Votes: 1 2.3%
  • HUH?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Would be interested in learning more about the lack of curing. How is industrial cannabis made?
Most cannabis today is hung dried in a controlled environment. When it reaches a specific moisture content it's binned and ready for trimming. This process takes 2-3 weeks depending on drying conditions.. None is cured.

Curing has its limits.. If you are starting off with low quality cannabis it will make the smoke smother/Less harsh and converts THC to CBN. This def improves low quality weed much more. High quality cannabis doesn't benefit much from longer curing. The longer it sits around the more its Terps are lost as these are volatile and its THC is converted to CBN. I've tested this many times for me anything cured longer than 40 days lost more than it gained.

woolybear

Veteran
Thanks hammerhead, that makes total sense. No time for sweating/burping [and the attendant processes], just get it dry. I wonder what's the target moisture % is.

I dry my herbs until the stem is almost breaky, around 60%, into jars until they feel right (usually a weekish), then into the freezer for long-term storage

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's not that quick of a process.. They keep their drying rooms high in humidity with low Temps. Fresh weed has always been better IMO than the older stuff is.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
@Hammerhead.... are you associated with that market? It sounds like it. I would love to learn more about it. I have talked to a tier V and VII grower in Palm (so they said) and I was not impressed with their knowledge. I'm sure (like most things) it will vary with location and region. I'm in the Coachella Valley.

Question (if you are associated).... on the labels on the jars and bags, there are dates. Harvest date and packaged date. All the pot I bought had only a few days difference. I must be missing something. Can you clear that up for me? Thanks

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Hammerhead.... are you associated with that market? It sounds like it. I would love to learn more about it. I have talked to a tier V and VII grower in Palm (so they said) and I was not impressed with their knowledge. I'm sure (like most things) it will vary with location and region. I'm in the Coachella Valley.

Question (if you are associated).... on the labels on the jars and bags, there are dates. Harvest date and packaged date. All the pot I bought had only a few days difference. I must be missing something. Can you clear that up for me? Thanks

I'm not. I know some that run legal operations. I've always been BM.. I prefer breeding more than growing flowers to sell.

Anyone that has only a few days between harvest and packed is most likely bad BM growers. That doesn't mean some on the legal side are not fudging numbers to make their batches look fresher. The more they get called out it this stuff the better. Plants can be dried quickly in a harsh environment. Doing so would not be smart. Any that grow well don't do this.

Last edited: