What's new

Sour Diesel Vs. New York City Diesel

S

stickey fingers

REZ, Thanks for the very insightful post in regards to some of
the info on SD for me its humbleing to know how picticuler
or excat things have to be, like i didnt already know that :biggrin: i am just like a workin progress
:ying: things always seem to be subjective,i do not understand
hateing on either SD or NYCD i really LOVE ! them both
SPECICAL THANKS, REZ
RIP DR JAY

Liven

I do have one question. If it's not a f5 how is it a "true" IBL? I ask, because I want to learn. Not argue.
And you did say you where open for discussion. I was wrong about you maybe using Dutch genetics. But I did say I was not shure. Though I am pretty shure that a true IBL is a f5. Am I wrong on that?
Peace
Liven.

Liven

REZ, Thanks for the very insightful post in regards to some of
the info on SD for me its humbleing to know how picticuler
or excat things have to be, like i didnt already know that :biggrin: i am just like a workin progress
:ying: things always seem to be subjective,i do not understand
hateing on either SD or NYCD i really LOVE ! them both
SPECICAL THANKS, REZ
RIP DR JAY
Hope someday you get to try the "original" cut. You won't want to waste your money on NYCD. If you want a hybrid with the same kind of high, and close to the same taste. You can get/grow some Fire!

BudZad7

Chemdawg Colorado Cut

Chemdawg Colorado Cut

Hello All!!!:tiphat: Very informative info !!! Breeding is such a Cool hobby/profession....!:) Back in the late 60's,& late 70's, there was a lot of breeding taking place on the west coast, all the various strains from around the world, would wind up in Cali during those times....So,
there was a good collection to choose from, and sometimes we mix and blend different strains together in a joint to see what the effect would be like, and now and then it would be a Magic joint, that would kick ass on all who took a toke or two, and that was all a person needed, and would last 4+ hrs or longer....these strains were grown in there respected countries and outdoor with seeds all in the buds,that was our seed bank....Anyway, now look how it is, we have seed company's and you can order to your hearts content, and get clones also!!! So, things are getting better slowly!!!:) Listening to Beck !!!
So,the Chemdawg Colorado Cut is the real deal...? Then OG Kush Tahoe cut '96/97, ECSD cut from Mass? All these are the source or original ???? Are all these S-1's.then clones taken after ???:wave:

Liven

To sum it up quick. '91 chem is the original cut that grew the buds bought at the G.D. show off Chemdog. In that "Joe" found 13 seeds. Popped some, 4 pheno's grew D/#4 being there choice pheno. That is the diesel that made ECSD. just go back to around page 13 and there is a whole story, chart of full lineage for first 6 gen. It is informative.

BudZad7

OG Kush ??

OG Kush ??

:tiphat:Hi All! As per my earlier post, do you know what is in '91 Chemdawg ? Is it Paki kush, + ??? thanks for your help!!:) Then when it S-1 itself, it went towards the Kush side, as the old farmer said,there was some kush in the mix....??

Liven

I have no clue if this is true, or not. But the only thing i have ever found as an answer is something that the name means "old world kush" but it is kafiristanica. But that I have never been able to get an answer to. Sorry if I read your ? fast. I could be completely wrong.

Bi0hazard

Veteran
To sum it up quick. '91 chem is the original cut that grew the buds bought at the G.D. show off Chemdog. In that "Joe" found 13 seeds. Popped some, 4 pheno's grew D/#4 being there choice pheno. That is the diesel that made ECSD. just go back to around page 13 and there is a whole story, chart of full lineage for first 6 gen. It is informative.

One small, specifics. Chem '91 was one of the seeds popped from the bag of seeds he got at the GD show. Out of the first batch of seeds chem popped, the chem '91 was the closest to the bud they smoked at the show. It might have been very similar to the original bud they smoked, but Chem 91 is definitely from one of the first 4-5 seeds they popped from the bagseed - which is different than the actual cut that grew the GD bud. They popped a couple at a time, Chem 91 was the winner of the first batch (with chems sister and others), then a couple years later they popped more beans and got Chem D. Then a little later they got shipped more seeds from Joe and thats where the Chem 3, 4 and others came from.

Joe, the original grower of the herb they smoked at the GD show said Chem 4 was the most like the original bud he grew, and called that the reunion strain =]

Just a little clearing up. But Chem 91, D, 3, 4, chems sister etc all came from seeds from the bud.

Dank Regards,
Bi0hazard

Bi0hazard

Veteran
I think the genetics of Chemdog lineage are unknown or secret. Someone claimed that it had kush genetics in it, which led to the Chem 91 S1 aka OG Kush being named Ocean Grow Kush. But that is just hearsay, I don't think its known.

Liven

Sorry to give off false info. Thats how i understood it. I am still trying to learn all of this. So what is the beginning cut called or is that unknown?

sister act

sister act

picture.php

picture.php

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Sorry to give off false info. That's how i understood it. I am still trying to learn all of this. So what is the beginning cut called or is that unknown?

