What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sorry, But High THC Cannabis Buds Are Overrated

DO YOU AGREE-DISAGREE WITH THE ARTICLE-

• AGREE!

Votes: 39 88.6%
  • DISAGREE!

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • I JUST WANNA WATCH!

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • HUH?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Remember the talk of a 10% limit being imposed?
I have never been against the idea. The alternative is chasing high THC number for the unwise. If there was a 10% cap, all the development work would shift

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I said it before... cannabis is like a cake recipe. Adding 20 cups of sugar to a cake recipe does not make it better.

Also, since dispensary weed is not cured, the THC degrades 10x faster in those shitty oxygen filled jars sitting in those well lit showcases so that by the time some dumb ass buys it for $80 an eighth, it's 30% CBN, not 30% THC. The buyer smokes it... gets totally disoriented and stupid for 2 hours and then falls asleep. Wow, awesome weed, he says to himself. LOL

It amazes me that they get away with it.

Just like the food people did with the marketing term "All Natural". Everybody thought it was better because it was "All Natural". Sheeple rule. LOL

Last edited:

blondie

I said it before... cannabis is like a cake recipe. Adding 20 cups of sugar to a cake recipe does not make it better.

Also, since dispensary weed is not cured, the THC degrades 10x faster in those shitty oxygen filled jars sitting in those well lit showcases so that by the time some dumb ass buys it for $80 an eight, it's 30% CBN, not 30% THC. The buyer smokes it... gets totally disoriented and stupid for 2 hours and then falls asleep. Wow, awesome weed, he says to himself. LOL

It amazes me that they get away with it.

Just like the food people did with the marketing term "All Natural". Everybody thought it was better because it was "All Natural". Sheeple rule. LOL

Every fool knows not only 20 cups of sugar, but a bunch of cups of honey in addition makes the cake oh so much better.

crimsonecho

from what i can gather we people are a very opinionated bunch with high intelligence
9B87D7CF-8839-4D4E-B408-F4AFD9F801B1.jpeg

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
All I know is one may not necessarily know the full potential of the/their herb until it is truly put to a test. I have been on a roller coaster since Jan. My normal rotation has been modified somewhat in order to meet the altering daily challenges Ruth and I are facing. It is nice to know I have a medicine cabinet that contains just what the Dr ordered when needed. IOW... ah yes, this will do the trick. The last thing I wanted or needed was increased anxiety, which is a side effect of high THC, it's documented...

If we take Dutch Treat for example a 2/1 herb, that has remained as such for years. Through research it is something that is known and the ratio the "holy grail". Not to dissimilar to the Fibonacci sequence. When the "ratio" is preserved you can find a similar balance in other flowers/strains. Therefore is it the plant, or something else. We are all different and hence our experience (in general) will be different. I just like to know which variety of pill places me to a happy place, among today's chaos. Thank God I was able to save my stash.

I recently acquired some Jean Guy locally which was overlooked for quite some time in the past because of its warning. High levels of THC can increase anxiety. The last thing I want when I am trying to fight it. It is believe to be a phenotype of the White Widow. Considering that I medicate with Ww during the dreaded moon phases. It does the trick. TBS, it isn't Dt, which is my #1 strain during moon phases. 5 days twice a month. OTOH I can be easily irritated on her as well, as in, don't rattle my cage. Based on that... Jean Guy was avoided. When all is said and done, the fire will have placed me 2 yrs behind in my growing. My medicine chest is closely monitored because I have to stretch (some strains) to see me through until they can be grown again.

Talking about body chemistry I function quite well on Bubba Kush during moon phases (something discovered during this ordeal). It is touted as a night time strain. It never did diddly to me there (NT), but definitely puts me in a happy place during day time. We are all different... It's whatever floats your boat, but more important what type of boat you are navigating on any giving watercourse. It's not a popularity contest.

My last run before the fire was Ringo's Gift. The strain is touted as the holy grail when it comes to CBD strains in the world. I'm a relatively heavy user of ACDC, I had to try her out. Each pill I consume will take me for a 6hr ride 2hrs on the upswing, a decent 2hr plateau, and a 2hr walk down the hill. Ringo on the other hand, although similar to ACDC, will see you crash after 4.5hrs, not dissimilar to crashing from a "sugar high". Ringo is not the strain I thought it would be. It is extremely popular in Spain as a night scene strain. I have to agree. It performs as advertised. Through all the research I have done on her, nowhere is there any mention of a crash. It is easily explained.

