What's new

Sour Diesel IBL X OG Bx1 From JLP

just to be crystal clear, the last batch of freebies that went out were the f2 of this cross. this thread was originally for the original backcross if i'm not mistaken. in no way am i complaining, just putting it out there.

VirginHarvester

Veteran
perpetuallylost said:
just to be crystal clear, the last batch of freebies that went out were the f2 of this cross. this thread was originally for the original backcross if i'm not mistaken. in no way am i complaining, just putting it out there.
I've been meaning to ask the question generally about f2s and what difference that makes for future breeding. I am under the impression after a strain has been around a while when we order it it's probably not the first batch, maybe even from seeds grown out that resemble the parent traits and "rebreeded", but that's just a thought I had. So with any strain, how much difference is it to grow f2s, more phenos? IMO, if that were the case with this strain it might make the Kush pheno appear more often which would suit me. But I could have my ideas about breeding all wrong, just been wondering how different an f2 would likely be from the original.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
You'll get more variation with F2s than you would with the initial cross. I'm not sure of the specifics, but it is definitely possible you'll have a better chance of finding more kush phenos with the F2s. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

I have a couple of SDOG's in flower at the moment.

I have a question with regard to seeds from these strain. I had some environmental issues and this caused a nanner or two which resulted in a about a dozen seeds from two plants.

ANygood?

I still have a few clones in variuos stages of developement but was curious.

Talk amoungst yourselves....

minds_I

G

minds_I yes i did a grow and wrote a warning for people to keep in mind that they are susceptible to environmental stress . my first plant did this and as i worked with its
clones the hermie issue went away and their where no nans to be found .it might have been light leaks or heat or just my vigorous feeding so keep it in mind. i do not know
what side it came from the og side or the diesel take our pic.

"You'll get more variation with F2s than you would with the initial cross. I'm not sure of the specifics, but it is definitely possible you'll have a better chance of finding more kush phenos with the F2s. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong."

i was also under the impression the f2 generation would contain more variation. i pm'ed jlp right after the beans went out asking him a few general questions and he mentioned he felt these would be more stable with less variation. i was confused myself as i was under the impression the f2 generation normally showed more variation. i had asked about the chances of getting a coffee pheno and his response was :
I haven't noticed a coffee/chocolate smell yet but anything is possible.I'm hoping for more stability from the f2.No one has grown these seeds yet,only the original cross.

JLP

just thought this info might help. my sdogs never showed up so this info does me little good, i just thought i would pass it on.

G

Quote from JLP:

"I took a couple of Rez's SD IBL fems and pollenated them with a OG Bx 1 male from Sugenite.
I really like the OG,it's a great couchlock that puts my lights out but the yeild is pretty small.The SD adds some weight and flavor to the mix,Rez did a great job on the SD.The 2 together came out pretty good,I've grown several of them so far,they seem to go about 65-70 days or so although you'll get some variation."

215 User

:friends:

Got em'.......

What's next with you JLP? Been on this site since 04' & finally on the receiving end. Can't wait for the next giveaway!

One Love

G

got some pictures of some sdog .i think ther is some Sour diesel in the mix.ther is a few mods manege plans thay are not bad looking .ther is this manege that smells just as good as sdog. i am weighting for my soil to kick of so i can transplant them.

RAGGA MON

MAKE A TING
Veteran
this pheno's kickin da diesel funk hard
14884DSC05752.jpg

P

Peat

I peed a little when I got mine today. :redface: :pointlaug :asskick:

Looking forward to waching everybody grow theirs out!

I can't imagine waiting much longer to get started myself...

(I'm talking minutes, not days...lol)

Thanks JLP :jump:

Last edited:

minds_I

Veteran
minds_I said:
I have a question with regard to seeds from these strain. I had some environmental issues and this caused a nanner or two which resulted in a about a dozen seeds from two plants.

ANygood?

Hello all,

I don't think I was clear as to the nature of the seeds...they are hermie seeds.

I probably opened up a shite slinging topic as to the viablity and the shallowing of the gene pool and once a hermie always a hermie stuff.

My apologies to all for not being clearer.

PS. Did I miss out on yet another sample?

Last edited:
G

this is a sdog in flower it has a red arrow pointing to it around it is bubblegum.