What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So your on a spaceship

shithawk420

Veteran
There's a really good fictional novel called Final Theory.i can't remember the whole book but some guy is trying to use the collider at Fermilab as a weapon using Einsteins unified field theory.its a good book.its pretty complicated though.even I didn't understand some of the physics involved.somehow using a wormhole and killing anyone anywhere on the planet.like I said I live about an hour away from Fermilab.ive seen it up close.

St. Phatty

Shithawk, really? I thought it was just American CERN. still, any practical applications they develop will get seen at some point, just like the drones they call UFO's.
st phatty, the only sport that comes to mind that doesn't need gravity, is darts.

I guess in a pinch the astronauts could always do "Target Spitting".

Click image for larger version  Name:	tenor.gif Views:	0 Size:	27.7 KB ID:	17902882

But maybe they need to conserve moisture.

You guys should not under-estimate yourselves, about understanding Physics etc.

You have an advantage - that of being a Cannabis consumer.

If you got the impression that you're not good at physics, it might mean you didn't have a good teacher.

You got 87 Billion neurons in your brain.

Since we're talking about space flight ... Ion Propulsion is not that difficult.

You may not be able to accelerate hydrolysis-ized water molecules (Oxygen ions, mostly, in terms of weight) to 1/10 the speed of light.

But you got to start somewhere ! :groupwave:

I bet Mytwhyt could build one, the member that started the "stuff I built" thread.

There's a really good fictional novel called Final Theory.i can't remember the whole book but some guy is trying to use the collider at Fermilab as a weapon using Einsteins unified field theory.its a good book.its pretty complicated though.even I didn't understand some of the physics involved.somehow using a wormhole and killing anyone anywhere on the planet.like I said I live about an hour away from Fermilab.ive seen it up close.

I read that the scientist there accept that quantum fields become entagled just like the particles they make. So for instance 2 particles are emitted form a common source 1 at point A the other at point B distance can be anything but if you measure the spin of the particle at point A then you know the spin of the particle at point B as it will be the same no matter what.
So if you change 1 particle the other changes!! the thing is though they think the fields themselves can be entangled.
When they create a vacuum they know that "virtual" particles appear in pairs and can just vanish as quick as they came they also know that these virtual particles can become entangled with the actual particles that are there when they collide.
So say you do the Alice and Bob thing and take 2 pairs of particles (that are entangled) and fly off to far parts of the galaxy and crush the pair of particles together to create a black hole the black holes have to be linked due to the entanglement and would therefore have a wormhole.
This all would suggest the gravity and quantum mechanics are linked or gravity arise from quantum mechs naturally.

shithawk420

Veteran
I read that the scientist there accept that quantum fields become entagled just like the particles they make. So for instance 2 particles are emitted form a common source 1 at point A the other at point B distance can be anything but if you measure the spin of the particle at point A then you know the spin of the particle at point B as it will be the same no matter what.
So if you change 1 particle the other changes!! the thing is though they think the fields themselves can be entangled.
When they create a vacuum they know that "virtual" particles appear in pairs and can just vanish as quick as they came they also know that these virtual particles can become entangled with the actual particles that are there when they collide.
So say you do the Alice and Bob thing and take 2 pairs of particles (that are entangled) and fly off to far parts of the galaxy and crush the pair of particles together to create a black hole the black holes have to be linked due to the entanglement and would therefore have a wormhole.
This all would suggest the gravity and quantum mechanics are linked or gravity arise from quantum mechs naturally.

According to theory I do believe your right.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I'm here to turn my brain off right now, as I've got stuff it needs to be on for to do. But after the weekend I'll be back to discuss the last paper and argue against that point. I don't know why or how right now, but instinctively, I can't accept that conclusion.

I'm here to turn my brain off right now, as I've got stuff it needs to be on for to do. But after the weekend I'll be back to discuss the last paper and argue against that point. I don't know why or how right now, but instinctively, I can't accept that conclusion.

Could space hold itself together without entanglement?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I don't believe in space, I believe in an absence of anything, that which does not exist has no need to hold anything together.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Is there a factor missing, in the theory of relativity. A constant that we don't see, so has no obvious effect when it's changed. As it's never changed. The interaction that gives mass a meaning. The relative difference between mass as we see it, and no mass. Is there, in fact, no mass. Or is it relative to our construct in the huge lattice of dark matter that makes up our nothing. If we could change the nothing. The part of relativity absent from our maths. Then light could go faster.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I did physics at school, but only because it was easy.

Perhaps a black hole is packed with nothing. So everything happens slower. Nothing getting in the way of everything. Just like doing my chores

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
We are here eternally, and at every other point in time simultaneously. Every timeline coexists at different points in the one, unchanging, multidimensional, block time.

Block time -

Well def makes going to the past easier as even if I go there I should'nt be afraid to change anything as it already is the way it is And by that your reply is already what it is.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I like space its the only thing that can be faster than light.
There will be a time when no light from other places can reach us because the space between us and the rest will get bigger faster than the light.
I really like to watch the pbs space time videos.
Not that i understand much but it gives me a glimps of how little humanity is compared to the rest of the universe.

One of my favourite videos but there is also a follow up with new insights.

shithawk420

Veteran
I like space its the only thing that can be faster than light.
There will be a time when no light from other places can reach us because the space between us and the rest will get bigger faster than the light.
I really like to watch the pbs space time videos.
Not that i understand much but it gives me a glimps of how little humanity is compared to the rest of the universe.

One of my favourite videos but there is also a follow up with new insights.

The universe might not be getting bigger.it might be getting smaller.no one really knows.the universe is a very scary place

chilliwilli

Waterboy
The universe might not be getting bigger.it might be getting smaller.no one really knows.the universe is a very scary place

Bigger is always in relation to something but the universe is everything.
As far as i know the expansion of space accelerates(caused by dark energy).
But thats only the current theory, maybe in a few decades we know the answers is really 42;)

Bigger is always in relation to something but the universe is everything.
As far as i know the expansion of space accelerates(caused by dark energy).
But thats only the current theory, maybe in a few decades we know the answers is really 42;)

It's deffo accelerating and who knows it could be time for so long and thanks for all the fish soon
Well it's accelerating in the sense that galaxies not bound to us are getting further away faster at the moment but the expansion of the universe is slowing down slowly.

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Block time -

Well def makes going to the past easier as even if I go there I should'nt be afraid to change anything as it already is the way it is And by that your reply is already what it is.

Well actually, not really. You see we don't move in time, according to the theory. There is a different version of each of us at every point in time during our time line. So the concept of one going back or forward in time, becomes obsolete. Looking at a different point in time will mean looking at the version of people who exist in that point in time.
its an interesting concept. The only reason I like it so much is that you can plug almost any scientific theory into it and the are no conflicts.