What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So, who's getting Black Ops tonight?!?!

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol I don't know what ill be faster with in this game, the Mute button or the guns ? hehehe

I know man fellow Americans and humans annoy the shit out of me as well. Ruin my experience and fun time, I like to be more positive and have fun. Sucks on PC I have to mute everyone individually.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm getting a McRib sandwich tonight.......

this poor old stoner has no gaming consoles

statusquo

Fucking $60. SIXTY fucking dollars for a video game...fuckin' outrageous.

I've slowly watched video games climb from an average of 29.99...to 39.99 to 49.99 and now 59.99....

Sucks for me because I'm a PC gamer and Steam says it's not being released for another 14 hours which pinpoints the release around 10AM tuesday unlike midnight for console gamers....dunno why...

Anyway, COD is a great series but they really need to put the pipe down when figuring out the costs of PC games...PC games should be inherently cheaper ($10 cheaper, say, 49.99) because of 2 factors:

1.) you cannot return your game and/or download for a refund like console gamers can
2.) cheaters are much more prevalent on PC multiplayer as opposed to console gaming (xbox live) - almost every single PC game i own with multiplayer has cheaters running rampant (TF2, BC2, COD:MW2, CS:S, etc.)

Upside - I get laid tonight as well!
1. Why can't PC gamers return their games? Are you saying they can't return opened, installed and played games? Can you return console games after opening and playing them? Just looking for clarification - I used to play PC games ALL the time when I was younger (red alert, CS, BF series, culminating in WOW and then I quit gaming after that lol) but never played consoles and never returned games. It should be noted selling a used console game is ridiculous - I remember going in with my friend a year ago and he only got 5 bucks for 4 games (they paid less than a dollar per game - granted they were a few years old but jeesus lol).

2. What does this have to do with the price being cheaper?

In regards to the CoD franchise specifically, PC games should be cheaper because they ARE cheaper to develop. IIRC, the development of these games is centered completely around consoles and they pretty much just do a little bit of tweaking to make it work on a PC. E.G. no more dedicated servers anymore - developers decided to just apply the console way of organizing games to PCs which was an AWFUL idea. It's not like they are starting from scratch...With steam though, we do see way cheaper PC games. The ability of people to download games directly greatly decreases operating costs for the supplier; not having to ship/stock (pay for media storage materials, packaging, shelf space etc etc) is key. Theoretically I can think of no reason why they don't have a similar system on consoles besides keeping prices so high.

Unfortunately, seeing that consoles are taking over, I don't see PC prices going down. PCs are much more expensive than consoles, are way easier to setup/maintain/use (consoles are ready to go out of the box with 0 work and are designed to do one thing). These facts coupled with the ever increasing laziness of parents means the new generations are being raised on consoles instead of PCs; we can see this is the main demographic of PC gamers (mid to late twenties and up).

Edit: Frankly I just don't see the appeal to the CoD franchise, especially after like the 4th version. Btw I'm not knocking on peoples' preferences I just don't get them and would like to understand it in a different way than I do now; people are just sheeps and succumb to the hype and all the other bs surrounding console gaming. I mean it's the same thing over and over with modified skins and maps and people line up to throw away $60 when new ones come out even when they know they are bad sometimes!

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
New machine:

Nvidia Case
MSI Military SPEC AM3 Motherboard, 3 way SLI, 16 GB ddr3 RAM
4GB Corsair DDR3
AMD Phenom 2 Quadcore 3.2ghz
BFGtech 896MB Nvidia 260 GTX Overclocked
1250 GB of Sata
24"Asus Monitor
5.1 Surround sound
Logitech Keyboard
Logitech G5 Mouse

= noobs eat bullets in beautiful rendering

Damnit boy! That's a bad ass machine.

statusquo

I have pretty much the same setup PK. Bought all my stuff on newegg and built my comp about a year ago almost - still using my 21" dell monitor from 4.5 years ago though haha. I'm also using my favorite keyboard to this day: standard $15 Microsoft keyboard w/ thin profile in all black. I used to own a G5 but switched back to the oldschool mice: mx510/microsoft 3.0s. I found the g5's slightly awkward/uncomfortable to hold and despite having the different weight settings, none of them felt right haha. How do you like yours and how long have you had yours for? And where do you get your computer stuff? Metal case?

RugerBaby

Autos are for pussies!
Veteran
sucks i cant play multiplayer till the new patch for modded xbox's comes out, sometime within a week....

Yeah, thats why I avoid mods. I know how to mod them, but I hate waiting for patches/updates, and did I mention perma bans?

FLUCK THAT!

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Yeah, thats why I avoid mods. I know how to mod them, but I hate waiting for patches/updates, and did I mention perma bans?

FLUCK THAT!

ya, thats the way it goes......

id rather pay $5 a game then $50+ though......

the perma ban is reversible, but i dont even want to try....

RugerBaby

Autos are for pussies!
Veteran
I'm getting a McRib sandwich tonight.......

this poor old stoner has no gaming consoles

sucks man, you should really consider buying one.

I have played every cod on release night, but for some reason i am not that stoked about this one. I play on PC, and have even went to the extreme of building a new computer days before modern warfare. Played FPS games for 13 years on PC, but right now i am hooked on starcraft....! I think that is why i am not even flinching, the gamestore is 5 min away I might but who knows?

MW2 lost me after a while, I like to be able to choose servers and be part of a gaming community, not just playing random scrubs from the net blasting through the mic because their mom is out for the night.

New machine:

Nvidia Case
MSI Military SPEC AM3 Motherboard, 3 way SLI, 16 GB ddr3 RAM
4GB Corsair DDR3
AMD Phenom 2 Quadcore 3.2ghz
BFGtech 896MB Nvidia 260 GTX Overclocked
1250 GB of Sata
24"Asus Monitor
5.1 Surround sound
Logitech Keyboard
Logitech G5 Mouse

= noobs eat bullets in beautiful rendering

looks similar to my pc, but I use mine for music production :)

dbuzz

Veteran
got it at walmart tonight. was like 5 people there, we were laughing it up because there must've been 75 ppl waiting next door at gamestop. :D

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
dowloadn update now.... i unfortunately couldnt get no ass cuz we watchin my niece n she knocked out with my girl in the bed..... but i got some uh this pure ta smoke!

RugerBaby

Autos are for pussies!
Veteran
so far, I have to say I like it. I was a little confused about creating a class at first, but got it now. I also had a ton of lag last night, hopefully I can get into some better lobbies tonight.

C

CANNATOPIA

I just beat the campaign missions & it was awesome! I am relay liking this game . Tonight I'm gonna jump online with it for a bit and try out multiplayer.

Latest posts

Latest posts