What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Something wicked this way comes

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
looks sweet!!! let them babies grow on!!! really dig the setup. clean. simple an effective!!! im really impressed!!! your gonna destroy the 2zper sq ft with the right cuts in there!! no reason u shouldnt get 3 or 4! seriously. betting because of your experience those rooms are 90% dialed in already

thanks! i'm still waiting on timers to arrive to turn on the quest 155. i want it to come on 2 hours before lights out and take the room down to about 50% lights out. then shut off at lights on.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Lovely scrogs and beautiful girls!!! Brings a bit of nostalgia back. Can't wait to see the girls beast the screen out.
Question. I ordered 4 eco plus 185's Friday night. Was in harbor freight today and saw some pond fountains.
This one. http://www.harborfreight.com/158-gph-submersible-fountain-pump-63315.html
Saw it mentioned in use in another thread I think it was a Ppk thread. Got it for $7.74 with the harbor freight 20% off coupon. Wadda think of it? I grabbed it just to test. If it'll do the job, gonna cancel that order. Lol I just can't wait!!!

Also, I grabbed a couple 2 gal buckets to run also. I'll run 3 diff Ppk setups. The 7gal tub on a 3.5, the 3.5's stacked and a 2gal on a 3.5. I have a feeling I don't veg long enough to do the 3.5's stacked. It's the only Ppk running atm. With the turf ace and perlite mix I have left, the 7 gal tug won't leave me with but 1 other ppl to fill. This is just to find out which combo will suit my space/s. D9, thank you sir. I am Ppk addicted.

*edit to ad. I also nabbed a couple of those tuff totes 14gal (for now) for my pump res'. I'm thinking it will suffice. 3-4 pumps drawing about a gallon combined per pulse.

Peace.

thanks! all sounds good! you might check the pump to see if the impeller is magnetically driven. if it is that's good. if it's not it will have a shaft that goes from the motor through a bulkhead with a seal then drives the impeller.

sometimes when these pumps fail they put oil into your water. i've had this kill fish before and it's probably not good for plants either.

gmanwho

Veteran
just looked at those pics from last page. digging the setup delta. any pics of those ggxc99 crosses?? been getting mostly gg leaning reports elsewhere.

b well & bsafe

420ish

Lovely scrogs and beautiful girls!!! Brings a bit of nostalgia back. Can't wait to see the girls beast the screen out.
Question. I ordered 4 eco plus 185's Friday night. Was in harbor freight today and saw some pond fountains.
This one. http://www.harborfreight.com/158-gph-submersible-fountain-pump-63315.html
Saw it mentioned in use in another thread I think it was a Ppk thread. Got it for $7.74 with the harbor freight 20% off coupon. Wadda think of it? I grabbed it just to test. If it'll do the job, gonna cancel that order. Lol I just can't wait!!!

Also, I grabbed a couple 2 gal buckets to run also. I'll run 3 diff Ppk setups. The 7gal tub on a 3.5, the 3.5's stacked and a 2gal on a 3.5. I have a feeling I don't veg long enough to do the 3.5's stacked. It's the only Ppk running atm. With the turf ace and perlite mix I have left, the 7 gal tug won't leave me with but 1 other ppl to fill. This is just to find out which combo will suit my space/s. D9, thank you sir. I am Ppk addicted.

*edit to ad. I also nabbed a couple of those tuff totes 14gal (for now) for my pump res'. I'm thinking it will suffice. 3-4 pumps drawing about a gallon combined per pulse.

Peace.

been using the 158 harbor freight pumps for over a year no problems!

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
just looked at those pics from last page. digging the setup delta. any pics of those ggxc99 crosses?? been getting mostly gg leaning reports elsewhere.

b well & bsafe

thanks! i've popped the stardawg x c99 so far. i just cloned the tops and flowered the bottoms on tuesday so i've got about 2 weeks to go before i can cull the males.

should have some well rooted clones by then and off we go!

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
gg#4 growth in flower in 8 days

Attachments

• IMG_0061.jpg
    IMG_0061.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 27

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
when do you clean the plants up?or is that cleaned up for you?

it's hard to tell from the photos but in the first gg#4 pic above the plant has been thinned of lower growth several times in veg. any shoots that obviously stand no chance of getting to the screen height are removed along with associated fan leaves.

after stretch any growth that is not at screen height or can not be pulled up to screen height will be removed.

Ravenboy

HI,

Im thinking about my next grow and asking for strain recommendations. I like an indica cross, that typically can make hard buds even when its hot. (northern lights x bigbug as worked well, as has Ripper seeds Zobmie kush and TH seeds bubblegum)

so placing that next seed order for a grow that wont start until may.

current grow is my first PPK grow with a cenbtral res. what a relief. time on my hands, what a relaxing way to grow!

thanks again d9, i've been doing this all my life, and honestly, your systems design has been the biggest single revelation in my growing history (well, other than moving from 4' flourescent shop lights with growlux tubes to stolen street light HPS fixtures back in the early 70's).

current grow is Bomb Cheese and old school afghani, and everything is rocking in spite my rather low total reservoir volume. maybe a total of 25 gallons per tent, each has 4 plants in a meter square. (quite croowded, three works better) very stable PH. impressively so. I've been running since end 2016 with no res changes.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
HI,

Im thinking about my next grow and asking for strain recommendations. I like an indica cross, that typically can make hard buds even when its hot. (northern lights x bigbug as worked well, as has Ripper seeds Zobmie kush and TH seeds bubblegum)

so placing that next seed order for a grow that wont start until may.

current grow is my first PPK grow with a cenbtral res. what a relief. time on my hands, what a relaxing way to grow!

thanks again d9, i've been doing this all my life, and honestly, your systems design has been the biggest single revelation in my growing history (well, other than moving from 4' flourescent shop lights with growlux tubes to stolen street light HPS fixtures back in the early 70's).

current grow is Bomb Cheese and old school afghani, and everything is rocking in spite my rather low total reservoir volume. maybe a total of 25 gallons per tent, each has 4 plants in a meter square. (quite croowded, three works better) very stable PH. impressively so. I've been running since end 2016 with no res changes.

thank you for the kind words!

i really can't make a strain recommendation because there are so many good ones out there now and i'm just starting up my own grow again so don't have any winners to report yet.

Mr Blah

When you made your drip rings did you use a soldiering iron to make the holes or a punch?
If a punch which one?
Thanks

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
these have been in flower 9 days. this is right before a training session.

from left; lodi dodi, gg#4, same gg#4, two views of a different lodi dodi.

Attachments

• IMG_0124.jpg
    IMG_0124.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0127.jpg
    IMG_0127.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0128.jpg
    IMG_0128.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 21

p0opstlnksal0t

Subbed for per plant yield numbers. This is awesome I'm really liking this hydro method.

I wonder how your setup would fare with a new maxpar SEDE bare bulb hanging in the middle of a plant and training vertically around it?

p0opstlnksal0t

here the first photo shows the pump arrangement.

then the plant container from 3 angles showing first the tom-kap fitting on the top of the tailpiece. it installs in....

Does this bulkhead fitting cause standing water? It.looks like it would create maybe an 1/8" or so of water in the top container

Latest posts

Latest posts