What's new

Sour D 2nd Coco grow

S

Scrappy-doo

The hermie trait is a non-factor. There's only a couple and it's late in flower and they're sterile. I've never had an issue with nute sensitivity in coco. Pleasure of a plant to grow. They may flop on you a little in late flower so be ready for that. I run scrog so it's not an issue for me. I'm talking about the clone only ECSD here if you got something else never mind.

beago

The hermie trait is a non-factor. There's only a couple and it's late in flower and they're sterile. I've never had an issue with nute sensitivity in coco. Pleasure of a plant to grow. They may flop on you a little in late flower so be ready for that. I run scrog so it's not an issue for me. I'm talking about the clone only ECSD here if you got something else never mind.
hey scrappy the herm pollen is not sterile and the balls should be removed,or they could produce seeds just because yours are sterile, doesnt mean all plants are

T

TribalSeeds

the pollen is not sterile, pull the balls off whenever you see one definitely worth it peace

I dont want to get into a Rez discussion, but I keep reading the same thing about this strain on different sites. Ive also heard Aj's cut likes to hermie and the pollen is also usually sterile.
You seem to know more about SD than me, so Im not dismissing anything you say. There is a lot of misinformation out there. Id really like to know the truth, but Im not too worried about hermies late in flower. I wouldnt mind a couple of seeds if its not sterile pollen. Either way, it should be a fun grow.
The girls took a neem bath and are getting some rest right now.

T

TribalSeeds

Thats pretty much what Ive been reading.
I planned to SCROG, but I had to tie them down ASAP. Hopefully I can get them under a screen when I transplant to 3Gal's

D

draco

i remember a few nanners on the first run from seed. got a few seeds too - maybe five or six. i had some light leak issues...

the coco rocks - i got six zips from one SD. 3.5 was the best i did in soil. i'm using the canna products and they work really well, but i miss the flavor that i got from the dirt.

how will you flush them?

T

TribalSeeds

i remember a few nanners on the first run from seed. got a few seeds too - maybe five or six. i had some light leak issues...

the coco rocks - i got six zips from one SD. 3.5 was the best i did in soil. i'm using the canna products and they work really well, but i miss the flavor that i got from the dirt.

how will you flush them?

Ive tried the feed/feed/water w/PBP and Cal/Mag, but this time Im running lower EC w/CNS17. Im trying a half feed every other watering and dont plan to flush at all during this grow until the last week. I dont think I want to cut anything off the plants or water without nutes once. I have a bottle of clearex, but I dont think I will use any flushing agent.
I was planning on letting them go 11 weeks and start decreasing my nutes during week 10 and just let them feed on sweet for the last week. It depends on development, I prefer an amber trich color on SD.
How long did your SD go that yielded 6 oz? How do you like to flush in coco?

D

draco

today is 11 weeks and i have begun the flush only today. i have just used water flushing for five runs or so and can taste no chemical residue...

i had a long veg period on that round - the plant was 2.5 feet when it went to flower. been cutting at about 85 days w/ just a few ambers - maybe 5%.

so you use sweet a week before you chop? i'm thinking of using some molasses...

T

TribalSeeds

today is 11 weeks and i have begun the flush only today. i have just used water flushing for five runs or so and can taste no chemical residue...

i had a long veg period on that round - the plant was 2.5 feet when it went to flower. been cutting at about 85 days w/ just a few ambers - maybe 5%.

so you use sweet a week before you chop? i'm thinking of using some molasses...

I just realized Im almost out of Sweet Raw now and Im still planning on vegging 2-3 more weeks. Ive only added it to a few waterings so far, mostly for the bene's. Before I used plain water at the end but I may have overdone it on the sweet and hydroplex before the flush. The plants were covered in crystals but didnt taste as good as I would have hoped for.
The only thing that keeps me from trying molasses is a worry of bugs. However if it was just during the last week flush it might not be a big deal. The plant sweeteners are supposed to be approved for growing where as molasses is regulated as a food. That leads me to believe the label of molasses seems misleading if you think of it as a plant supplement since it goes by % of daily value as a food. The cal and mag levels cant be what most people think of when they read the label.
I was using sweet mostly for the mag and other supplements since I didnt want to use much esalt. This time I decided to pick up Sea Mag after I started my grow just in case.

T

TribalSeeds

Oops! Its a good thing I caught this, its about half way through the main stem. Looks like I did a poor job when I tied this one down. I noticed it when I was taking the ties out. Luckily this was the only one with damage. It should heal up nicely in a few days.

Granger2

Veteran
Tribal,
You're right about the food molasses label showing percentages of Recommended Daily Allowance [RDA] for human consumption.

If you check horticultural molasses labels you get actual percentages of mins in the Mo. Earth Juice Hi-Brix has 3% K, Botanicare Strapped has 4%. This isn't to say that food grade Mo shouldn't be used or is inferior.

I don't know what you mean about the fear of bugs with Mo. I've never observed ants being attracted or anything like that. All I've observed is health benefits to plants and aromatic benefits. Good luck. -granger

T

TribalSeeds

Today the plants were transplanted to their final 3G homes. This really isnt a scrog, but the net is holding down some leaves that I didnt want to trim and spreading some branches out to get more light to other parts of the plant, while holding down the taller plants. One plant is 2' tied down and bent like crazy. Eventually the net will be used to support massive buds!
The stem that was damaged by the wire-tie didnt recover, consider it topped... Ive had a few other similar problems, a branch from the lower part of another plant that had become the top, snapped when attempting a supercropping maneuver. A similar incident occurred with another plant. I managed to get a stem to grow back together on one plant by using a twist-tie and clamping it back down on its stem.
After transplanting I was doing some trimming and accidentally sliced through one of the last remaining branches on one of the stalks that was accidentally "topped". The net has also ripped atleast two new growth shoots right off. I hope that works the same as topping...
I pre-soaked the coco with CalMag and PBP as usual, but this time I added some ZHO with my Great White and Aquashield, and let it sit for a couple of days. I had suspected one of my girls had some root damage during her LST that may be starting to rot. There was a lot less root mass and there is a brownish tint to the roots. I guess I am now conducting a ZHO and Great White experiment. Hopefully one of them will work, Ive used the GW throughout the grow. The runoff for the infected plant has been segregated.
Flowering will begin in less than a week, Ive had to push things up a bit. Since the time frame for this grow has suddenly changed, Im going to begin adding small amounts of bloom and slowly lead into the transition nutes just before I flip the lights to 12/12. I picked up an 8" Blockbuster to go along with the 6" Blockbuster. The lights are vented by an 8" MaxFan and the room exhaust is the 6" Vortex. I'll be adding the Phresh Filter a few weeks into flower.
I'll be using my MH conversion bulb and an HPS. My T5 will be used instead of the HPS for the first week and then I'll switch the MH conversion bulb out for another HPS after the second week. The conversion bulb will be used again during the last 2 weeks of bloom.
The first two pics below are the plant with all the symptoms of root rot, stunted leaf growth and root development, darkening leaves and brown roots.

T

TribalSeeds

This was my first attempt at FIM and I wasnt sure if I FIM'd on the FIM, if you get my drift... It was cut a week ago and the growth has been really slow and awkward, but it does look like Im getting a couple of shoots out of it.

T

TribalSeeds

Transitional phase

Transitional phase

Flowering :
Week 1 - Day 2

Before I flipped the cycle I picked up a $40 rad heater that the plants seem to love. Its been 68-72 45-50% in the tent with the lights off. Ill let it get a little cooler towards the end of bloom. I also picked up a Temp sensitive C.A.P. Day & Night Fan Speed Controller and got a .25l bottle of Cannazym as a bonus. Hopefully that will help the plant with the rot. It looks like its starting to bounce back and start growing again.

The last pic is where the plant snapped off and I crimped it back together with a wire tie. It was left attached only by a thread

T

TribalSeeds

Day:9

Temps and RH have been perfect. Warm nights when the heater runs with humidty around 50-55%. The lights are less than 2ft away and temps stay around 74-77 with the lights on 45-50%RH.
I was feeding them a transition mix with grow and bloom during week 1. Im starting to cut back on the N. They are just getting CNS17 Bloom(2-2-3) this week and I will start to mix in the rest of my PBP Bloom(1-4-5) next week before mixing into the RIPE(1-5-4) in a couple of weeks.
The last of my Silica Blast was used during veg and I switched to Grotek(0-0-3). This stuff is a lot less clumpy and mixes a lot better than Silica Blast, plus its about half the price. I have also just started using the Big Bud and will probably switch to Hydroplex during week 6. Im not able to find many feeding schedules for 12 week strains.
The T5 worked for the first week of flower but the plants outgrew the lights so I put in the HPS. Im going to switch the sides the HPS and MH conversion are on at the end of the second week. The side with the HPS is stretching a bit more. I have been tying the taller plants down with the ties but Im starting to worry about the support. The net isnt going to offer much support for them so Im trying to figure something else out.

Buddler

Veteran
Nice grow TS, One thing you could do is pull the screen before plants grow through it ,And use bamboo stakes for support then you can move the plants around if you have to for trimming or defoliating through out flower.:tiphat: B

T

TribalSeeds

Im counting down the days before I feel comfortable pruning. I cut off some a week before flower and plan to remove more leaf and a couple of the lower budsites during week 3 and hopefuly keep it cleaned up during bloom.
The plants under the HPS appear to be in full stretch mode, so I don't wanna upset them. I switched the sides the bulbs were on today during lights out. I think Ill keep the screen, tie some buds to the top of the tent and tape some sort of stakes to the pots. The main stems aren't sticking very far out of the pots. There was no space wasted there. I have atleast another 3ft of room left for vertical growth. They could probably even touch the glass because it stays cool.

T

TribalSeeds

The new growth on the taller plants on the right is really light and the older leaves are darker than the plants on the other side. I noticed this first on the tallest two in the back, now im seeing it on the two in front of those. I gave them a light dose of calmag and plan to bump up the bloom and switch a mix of CNS & PBP Bloom to get less N and more P-K, then mix into the ripe in another week or two.
Bloom has been around 950-925PPM but I think Ill keep it steady at 1000 for now. I was only doing the half feed about once a week during veg, but Ive started doing it with 1/3 of my waterings during flower. Ill increase the 1/2's for now. I have also switched the sides that the bulbs were on. Im not sure what it could be, but its probably because I haven't been able to get as much run-off.