No worries, it's a lot to take in. I've been following it for a bit - so I've been over it a couple times =] But the genetics of the original cut are technically unknown. I haven't heard if Joe ever gave the info on it, but all the places I've asked or checked has come back with "genetics unknown". Supposedly Joe got it from some Mountain/Motor Bikers? who gave him the cuts explaining how killer it was - but without any info on the genetics behind it. But again this is hearsay - there isn't much valid speculation about it either, I think if anyone would know it would be Chem. But it could easily be that Joe didn't know to begin with.

Liven

No worries, it's a lot to take in. I've been following it for a bit - so I've been over it a couple times =] But the genetics of the original cut are technically unknown. I haven't heard if Joe ever gave the info on it, but all the places I've asked or checked has come back with "genetics unknown". Supposedly Joe got it from some Mountain/Motor Bikers? who gave him the cuts explaining how killer it was - but without any info on the genetics behind it. But again this is hearsay - there isn't much valid speculation about it either, I think if anyone would know it would be Chem. But it could easily be that Joe didn't know to begin with.
C, I just assumed it was a pre'91 like pre'98Bubba. But they call it that because it was the year it was really discovered. I thought D was '91 because Joe got the beans that year. And now to know that #4 is different than D... Great informative reading. But still there is no name, or known origin at all? And by some it is called Dogbud. :thinking: Thanks Bio.

BudZad7

kafiristanica/Reunion pheno ??

kafiristanica/Reunion pheno ??

:tiphat: Hay all!!! This is some discussion we have here on this strain &
variants of it.....The next question is where's the Reunion pheno ??
Also, this Kafiristanica strain you mentioned has a Lemon smell in the description of it, maybe this is where the OG Kush got some of the Lemon from the Kush side ??? in the Orig Chemdog cut he got from the bikers and when the Chemdog cut produced S-1 seed, that trait came thru, what do you think ??:)

Liven

Also how come everytime I EVER get into a real discussion about S.D. it turns to ECSD, then Chem D, and eventually the "Story" ?
My opinion to sum it up on this thread, is ECSD is an elite strain. But when you smoke any seed copy. It is comparable to NYC. At that point it is what you prefer. So if the clone only cut is not an option. And we are going on cuts grown from seeds. I prefer S.D. still. But I personally don't like Dutch Genetics. So NYCD is not one I will ever favor.

BudZad7

NYCD ??

NYCD ??

:tiphat:Hello !!! Regarding NYCD In the story, it said that Soma got the seeds from a Rasta dude in NYC, so he got American genetics to begin with, then he went back to Amsterdam and started his breeding
with it, is this correct? So, basically half of NYCD is American genetics
and half is his Afghan/Hawaiian genetics...is this correct? So as far as Dutch genetics? What is Dutch genetics mean from your point of view?
Where did Soma get his Afghan/Hawaiian genetics from ? And the same question of American genetics also from the Rasta dude? Lots of
questions LOL!!!:) Here's a pic of a clone of NYCD leaf structure is this the Real deal please help

Attachments

• IMG_6171.jpg
    IMG_6171.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 14

Liven

:tiphat: Hay all!!! This is some discussion we have here on this strain &
variants of it.....The next question is where's the Reunion pheno ??
Also, this Kafiristanica strain you mentioned has a Lemon smell in the description of it, maybe this is where the OG Kush got some of the Lemon from the Kush side ??? in the Orig Chemdog cut he got from the bikers and when the Chemdog cut produced S-1 seed, that trait came thru, what do you think ??:)

Honestly I don't know what to believe. I mean no one knows? Hard to believe with all the detailed logs of anything in history... But it has some Indica influence, and that could make sense. I mean I heard Kafiristanica is suppose to be an old Lr HinduKush that has very little THC/CBD in it at all. So I really have no clue and this is only what I have read. There is little info on the origin, and none that is pure fact. So I wish I could figure it out to.

Liven

:tiphat:Hello !!! Regarding NYCD In the story, it said that Soma got the seeds from a Rasta dude in NYC, so he got American genetics to begin with, then he went back to Amsterdam and started his breeding
with it, is this correct? So, basically half of NYCD is American genetics
and half is his Afghan/Hawaiian genetics...is this correct? So as far as Dutch genetics? What is Dutch genetics mean from your point of view?
Where did Soma get his Afghan/Hawaiian genetics from ? And the same question of American genetics also from the Rasta dude? Lots of
questions LOL!!!:) Here's a pic of a clone of NYCD leaf structure is this the Real deal please help
If the lineage is true, yes. But if not no. this is it. But you can see it say's probably to many times and it is OriginalDiesel as the American part.
NYC Diesel= O.Diesel Probably x (O.Diesel Probably x Afghani/Hawaiian)
Soma is full of himself. Creating true STORIES and trying to bank off it. Like he has. Creating a much inferior product. JMO.

Liven

Rezdog, Even if I am not a huge fan. I do believe you have done the general public a favor. And did create a decent seed. And am not here to bash you. But I do feel Soma is a snake. And does not hold to any type of moral standard. So if I have a problem with any diesel breeder. It would be him. I was comparing the clone only cut to the f2. And well C'mon, You started this for a reason. I am shure you chose that cut because you liked it, and wanted to work it into a stable seed? If so then you must understand why everyone who gets to try the elite cut. Likes it better vs. "ANY" seed copy. Not bashing your work. Just stating you did it for a reason. And that is ECSD is a sick strain.