What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SOMA NYCD Lover Thread *Post Nycd Pics*

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
I just finished a delightful New York City Diesel (Soma) seed grow. Grown in soil under a 600w HPS/400w MH dual ballast hood sun system X with hortilux bulbs and ocean forest soil and lots of perlite and dol. lime. I fed them organic nutrients : flora nova, floraliscious, and budswell batguano in distilled water with a PH pen to adjust nutrients. I was lucky enough to get four out of five females and four different phenotypes. I have a thread detailing the grow( ill link later and edit here) in soil grow forum. Light feeders prone to nute burn they did excellent and stank to high heaven over powering my huge carbon scrubber/ can-fan.

In this thread i would like all SOMA new york city diesel growers to untie and share our love for this amazing plant. We can also share tips hints and general growing info to help other growers who are new to growing NYCD and also to help out the hardened nycd growers. Id also like to isolate as many phenotypes as possible through this thread, in my grow four out of five were female and i had two indica dominant phenotypes and two sativa phenos.

I welcome any Soma strains, but i would like to concentrate on the New York City Diesel as it is one of my current favorite strains of all time.

facts on soma strains ive realized : somas platns are the healthiest plants ive ever grown( no yellowing at all near end of flowering), the most amazing resin production, Super smell(nycd is the stinkiest plant ive ever grown with the exception of sam the skunkmans skunk#1), taste: un-paralleled, and finally the stone(the most important aspect :foes it fuck you up? somas strains=higher than ever@!!)

heres some pix of my NYCD grow from present to past :

G

Guest 10952

Man i sure do love that NYCD. Sorry i don't have any pix anymore of my NYCD. Stuff is awesome though. Taste is so overpowering. The hash it makes is pretty good but not the best. Tasty though. Nice pix mate.

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
the NYCD looks awesome under the microscope...wish i could snap really good macros..but NYCD has some of the tightest trichome construction ive ever seen..so many trichomes!!!! and they are HUGE!! i bet they are easily 90 microns or bigger, when i made bubble hash i got a lot of 90u, and 120 u very little 73u and below!

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
cmon guys you can do better than that..ive seen some sick NYCD pix on this site...i hope to turn this forum into NYCD heaven with info and drool worthy shots.....BUMP BUMP

i_score

BUMP BUMP BUMP

NYCD

P1090399.jpg
P1090383.jpg
P1090406.jpg
P1090411.jpg
P1090381.jpg

G

I can't reply because I havn't grown my NYCD seeds yet :confused:

but I have gotten some and looking at your pics makes me want to grow it.

out of curiosity, how many plants did you grow --and how many produced the buds in your pics?

I have told myself that all I am going to grow this year are mandala's kalichakra and hashberry, but looking at your pics makes me want to break out my soma NYCD seeds!

Anybody here ever grow any NYCD outside? and if so, how did they do? maybe I could start them inside and plant them outside at the beginning of april or something. What does anybody think?

LD

Last edited:

i_score

LonesomeDave, im still groing them, you can check it up in my thread, ive put 4 nyc diesel plants, the bud in the pic was from my smallest plant, a nice bud out of a half a foot plant LST, so there still some budz from this plant, the bigger nycd have to main 1 foot colas and some smaller ones, so productin wise is a very nice plant, and as for trich´s, thet are loaded!!funny thing ive just bought some hashberry seeds, so im looking to grow them in the near future, price/quality wise they ara a must have beans!

nice f2´s k1llakr0n!

peace

Last edited:
G

i score: i agree about the mandala seeds being must have.

what do you think of my plan to grow NYCD outside this summer. I am just afraid i won't have any room in my indorr grow with my hashberry and kalichakra

LD

i_score

i grew a small clone outdoor and it was nice, not something to compare to the indoor one but still an outdoor very doable plant IMHO, but if i were you i find a space for some of this in the indoor room, its sutch a nice smoke, and a great plant to grow also.peace :joint:

Last edited:

the rocheklip

Heres some NYCD I was lucky enough to get my hands on in Dec. Really strong stone, knocked me out more than the Sour Diesel I've been getting, although the NYCD doesn't give you that soaring headrush.

DSCN0028.jpg

sensirocker

does ECSD count? its from the east coast too ya know ;)

here she is right before chop.... 400w hps, yielded well over 3.5oz... im doing another run with her right now :yummy:

love the diesel

-sR

hgl

sensirocker said:
here she is right before chop.... 400w hps, yielded well over 3.5oz... im doing another run with her right now :yummy:

love the diesel

-sR

Are you revegging her?

Inmate#420

Hi yall,
I finally got these NYC Diesel seed. They cost 55 bucks for 2. Tokyo sometimes makes me sick with their ridiculous prices :yoinks: . Anyway I got them both to germinate(feminised). One of them had shown female hairs at seedling. No freaking joke. Day 4 or 5 after popping from it's shell.

Anyway, they're in 12/12 now, day 16. I cut about 12 clones cause I'm all out of these bad girl seed and I'm not about to let these ripoff artist get my change.
Day 16

I still have a few Skywalker seed from my last grow but I hope these NYCD will out do the Skywalkers...
From what you guys have posted, I have no doubt that they will.
Send me some good vibes and hopefully I be able to show some bud.

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Nyc Diesel is one of the best tasting herbs i know... I LOVE IT :wave:

I've grown two different, selected, phenos i got as clones till know, and smoked at least 6 different phenos...

Here are some pics for you:

Pheno1 (the purple ones is the same pheno grown in wintertime) :

21805DSC04925-med.JPG

21805DSC05304-med.JPG

21805DSC04940-med.JPG

21805DSC05323-med.JPG

21805MG_3658-med.jpg

21805MG_3961-med.jpg

21805MG_3962-med.jpg

21805Nycd-med.jpg

21805MG_4299_copy-med.jpg

Pheno 2:

21805MG_6530-med.jpg

21805MG_6533-med.jpg

Pheno 3 (didn't grow this one myself, only took the pics and smoked it :joint: )

21805MG_6616-med.jpg

21805MG_6601-med.jpg

21805MG_6606-med.jpg

21805MG_6619-med.jpg

greetings :wave:

Last edited: