What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sobergrower Grows Again - Gorilla Glue Seed - PPK - Mars Hydro

Sobergrower

How about a few updated pictures to keep interest?

Sisters growing up together

image.jpg

The girl that didn’t like being being bound as a young one. She has bounced back pretty well and now like bondage.

image.jpg

And her beast of a sister. I am definitely going to pull some clones off her before flowering.
image.jpg

Reactions: Gry

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
i'd say they're diggin it!

the most efficient veg light cycle I've found is 8 hours on, 4 off, 8 on, 4 off around the clock.

hit them with the most intense light you can for 8 and then they get 4 hours to process synthate.

i rarely let them experience total darkness anytime in veg. i will keep a small led on just in case.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
i was gonna say that 64.8 mole is not too much light in an 18 hour period. that's based on 1000 umols.

but if you were to use that light level (1000 umols) for 24 hours you would have 86.4 moles, which is too much.

two 8 hour periods at 28.8 moles ea is 57.6 moles per 24 hour period. a nice high level of light without risking photoinhibition.

Sobergrower

Girdy and Hildy? Not sure of the company you have kept in your younger years my friend😂

I haven’t named any of my plants. I used to have chickens and made it a point not to name them 😉 😉 if you know what I mean.

I guess if it helps...........

I am going to go with Patty and Selma (twins from the Simpsons). Big hairdo girls.

Sobergrower

Damn where does the time go…… Tic toc

So yesterday was technically day three after the flip. I kept them in the dark for 36 hours and then put them on a 12 on 12 off light cycle two days ago. Today I am going to replace 8 gallons from the sub irrigation reservoir with the equivalent amount using jacks bloom booster 10 – 30 –20 formula. The plants have already begun to stretch and I am considering putting the net over the top of them today or tomorrow. The PH in the sub irrigation continued to rise over the last week. So with this batch of nutrients I have lowered the pH down to 6.0.

The humidity in the tent has also started to rise over the last week or so. I have stopped using the humidifier and today it was right at 60%.

I had to raise the lights about 6 inches today. When I came home yesterday it was too late and the lights were already off. I sure hope I don’t outgrow the height on this tent.

Anyway here are some pictures

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
i meant to ask about that leaf mutation. do any other leaves show that? i don't think i've ever seen that before.

Sobergrower

I haven’t seen much of the mutation lately. The fan leaves are the largest I have grown and most are in the 9 to 11 tip variety. I will continue to watch for the mutation a bit closer.

DunHav`nFun

The original GG4 had the "leaf twist" D9 , but mostly when you see said mutation / specimens on other strains / variety it indicates PH issues from what I`ve seen and learned over the yrs......and....those are some bushy bitches SG......make sure to clean out underneath for optimum light penetration down into the canopy.......now......back to my bucket in the corner......

Peace......DHF.........

Sobergrower

For sure DHF, they are some thick girls. I have been tentative about removing to much at once. I have cleaned up the bottoms but will definitely need to thin them out up too!

Sobergrower

I mixed up another batch of Jack’s Bloombooster formula 10 – 30–20 today. When I came in to check on the girls the subrogation level was pretty low even though the float valve was fully open. I transferred a Gallons from the main Reservoir straight into the submit irrigation and make sure the plants got a good watering.

I pulled off a few more leaves here and there just to allow some light penetration lower into the canopy. I probably could’ve done more.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

negative37dBA

Veteran
Those girls are looking very green and healthy. Not seeing very much of the purple petiole trait. Still looking great though..keep up the good work.
Peace, negative.

Sobergrower

It is September 11 2022. It is hard not to think about what happened in 2001 on this date. God bless all the souls lost and loved ones who lost friends and family.

Today is technically day 13 of flower for these two ladies. The stretch is in full swing and I have had to adjust the lights almost daily. I have about 12” of space left above the lights. I think I will be ok with about one week left.

The humidity in the tent has increased dramatically with the additional leaf mass. I have continued to prune both of the plants over the last two weeks. Some days have been light and some have ended with a grocery bag full of large fan leaves. I have been in the tent one day and the next day it doesn’t even look like I have removed a single leaf. Humidity today is 54% right where I want it.

The previous mixed nutrients are about half gone. I will most likely switch back to Jacks 3-2-1 this week. I suspect that will need to be in two days.

Ph in the sub irrigation portion is 5.9 with a ppm of 1150. The readings in the main reservoir are Ph 6.4 and ppm of 970. I am happy with these readings. The plants seem to be getting everything they need without much wasted. Anytime I pull nutrients from the sub irrigation portion I use them in one of our regular gardens outside so nothing is really wasted.

Anyway here are some pictures of the ladies. First up is Patty in the left.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And on the right is Selma.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

DunHav`nFun

Hey bro , those are some thick lateral limbed plants for absolutely sure and it looks like they`ve barely started spittin pistils at day 13 so always remember that stretch is scientifically proven to be exactly 50 % of the bloom cycle so hopefully with your lights puttin out what they should , the next 12" will be all you need by end of stretch with this particular hybrid.......and......

RH seems a little low IME but you do you so it works in your lil world , and I`ll be back over here on my bucket waitin for swellage on those girls......Take care , good luck and......

Peace......DHF.......

Sobergrower

Thanks DHF! I have read multiple threads about RH. I get confused at times by the differing opinion on subjects like this. At this stage what do you typically run for RH and why? I am open to a better understanding of the reasons people use.

Peace….SG