What's new

Something that has been causing major internal conflict...

K

KMK0420

Man, one of the best threads i've ever started...definitely better than the yummybud ones...LOL

You are all right in your own way, and your points of view are...correct. I can find fault in none of them (minus the scissors up the butt or whatever)

I picture myself tending to a large garden, and THAT is my job. Lots of us do. Sadly this country is so ass-backward that that won't be possible, at least in my state (for now)

I don't do a crappy job at my job, i kinda exaggerated. I am one of the veteran agents and most supervisors even ask me for advice...on how to fix shit...because they can't, and i know more about CMTS's, provisioning systems, etc. Either way i have another interview lined up on monday for the department i ACTUALLY want to work in - our network team. I get out of the call center, i deal with real technicians and i get a raise. Not much more cash, but major stress relief.

The stress alone will kill me. My mother...who was anti-pot for most of her life...has finally accepted it as she sees the benefit it has for me...which took years...lmao...and i come home flipping about work constantly, because of the crazy shit that happens, and i blaze...and i'm a whole different person. I wasn't like that before this job. I'm just stuck because as other people said i have bills that need paid, and without a job i can't do that. The grows i have now are just that, supplemental income.

When i go bigger, it's just a step up - not a whole change like going from a tent to a warehouse, but enough for me to learn the 'game' if you will...learning to manage 20+ plants, scoping out the market, etc. Then when i master that (just as i mastered this 400w tent already) i will move onto even bigger things.

My plants currently are 4-5 feet. In a Homebox L..in 5 gals, under a 400watter. Luscious green color, perfect bud sites..and only my second grow. Two things which drastically changed my outcome: switching to coco, having a better transplanting regimen, and supplementing with cal-mag. HUGE difference in growth, appearance, etc.

Keep it up guys, I'm reading everyones replies...alll great info.

On that note, time to mix up some nutrients and time to feed the ladies!

And here's a pic for fun:

picture.php

Last edited:

Perpetual Nooch

Life isn't supposed to be easy, and neither is work.

Really? Who was the supreme shot-caller who proclaimed so long ago that life wasn't supposed to be easy? Because, you know what, life is supposed to be easy. Bear with me here.

Way back when we were hunter-gatherers, life was easy. We worked on average 3-4 hours a day to gather our daily needs. The rest of time we'd just be sitting around the fire, getting high, having sex, playing with our kids, and generally enjoying our existence. Even now there are tribes in Africa that are still hunter-gatherers, and they live this kind of life.

The Hadza

What started our descent into long hours of hard, stressful work was the discovery of agriculture and the need to tend the fields. Of course without agriculture we wouldn't have the civilization we have now, so I guess it's a trade-off. Happiness for technology/civilization. I know what I would choose.

Life is supposed to be easy. Enjoy it to the fullest.

T

texsativa

Interesting post.

Knowledge is key. Get your degree. Can't afford it? Loans.

Greed? Life is a gift. Enjoy it. Don't let obsessions with material objects get in the way of the big picture.

Treat people kindly, treat them as you would want to be treated, this includes people you disagree with.

THC123

Veteran
@ KMK

I totally feel you dude.

I have been unemployed for 1.5 years cuz i didn't want to work in a callcenter again.

Have been applying for job that correspond with my diploma but i haven't had succes up to now , seems like i studied for nothing

I was becoming a bit bored and needed money , so guess where i will be working again from monday on??

Yes you guessed it right , a callcenter AGAIN fuck , only inbound luckily but still i hate just the thought of it. There is nothing else right now :(

But i will do it to save money and in the meantime i am gonna get my fitness level back to the way it was 2 years ago and i will join the airforce.(not the us army btw so no real risks)

Got lots of buddies working there , they never have stress on their job and many do a second job DURING their hours at the base cuz they don't have much work there. Plus they can do sports 2 hours per day during hours.

Only downside , i have to drive far every day(bout 100 miles to go and 100 to return) but heck , i will get pension at 55 instead of 65.

So that alone is the biggest incentive , i don't want to do dead end desk jobs till i am 65. And weed won't be legal any time soon so a legal job in that field will also remain a dream.

So the only thing i wanna do now is to make sure i will have to work as little as possible , so i am gonna use the system i'm gonna fuck it :smokeit:

K

KMK0420

@ KMK

I totally feel you dude.

I have been unemployed for 1.5 years cuz i didn't want to work in a callcenter again.

Have been applying for job that correspond with my diploma but i haven't had succes up to now , seems like i studied for nothing

I was becoming a bit bored and needed money , so guess where i will be working again from monday on??

Yes you guessed it right , a callcenter AGAIN fuck , only inbound luckily but still i hate just the thought of it. There is nothing else right now :(

But i will do it to save money and in the meantime i am gonna get my fitness level back to the way it was 2 years ago and i will join the airforce.(not the us army btw so no real risks)

Got lots of buddies working there , they never have stress on their job and many do a second job DURING their hours at the base cuz they don't have much work there. Plus they can do sports 2 hours per day during hours.

Only downside , i have to drive far every day(bout 100 miles to go and 100 to return) but heck , i will get pension at 55 instead of 65.

So that alone is the biggest incentive , i don't want to do dead end desk jobs till i am 65. And weed won't be legal any time soon so a legal job in that field will also remain a dream.

So the only thing i wanna do now is to make sure i will have to work as little as possible , so i am gonna use the system i'm gonna fuck it :smokeit:

Uh, 200 miles a day?

Even at a constant 75mph, that would take like 3 hours to get to your job...3 hours to get home...not counting traffic or city streets....so you're gonna spend 6-10 hours a day driving? Damn dude...gas alone will kill you

school is overrated; everyone i know with degrees is working in a job not tailored to their degree. so...its pointless. not to mention graduates are not getting jobs at an extremely alarming rate.

THC123

Veteran
i was wrong i meant 200 kilometers that is about 2 hours driving each day.

BUT you have to work 10 years less and i will never have to stress for a job again

Yes school is totally overrated , and is in fact a business like any other

And i want to add one more thing again

FUCK CALLCENTERS

K

KMK0420

Interesting post.

Knowledge is key. Get your degree. Can't afford it? Loans.

Greed? Life is a gift. Enjoy it. Don't let obsessions with material objects get in the way of the big picture.

Treat people kindly, treat them as you would want to be treated, this includes people you disagree with.

sorry dude, i have to say i disagree completely with that first part...nobody is obsessing about material objects, but it necessary to understand them, understand what kind of life you want to lead, but also stick to your morals, beliefs, values, etc.

second, school is worthless for the majority of people. waste of money, a fake institution created by the government to get people in line to do what they wanted them to do. the majority of people i know, again, are working in a job not tailored to their degree, most making less money. the job market is horrible in this day and age compared to 5, 10 years ago..

for you to blindly say school & loans are the way to succeed...you are truly mistaken my friend...i dropped out of college to work to pay bills and support myself, not to mention to enjoy life - school work is fucking retarded, timewasting and god knows what else. some people enjoy it, i hate it. i like learning about what I want to learn about. your reality is what you make it, not what the man tells you it is. my job is now making me hate life, so i need to change. and that doesnt include paying thousands of dollars to some faggot Dean at a college just so i can learn some pre-planned shit and possibly walk out with a degree and possibly get a job. lotsa possibilities, while cannabis seems to be for-sure all the time and recession-proof

third this wasn't a question of if i should go back to school or not, it was more of a fuck i'm in mediocre position and i want to drastically improve, and my hobby of cultivating seems to be the shining star. :)

youre right about the rest, be kind to others, etc.

L

Lune TNS

Buy a couple lights and a big scrubber, and get back in school. If you have any sort of real greenthumb you'll never have to take out a loan, and once you finish school up it will be much easier to find a career.

Tailored to the job or not, the guy with the diploma is getting a position over you 99.9% of the time (assuming that we are talking about a real job that you can actually support a family on).

If you don't play their game, you'll already be a loser. Whether you like the game doesn't really matter.

T

texsativa

sorry dude, i have to say i disagree completely with that first part...nobody is obsessing about material objects, but it necessary to understand them, understand what kind of life you want to lead, but also stick to your morals, beliefs, values, etc.

second, school is worthless for the majority of people. waste of money, a fake institution created by the government to get people in line to do what they wanted them to do. the majority of people i know, again, are working in a job not tailored to their degree, most making less money. the job market is horrible in this day and age compared to 5, 10 years ago..

for you to blindly say school & loans are the way to succeed...you are truly mistaken my friend...i dropped out of college to work to pay bills and support myself, not to mention to enjoy life - school work is fucking retarded, timewasting and god knows what else. some people enjoy it, i hate it. i like learning about what I want to learn about. your reality is what you make it, not what the man tells you it is. my job is now making me hate life, so i need to change. and that doesnt include paying thousands of dollars to some faggot Dean at a college just so i can learn some pre-planned shit and possibly walk out with a degree and possibly get a job. lotsa possibilities, while cannabis seems to be for-sure all the time and recession-proof

third this wasn't a question of if i should go back to school or not, it was more of a fuck i'm in mediocre position and i want to drastically improve, and my hobby of cultivating seems to be the shining star. :)

youre right about the rest, be kind to others, etc.

Sorry to have offended you, not my intention. Never intended to imply you are obsessing over materialistic things, sorry you took it that way. What I was saying is it is ok to have nice things but don't lose sight of the big picture as so many people have.

A degree just shows you are able to be taught, that you can put in some work. Although, there are some degrees I guarantee you will have a job upon graduation in that field of study.

K

KMK0420

Sorry to have offended you, not my intention. Never intended to imply you are obsessing over materialistic things, sorry you took it that way. What I was saying is it is ok to have nice things but don't lose sight of the big picture as so many people have.

A degree just shows you are able to be taught, that you can put in some work. Although, there are some degrees I guarantee you will have a job upon graduation in that field of study.

you didnt offend me, no worries..

youre right...but those professions i don't want to participate in :)

i'd rather be involved in the cannabis 'umbrella' in some form.

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
You don't want this life man. All I have to say. Other than nobody ever makes it for the long haul this way....and we all know it, we just don't want to admitt it or don't care.

You can live big and fast....and it is big and fast, but it fails you in the end...one way or another. You are worth more than that.

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
You don't want this life man. All I have to say. Other than nobody ever makes it for the long haul this way....and we all know it, we just don't want to admitt it or don't care.

You can live big and fast....and it is big and fast, but it fails you in the end...one way or another. You are worth more than that.

have to completely disagree here.

no one is trying to live BIG or FAST by any means. i could be wrong, but most people on here have grows that are equated to what he or she can handle and 9 times out of 10 begin as a hobby. its only after some time and careful consideration that some people tend to consider being able to live of off growing and mainly to supplement or augment and already existing income flow. SPECIFICALLY in these days and times.

thats a logical fact. how you choose to live as a grower is up to you, and im not saying that, that "big and fast" grower doesnt exist but he/she is more the exception than the rule.

and as far as worth, we all know were worth more than what value society puts on us, but its this value system that most if not all of us are trying to get away from, hell i know i am!! but ive decided to value my own existance more than those trying to say what im worth and its oneof the most freeing things a person can do.

the fact that a person has to find a way to devalue themselves from someone elses standards is and should be a big wake up call to all of us on a whole as a society.

there are numerous people that have been doing this for their life time, and they are out there for sure. fact of the matter is you and i dont know them because more than likely they either moved out of the US or were never in the US to begin with!

but IMO growing shouldnt be ones "life" but an addition to it, and a welcome one for me; health, activity, nutrition, financial, spiritual once you realize the benefits of cannabis theres not much it cant do for you.

but to borrow a line from your post: "You can live big and fast..." leads me to ask, why does one have to live big or fast to begin with? to what end?