Ringo was created to treat cancer patients, more specifically to address the issues (unpleasantness) of the disease and cure itself. Part of cancer treatment is sleep, as the body heals better when sleeping. TBS, when used for what it was designed for, it does everything Ringo wanted :) Acquiring the seeds was no easy task. Once I am out of seeds I doubt I will be chasing them down in the future. Take the crash out of the equation, well that is a different story. My meds are/were dialed in through trial and error (in the beginning), so I know what to expect/what each strain does. I come to find out during this particular situation that I prefer Indica leaning anything. Purple Kush has done marvellously well during the moon phases as a substitute, therefore don't look a gifted horse in the mouth, ride the wave.

Hey don't get me wrong... I as well take trips and never leave the farm, because I simply feel like it. That to me anyway is the rec side of cannabis use, or the occasional use of certain strains, not on a daily basis. Rec users and medicinal users. Two different beasts, who have different needs. But it is nice to have a cabinet containing what one needs in meeting daily struggles. One size does not fit all and, my exposure to some of the folks that tout high THC, in general have no clue what they are talking about, especially the young "whipper snappers". Its the terpene profile that does the job, not dissimilar to "it's not the length of the dick that does the trick, it's the throb of the knob that does the job". :tiphat:

Last edited:

Petrochemical

So quick question for anyone that knows it has the Insight in the wisdom of throwing some pollen in this regard. If you have a cultivar like novarine for example that's supposedly thcv only, how do you breed for that to keep all other THC compounds out and only thcv,? I'm perplexed by this

chilliwilli

Waterboy
So quick question for anyone that knows it has the Insight in the wisdom of throwing some pollen in this regard. If you have a cultivar like novarine for example that's supposedly thcv only, how do you breed for that to keep all other THC compounds out and only thcv,? I'm perplexed by this
I think @Sam_Skunkman once posted that u could breed for a certain cannabinoid by backcrossing. When u have a thcv plant make s1, test the offsprings and use the one with most thcv for s2. When u do this for some gen then u should end up with a thcv plant. If u are lucky its a line still worth growing when it comes to vigor.

Cvh

Supermod
I think @Sam_Skunkman once posted that u could breed for a certain cannabinoid by backcrossing. When u have a thcv plant make s1, test the offsprings and use the one with most thcv for s2. When u do this for some gen then u should end up with a thcv plant. If u are lucky its a line still worth growing when it comes to vigor.
Yes partly, to be more complete he said he created multiple unrelated selfed lines which he combined in the end to restore back the vigour caused by the damage from inbreeding depression.

View media item 17568964
View media item 17560449
View media item 17560445
View media item 17560444

Last edited:

Rider420

Coke or Pepsi, Budweiser or Miller it just an opinion as to which is better. You could go with which has the most drugs in it aclohol or caffeine. But with cannabis there are more factors. Getting drunk on beer wine or distilled alcohol is about the same just like caffeine has the same effects. But cannabis's buzz is very different from panic inducing sativas to sleep inducing indicas, then there is how powerful they are and the last factor is taste. If you have not used cannabis then the only factor that you can know ahead of time is its THC content hence why so many people decide on which one to choose based on that factor.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I do like that powdery choc taste of chocolope. The dense light green nugs. It's why I trek to Bluebird. Beyond it's strength, it's slightly para inducing for a walk in the park kinda smoke. Certain not all about THC

I'm not well versed in the effect of individual cannabinoids. I read CBD lowers the effect of THC with some effectiveness. I have not seen it quantified, but I'm led to believe it's a fairly balanced ratio.

I don't imagine much CBD is in Chocolope.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Coke or Pepsi, Budweiser or Miller it just an opinion as to which is better. You could go with which has the most drugs in it aclohol or caffeine. But with cannabis there are more factors. Getting drunk on beer wine or distilled alcohol is about the same just like caffeine has the same effects. But cannabis's buzz is very different from panic inducing sativas to sleep inducing indicas, then there is how powerful they are and the last factor is taste. If you have not used cannabis then the only factor that you can know ahead of time is its THC content hence why so many people decide on which one to choose based on that factor.
Not so fast Elmer :)

Petrochemical

I do like that powdery choc taste of chocolope. The dense light green nugs. It's why I trek to Bluebird. Beyond it's strength, it's slightly para inducing for a walk in the park kinda smoke. Certain not all about THC

I'm not well versed in the effect of individual cannabinoids. I read CBD lowers the effect of THC with some effectiveness. I have not seen it quantified, but I'm led to believe it's a fairly balanced ratio.

I don't imagine much CBD is in Chocolope.
Blurbird bar b cue? My gawd man 1 oz of meat is not a proper serving size lmaoppppp

Latest posts

Latest posts