time on. Had been chasing this type of plant for years and it has been worth the wait.

idiit

Veteran
Haitian dom out of nanan bouclou. these are actually bud 'seconds" as first pics deleted due to security threat while back.

Haitian has two great attributes imo:

1) try finding this type of bud structure with an up, energetic clean sativa high effect for adding bud structure to whispy extreme sats in hybrids.

2). the high effects are unique; you know you're high. no one else can tell. doesn't debilitate congnition. makes this great task weed imo.

buds came in under hot/humid conditions aprox. late October finish from clone put out early june iirc. bud mostly formed out while still hot and humid. heat and humidity cause darker colors/tones. soil amendment wasn't quite right. I've seen indoor run of this clone finish pretty frosty. i'm using Albrecht's calcium mix ratio in heavy applications on soil amendments this year and I suspect this year's harvest will be much prettier and probably smoke better as well. clay soil has a tendency to swing highly acidic during hot weather and impedes proper bud formation in terms of bag appeal and potency.

YO! Albrecht! proof's in the puddin'. we'll soon find out.

picture.php

Lesnah

Haitian dom out of nanan bouclou. these are actually bud 'seconds" as first pics deleted due to security threat while back.

Haitian has two great attributes imo:

1) try finding this type of bud structure with an up, energetic clean sativa high effect for adding bud structure to whispy extreme sats in hybrids.

2). the high effects are unique; you know you're high. no one else can tell. doesn't debilitate congnition. makes this great task weed imo.

buds came in under hot/humid conditions aprox. late October finish from clone put out early june iirc. bud mostly formed out while still hot and humid. heat and humidity cause darker colors/tones. soil amendment wasn't quite right. I've seen indoor run of this clone finish pretty frosty. i'm using Albrecht's calcium mix ratio in heavy applications on soil amendments this year and I suspect this year's harvest will be much prettier and probably smoke better as well. clay soil has a tendency to swing highly acidic during hot weather and impedes proper bud formation in terms of bag appeal and potency.

YO! Albrecht! proof's in the puddin'. we'll soon find out.

View Image

Reminds me of Keralan Skunk...

Looks very promising.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Nice work everyone posting their genetics from Southern Star Seed :good:
Some killer looking chunky dankness in those Chopper Reid and others :yoinks:
Stay Safe and Grow On
:plant grow:

Lesnah

How do I post pics here?

I was lucky enough to get some Nanan Bouclou bud....gonna give it a good smoke in a few days to assess it better....but so far I had a tiny puff and the high came in fast.

It had me jittery with pressure in my head (not a headache) and warmth on my neck.

Definitely task weed indeed, I had to exercise to get the excess energy out. That was from 1 puff.

The bud smells like a lightly scented Lavender flower with a bit of a subtle dank undertone. The smell is definitely growing on me, I guess I can say NB has a low bark but a pretty strong bite to her.

Definitely like this.

Will post again in a few days.

KITCHA

Veteran
I like the sound of the NB, The straight PNG would give you the same high it was pretty overpowering and would send some people into panic attacks!

Reactions: xet

Lesnah

@ Idiit...I found out about his cross about 2 years ago on a random forum. I asked about it but the forum went offline not too long after I posted my question.

He was also on TSD.

idiit

Veteran
there are only a very few sources of Haitian and png available as hybrids that I've come across. very interesting coincidence that snow has the same cross as sss.

snow is not offering this Haitian/png for sale from what I've seen of his listings. he might just like the red look of the png and posted a pic. he does use seed stock from other vendors in his hybrids.

Lesnah

there are only a very few sources of Haitian and png available as hybrids that I've come across. very interesting coincidence that snow has the same cross as sss.

snow is not offering this Haitian/png for sale from what I've seen of his listings. he might just like the red look of the png and posted a pic. he does use seed stock from other vendors in his hybrids.

Yea like the Iron Cindy from rev. His Metal Dragon was one of his combo's that always caught my attention.

Lesnah

Here is a seedling of the Nanan Bouclou, about time....it might not survive since somebody ripped out all the weed in the area where I have it and surely saw this little beer cup. I'll get a new location tomorrow if it's still there when I show up. If not, I'll pop another one, I need to get a NB plant going badly.

Lesnah

Will be observing with interest Lesnah.

Thank you for your interest, I hope to do these genetics justice like you....

The seedling is stacking pretty rapidly, this is it today....I haven't watered or anything, simply put it into a simple organic potting soil. It's been raining pretty hard, I thought the rain and wind would damage the seedling, but it's simply been getting stronger. The meristem is pretty thick. The leaf structure looks like a himalayan cultivar-somewhat sativa but with thicker serations like some sort of modern day hybrid. I've also noticed, most of the plants I grow have a very light green coloration....maybe it's due to not feeding til later on in it's life.

G

The process of growing a small seed to a fully mature plant is a wondrous thing to behold.
Then the magic within is finally revealed completing the cycle, one of the better satisfying parts of life.

G

Chopper Read X Walter White

Chopper Read X Walter White

Chopper Read male x Walter White female.
These are a couple of young seedlings from a seed viability test I am conducting from the last summers grow. 5 from 5.
The Walter White was a very resinous bright white flowered female. The finished product was an extremely resinous strong potent smoke, a little unsettling at first given the fast onset and vibrant energizing high.
The sort of busy high that makes you put the rubbish bins out for collection on the wrong day.
The Chopper Read male was a strong vigorous diesel citrus smelling type, very pungent.
It is now a wet cold rainy mid winter for me but as suspected the seasons are changing somewhat, and they are thriving among my garlic patch. Not expecting anything from these plants, its simply a seed test.

Shall submit a proper report of this cross breed when my grow season commences.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• CR x WW.jpg
    CR x WW.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 13
  • CR x WW2.jpg
    CR x WW2.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 17
  • CR x WW3.jpg
    CR x WW3.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 18
G

Chopper Read

Chopper Read

A small sample of this seasons fruits... The red flowers are a second pheno type of the Chopper Read, smaller more condensed flowers, this one is extra strong, I have smoked it once and can attest that it has very good qualities.
Given that I only smoke less than a handful of times a year, my stocks are mostly given away to the hardcore lads.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 29.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_9854 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_9854 - Copy.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Latest posts