What's new

SoCal Winter/Spring GH Run

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
sounds a lot like me... i did a 40 g run today that was the yeild. it was mixed strains but the next is all sour dub i just finished off the 3oz of dub oil i had i AM stoked to make more.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That looks delicious. What are your average temps in the GH if I may ask Chubs

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Sir- Yeah man oil is the ticket for sure. What are your usual yields? I have been getting a consistent 10-15% return on my greenhouse plants. You doing the vacuum purge technique? I love talking oil! puts a damn smile on my face.
LyryC- The GH has most of the windows open so there is tons of airflow so i would have to assume like 5-10 degrees warmer than it is outside. I lost my thermometer and never replaced it for some reason. I really should have one in there. Thanks for planting that seed in my head, I will be getting one now. I must of thrown the other therm out when i threw away my last GH.

al-k-mist

chubbynugs
I too make the wax, but havent done vac purge yet, I whip for 15 minutes like 5 times or more. I can tell by lookin at that stuff its grate. I use clipper brand 7x, no mercaptans from the taste
I use the popcorn and shakey stuff, like from weighing and processing(yes, i save it all for that..not fan leaf, though) but all the trim is definitely for bubble, and I prefer that over the BHO

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
al-k-mist- Next time i do a big run i will post a step by step. Was into the bubble for a long time but it just got harsh on my lungs. BHO seems like it has a smoother intake to me.

Here are some pics. They are 29 days outside.
VGH OG

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
707 Cherry Bomb
This plant smells a lot like J1 or Snocap. Really lovely smell to it. There is another similar pheno in there as well
Here is a shot of two different TrainWreck leaning plants.
and a group shot

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Happy Girls chubs. I loved me some good snow cap, that strain seems to have disappeared.

Get a thermometer? Obviously you don't need one ha

Penguin59

So glad I caught this thread here chubbynugs! Things are looking frosty as hell for 30 or so days that's for sure. Mind if I pull up a chair for this one?

Greenhouses are just the best of both worlds hey? You lucky Cali growers have it so good!

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
LyryC- Yeah man Snocap is one of my old school favorites. I can pinpoint that smell anywhere. As a teenager growing up in the nineties this was some of our favorite herb we got from NorCal. Heard there are two different kinds of cap going around now. An indica dom one and the the old school sativa one. Might be able to find a cut of it in Norcal.
Penguin59- Hey man glad to have you hear. The girls are doing damn good in the trichome department for the amount of time outside. And yeah i love the GH. It has really allowed me to get more plants in every year and improve my growing skills tremendously.
Tonatiuh- Thanks man means a lot to me coming from you.

Went to check on the girls and noticed a nut sack on only one of the plants. It didnt pop out yet but was just starting to form. It did not look too drastic but i will be checking a couple times daily on that plant now. She will get culled if i see a full blown nanner. All of the other plants are looking flawless in the herm department.

D

Durdy

I also have not seen sno-cap in a few years, I sure do miss her, never had a chance to grow it :(

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
was gonna talk BHO but my daughter just woke up daddy day care today lol.. be back

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Durdy- Never got to run the Snocap either but have smoked tons of it. It will always hold a spot in my head as the some of the best all around smoke.
Sir- I feel ya man. My two year old runs the roost around here. Best feeling though watching a monster you created grow into an even bigger monster that eats a shit ton and talks back. Ah gotta love life.
LyryC- I was thinking of maybe grabbing a pack of those just to have around. Two great classic strains crossed couldnt be a bad thing.

Well checked on that Cherry Bomb that had a nanner starting to grow on it the other day and found one more lil spot that was wanting to start another nanner. Pulled this one out the GH and will cut her down and make oil out of it. There are lots of premie trichs so curious how the BHO will come out. All of the other plants are not showing any signs of wanting to shoot bananas out so i think this is an isolated incident involving only that one plant.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bad Cherry Bomb!

I'd be down to get those seeds but I'm unsure if we can order from the USA...

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
LyryC- When i was looking for beans a few months back they were available but havent been for a while. Prolly will pick up a pack when they are available again.

Here is a lil GH update.

VGH OG one is filling out a lot more faster than the other. Great calyx to leaf ratio on both though.

707 Cherry Bomb. All are doing great cept for the one I had to chop down.

Edit: Sorry for the crappy pics. Need a new camera.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Found another damn nanner on another Cherry Bomb. I can say though that it might of been from the cold fluctuations we have been having the last week. I am gonna let this one go and check daily cause the plant is filling in fast now. This plant also looked very similar to the one that i already culled so possibly it was the same pheno and they like to shoot out a couple nanners? From now on i am gonna spray with dutch masters Reverse. I used to use it back in the day sometimes and looks like i should again for preventative measures outside.
It is looking like it will be a cold one this winter so i might end up doing my Kosher Kush and OG #18 indoor. They are vegging up nicely. Was also thinking of doing an autoflower run. I was digging thru my seeds and found a bag of like 70 Masterlow from Mdanzig. Cold or not it should be fun this winter.

paper thorn

Veteran
Sure is good to see you back around chubbs. It's been awhile.
The Tahoe/chemD looks great, and i really like the 707 cherrybomb. too bad about the nanners.
Glad the fam is good, and the glass blowing is going good for you.
I've been working crazy long hours for the last few months and don't get to post much these days. My grow has suffered as well.
I've been fighting thrips and spider mites. I got the spider mites pretty much wiped out, but the fucking thrips are killing me. Throw in outrageous heat and a new room nowhere near dialed in, and ... no clones for almost 6 months. I was just on a cloning master frenzy and getting roots like mad in rapid rooters and bam! no more.
Well, i lost Sour Diesel, Sugar Shack, Chem 4, (which i have back, thanks to a friend), and my last GAK just died. That really bums me out, it was a fav in my stable.
That SR71PK is still hanging on and I just set up a bubble cloner and took 3 cuttings off of it.
Fingers crossed!

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
paper thorn- It sure has been a while pal. Glad that you were still around. Dont know if i would posted another thread if at least some of my friends were still here. I been putting in long hours lately too so i know how it feels. Last thing anyone wants to do is do more work right when they get home.
Sucks to hear about your grow situation man. Never had thrips before. I havent taken any cuts myself for a while. I dont even have a mom of anything. Just been popping beans and having some major fun doing it. I will see if there is a GAK cut floating around my camp. That SR71PK is one i definitely miss. Try to keep her around.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
707 Cherry Bomb Still finding a nanner here and there but nothing crazy. I am finding them way before they are doing anything bad. They are getting more and more frosty.