What's new

Southern Cannabis Alliance (SCA manifesto)

wspman

Found something really cool

Found something really cool

Hey Folks

I found something really cool and wanted to share. I'm sure everybody's like me and cramped for space in the hobby room. I always have an issue with the floor fan, gotta move to water and stuff. It's in the way big time but ya got have one. Well, I was in the local Costco and they have a nice wall mount fan. It's so cool, mounts out of the way, all metal construction and moves a lot of air. Kinda pricey at 40 bucks but I can now put a plant in the floor space occupied by the fan which is worth way more than forty bucks. Wanted to give everyone a head's up before they're gone.

Peace

I found one of my plants with a ball on the bottom node which obviously means shes hermie. This morning i went to pull it off and noticed 2 more going up the branch at each node and pulled them as well. My question is would yall keep her even though she'd have hopefully seeds only on that one branch from the bottom node.

yeah i got the time they are on day 25 ww's got a long flower cycle like up to 80 days doubtful they'll go that long but we'll see. Hopefully they only finish early.

wspman

Toker, my friend, the first thing I would do is check for light leaks during the night cycle. This is best done by being in the room right when the light goes off. Look around in the dark for any light leaking in from the outside. This is the major cause of nanners. If you have a leak and stop it, the nanners may stop as well.

What breeder's ww did you plant?

Peace

Its nirvana and i bought feminized seeds I'm going to complain to the company. Yeah the thing is that I'm almost positive no light gets in I'm very anal about that. I don't know a little disappointing but it's the hand I was dealt. Thanks for the help I'm going to look check my room when the lights go out. I was thinking that if i cut the entire branch off at that node where there were the balls. Doubtful it will work though

What do yall think will happen if i take one of my plants that's on day25 of flower and put it outside in the sun. Will it fuck it up and send it back into veg or will it continue to flower and pay off in spades.

I take it that you meant that the sunlight is declining, yeah but they've been on 12/12 for 25 days do you think they'd adjust to the switch and have you ever heard of anyone doing this b4? just curious since one of my two turned out hermie on a lower branch that I'd stick her outside and let her get huge since there will be seeds all in the buds. I'd end up getting more bud.

wspman

Ever hear of this

Ever hear of this

Hope everybody had a great weekend. Something happened this weekend that I have never seen before, I had 2 males indicate sex while they were still in the veggie room under 24 hour light. Now I have heard about auto flower strains but this ain't one of them. I didn't catch um before they dropped their load but who looks for nanners in the veggie room. Shit blows my mind. Anybody ever hear of something like this?

Peace

I've heard it's better to let them show sex in veg cause the won't have to strech to much extra to reach maturity like randude101 said also doesn't stress it to much if you switched earlier to 12/12. I just didn't know how old or big sorry wspman i wasn't trying to scare you.

wspman

nah not at all, how old are they. Damn that sounds odd to me sorry one of my widows turned hermie so i feel ya. Sorry wspman

Beans were popped on 6-10 so they are 7 weeks old, almost.

And it's not a Big deal because my flower room (I hope) is far enough away from the veggies that none of the buds got any pollen. Then it would be a BIG deal:)

And these were expensive seeds, supersilversourdieselhaze from the icmag fundraiser on the bay. I'm not bitchin or nothin', I expect to sex and remove males, ( Toker these were males not hermies) but I usually don't have to do that until the second week of flowering or later. Just blew my mind seeing balls hanging all over what turned out to be 2 plants. Be nice if the girls would do the same and start flowering:)

And I wanted to let everyone know, might save somebody's flower room because their veggie was too close if the same thing happened to them.

Just mind blowin shit.

Peace

wspman

I have heard of plants showing sex while in veg before, nothing to be alarmed about.

They flower when they reach sexual maturity. Photo period changes effect them faster and more reliably.

Thanks, I was wondering if anybody a ever heard of such a thing. I would never even think to look for a plant to sex under 24 hour daylight. Still blows my mind. And a haze too, they are usually slow to flower in the first place. Just blows my mind.

Peace

wspman

Save some of the pollen and make a few beans...

Better than that, I have clones of all, even males. Still can't decide which way to go on the pollen.

a. Pick the best male and go with it.

b. Pick the best 3 males and mix their pollen which gives a more diverse pool of genetics.

Still gotsome reading to do, feel free to post input.

Peace

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
hello fellow southerners!
I had some seeds of an afghani x chronic that sexed late in veg (all females) and it turned out to be real nice bud. I don't know why they did that but I was pretty happy they did.

BRNEYDBVR

b. Pick the best 3 males and mix their pollen which gives a more diverse pool of genetics.

IMO....this would be the route to travel. Like you said, this will give a more diverse pool in the F2 generation.

It's awesome that you have clones of all the plants....always a safe bet, just in case.

Can't wait to see some pics!

:joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts