What's new

SoCal Winter/Spring GH Run

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Sorry for the lag peeps. Been busy as hell cleaning up my grow areas getting things in order. Started an indoor run and another GH run.

Took clones off of all the Kosher Kush and a couple from the OG18. They are looking great. Hopefully I find a great tasting pheno to mom out. I am pretty confident i will. If not i have some Lemon OG and Holy Grail Kush beans ready to get popped.
Kosher Kush on the left OG 18 on the right.

Kosher Kush

OG 18 with one Kosher Kush on the back left

Got my water drum back up and bubbling. I add a lil carboload, hygrozyme, and roots excel to the water at 1/10 strength. Have not had to add cal mag to the RO yet.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Didn't want to post without some GH action. Afterall this is what this thread is about. It has gotten a lil chilly down here. I put out 2 OG 18 that could not fit in my trays indoors into the GH almost a week ago. They took the 38-40 degree nighttime weather like champs. Put out the 18 OG clones also after a lil repotting and staking.

D

Durdy

Looking GOOD!

38-40 sounds nice, we've had a frost here every night for the last week, 27 degree lows! My indoor is set up in the garage which is completely uninsulated, with cement floors, it hits about 42 in there at it's lowest.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Durdy- Hey brotha! Damn glad we dont get that cold down here. Sometimes the wind chill might get a lil lower than 38 but not much. If they get a lil beat up i think i will just oil all of this down.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sup Chubs! Sorry I haven't hit you up yet mang, been super busy with the holidays.

This weather sure is shit, but im sure the torch is keeping you warm and busy.

Whats up with that holy grail!? That is one of my all time favorites from last year. That and Afgoo, ever have Afgoo? No clue what it was, but I was addicted it was so good.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
LyryC- All good bro. This is the busy time of year for most of us. Have not tried the Holy Grail Kush before but have heard nothing but good things. Afgoo is a classic around these parts. I think it is an Afghani crossed to a haze.
Anti- Thanks for checkin my thread out. I will be posting my GH stuff in here up until April. Stop by again for some Spring time nuggets.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Well this Xmas was a tough one. My Grandpa passed away early Xmas morning. Made this holiday a pretty somber one. Lots of ups and downs on the emotions cause my kids were so excited about Xmas and then my Gpa dying, roller coaster ride of emotions for sure. Finally getting back to reality. Will take some pics later and update.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My condolences, I hope that remembering brings tears of joy. I never had grand parents so I can't relate, but have had a recent heavy lose myself and understand the up and downs can be tormenting because theres no escape.

On a good note, Gardening has great therapeutic value :)

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Hey thanks fellas. Gonna turn the sadness into a positive motivation. Happy New Year! Gonna make this a great one.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Here are a few shots of the indoor OG 18 and Kosher Kush. I tried to pinch as much as possible when they got flipped but they still stretched up a tad more than i wanted them too. They are about a foot and a half from the light. Might need to drop my tray down to the floor and put saucers under the pots.

Here is a GH shot. They are taking the cold very nicely.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
OK might as well show off the best Christmas present anyone has ever gotten me as an adult. Nothing beats getting a video game as a kid so we can't count those Xmas's.

My lady of almost eight years has always gotten me the lamest shit for xmas. The coolest thing she has given me was a dymo label machine and a pellet gun. I mean come on. I never use either of them. This year she let me choose a gift. I chose some seeds of course. But after the kids opened their gifts there was still one box left hiding like on A Christmas Story. My daughter handed me the box and when i opened it
BAM!

Jaw dropped to the floor on this one. I been wanting to complete my dish and dome set since i got it. My old lady and best friend (who made the piece) kept this a secret for over a month! My woman hit a grand slam with this gift. Only hope to repay her with something cool in the future.

Oh the seeds I got were two packs of Ancient OG from Bodhi with Blue Lotus freebie pack and two KC Brains strains, Brains Choice and KC 33. I been wanting to grow KC strains outside for a long time now. Should be a hell of a fun year now. My seed stash is armed to the teeth.

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
Sorry to hear bro
My pops passed on thanksgiving 2 years ago and my great gran on my birthday. I know it's a tough time. I just remember to honor them on those days. I wish you some peace and hope u feel better soon.
My condolences
Sir

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Sir- Thank you bro. Christmas will always have a different meaning to me from now on. I will always remember the good times with gramps. Thanks for the positive vibes. Sending them back your way as well.

curious2

Here are a few shots of the indoor OG 18 and Kosher Kush. I tried to pinch as much as possible when they got flipped but they still stretched up a tad more than i wanted them too. They are about a foot and a half from the light. Might need to drop my tray down to the floor and put saucers under the pots.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=40483&pictureid=992312View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=40483&pictureid=992313View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=40483&pictureid=992314View Image
Here is a GH shot. They are taking the cold very nicely.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=40483&pictureid=992315View Image

Neat grow! I'm looking at OG 18 and Kosher Kush. It's so hard to decide. I can't wait to hear a smoke report on these.
Thank you,
Annie

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
curious2- Thanks a lot! Yeah i was split between the two strains as well. Then i was like shit why not grow them both? I will say my OG 18 stretched a lil more than the Kosher but they are very similar plants in growth structure. Hopefully there is a flavorful pheno i can keep around. I will post a full smoke report on those for everyone cause there really is not too much info on either of them.

D

Durdy

I absolutely LOVE the pattern on that piece my friend, just freaking gorgeous!

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Durdy- Thanks dude! Basketweave is one of my favorite patterns.

Well, lesson learned in my water tank. Do not mix hygrozyme with Roots Excel. Makes nasty slime. Thank god it has done nothing detrimental to my plants. I didnt notice it at all until my res got kinda low. It all stayed on the bottom of the tank luckily near the airstones and was not too rampant. Will not be bubbling up that combo again that's for sure.

Learned a lot today reading in the infirmary. Love the wealth of info on IC.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts