What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So, where did the different human races come from?

M

member 505892

You can teach worms to recoil from light, by associating light with an electric shock. If you then feed those worms to other worms, they know to recoil from the light. The second worm has learned something the first did, by eating it.
Look at how so many creatures have eyes,nose,mouth,teeth,hair,lungs,heart,kidneys.... The same recipe basically. Then go right back to minimalist life assimilating others. There is strong evidence to suggest 'you are what you eat'

I think the oldest are the Chinese. The further we get from being fish, the more intelligent we get, and the less teeth we have on our shrinking mouths. You can map average IQ's globally. Over there, where the Romans realised there were people, we find IQ scores of 110 and the flatter faces. While in Africa we find IQ scores 60-80 and the bigger jaw.

I can see no reason to think we came from Africa. That would suggest the ruling families culled anyone with over half a brain. Though looking how witches were hunted, it's not beyond us.

Perhaps something similar crawled out the water in a few places globally. Eating similar things, they were simply destined to evolve into similar creatures, even with geographical divides that stop people mixing, the birds and fish come and go and remember 'we are what we eat'

I do wonder if the wildlife around people has shaped them more than we might like to of thought about. Will Americans eventually all look like burgers? Will the UK take back the waters and give us back webbed feet? Will the Thai's eventually all look like cocks?

Everyone's DNA traces back to the same area in eastern Africa.
Seems like a pretty good 'reason'.

troutman

Seed Whore
picture.php

Road to 50 posts :

Interesting question no real answer.I mean there are NO trustworthy news outlets, modern day pseudo intellectuals are re writing the dictionary
The curriculum in schools is vastly different from 30 yrs ago

Big tech giants in sillicon valley control what information we can see

Independent thinkers are seen as evil dissenters spouting WRONG THINK..

It's a very Orwellian world we live in at least in the US .
What information can be trusted ?
Do questions like these have answers

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Seems like a pretty good 'reason'.

I hear it, but I don't see it. It was a single part of our make-up they traced to betty who lives at number 24. However that's today. They didn't realise betty used to live over on York Avenue. They only know where she is now.

That is exactly how it is. This one thing they followed is found there today. It could of come from anywhere.

If we started there then why are they the least advanced. If I accept we were there I still have to think it's where this trait comes from. Perhaps from eating something from Africa's largest lake at that time. It just doesn't seem realistic that we could be from anywhere other than the Philippines. Little islands on the equator with fewer predators for anything crawling out the huge ocean. In the area where people have the higher IQ's. Reason suggests we would move along the coast. In the temporate zone. India.. Egypt.. Africa. It was going to happen. Then perhaps there we picked up something we can't shake. Or we delivered it. Todays testing tells us nothing any more factual than my story.

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
from space, we are predators who take over this planet from others. we made those other living animals our own slaves. we destroyed their families and homes and when they see us in wild they will escape us. we destroyed ourselves. we were group and we cared each other, but power of evilness made us what we are now. some of us still wants good which is saving thing to me, because it means that change is still possible, and i can see it's slowly happening when we all realize not to follow those elite demons.

M

member 505892

I hear it, but I don't see it. It was a single part of our make-up they traced to betty who lives at number 24. However that's today. They didn't realise betty used to live over on York Avenue. They only know where she is now.

That is exactly how it is. This one thing they followed is found there today. It could of come from anywhere.

If we started there then why are they the least advanced. If I accept we were there I still have to think it's where this trait comes from. Perhaps from eating something from Africa's largest lake at that time. It just doesn't seem realistic that we could be from anywhere other than the Philippines. Little islands on the equator with fewer predators for anything crawling out the huge ocean. In the area where people have the higher IQ's. Reason suggests we would move along the coast. In the temporate zone. India.. Egypt.. Africa. It was going to happen. Then perhaps there we picked up something we can't shake. Or we delivered it. Todays testing tells us nothing any more factual than my story.

Because that is the only common denominator that every person has.

Every single person has the same link to the same region.

There are many reasons why certain groups of people could have higher general IQ's than other regions.

Diet, environment, experiences that were shared and passed on to those closer to them etc.

Once the few people left eastern Africa they all went different ways and changed differently due to different diet, conditions, experiences etc.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
remember that EvOlution is Theory.

correct.

a scientific theory.

the highest order of explanation.

no scientific explanation is worth its skrit until it is put through the ringer of scientific methodology and it comes out a successful scientific theory.

scientific theories are accepted as correct to a maximal level of certainty.

they are built on laws, facts, data... and often represent handshakes between multiple (potentially previously unrelated) disciplines, coming together on the same answer using different roads.

germ theory of disease is another scientific theory.

(just wanted to be clear for anyone reading)

Koondense

Veteran
I see humans racing in different categories, F1 is the top open wheel category and holds as much as 22 races every year.
I'm also human so i like races, if you don't it shows how unhuman you are.

Cheers

therevverend

Veteran
No you're confusing some of the hominid discoveries in East Africa with genetic testing. The earliest anatomically modern human remains have been found in Ethiopia, South Africa, and Morocco. 'Anatomically modern' is a weird concept. The reason East African DNA is closer to the groups that left Africa, that's where humans crossed over into Asia originally. The 'oldest' group, or earliest split, are Kalahari bushmen who aren't primitive, don't have bigger jaws or smaller brains or whatever.

You can teach worms to recoil from light, by associating light with an electric shock. If you then feed those worms to other worms, they know to recoil from the light. The second worm has learned something the first did, by eating it.
Look at how so many creatures have eyes,nose,mouth,teeth,hair,lun gs,heart,kidneys.... The same recipe basically. Then go right back to minimalist life assimilating others. There is strong evidence to suggest 'you are what you eat'

I think the oldest are the Chinese. The further we get from being fish, the more intelligent we get, and the less teeth we have on our shrinking mouths. You can map average IQ's globally. Over there, where the Romans realised there were people, we find IQ scores of 110 and the flatter faces. While in Africa we find IQ scores 60-80 and the bigger jaw.

I can see no reason to think we came from Africa. That would suggest the ruling families culled anyone with over half a brain. Though looking how witches were hunted, it's not beyond us.

Perhaps something similar crawled out the water in a few places globally. Eating similar things, they were simply destined to evolve into similar creatures, even with geographical divides that stop people mixing, the birds and fish come and go and remember 'we are what we eat'

I do wonder if the wildlife around people has shaped them more than we might like to of thought about. Will Americans eventually all look like burgers? Will the UK take back the waters and give us back webbed feet? Will the Thai's eventually all look like cocks?

Racist bullshit, everything you posted is nonsense. There isn't a single fact in your entire post. We are not what we eat. Are cows grass? Thais are turning into penises? Animals 'lose teeth' as they get smarter? Humans have smaller jaws then their ape ancestors because of cooking. There's an earlier proto-human line that evolved to dig tubers, they have massive jaws for chewing up lots of tough fiber.

The stuff about the worms is silly, you can't learn from digesting other organisms. I think you have it confused with the Lamarckian concept that learning is inheritable but God only knows. Cannibals would be brilliant. Romans had an IQ of 110 while Africans are retards? What study are you basing this on? Have you ever taken an IQ test? I'd guess you'd score on the lower side, not because I think you're dumb but because you don't have the book learning that's necessary to score high. The last time I took an IQ test I scored much lower then when I was in college. Because I hadn't done high school math and English in 30 years. IQ is only relevant if you have at least a high school diploma. Most Romans wouldn't have been able to read an IQ test..

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Just clarify one point, humans did not evolve from apes. We are apes. All ape families evolved from a common ancestor and that family evolved into different branches adapting to their environments through the process of survival of the best suited.

St. Phatty

I see humans racing in different categories, F1 is the top open wheel category and holds as much as 22 races every year.
I'm also human so i like races, if you don't it shows how unhuman you are.

Cheers

Butt walking is where it's at.

You go slow but you develop your ass cheeks.

Also it's an exercise that some amputees can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gAFZr2uoIk

Can you imagine 1000 people in a butt-walking race around the Indy 500 track !

That would be so ... ?

... an example of stoned thinking perhaps.

Def. need some Cannabis at the aid stations.

El Timbo

Just clarify one point, humans did not evolve from apes. We are apes. All ape families evolved from a common ancestor and that family evolved into different branches adapting to their environments through the process of survival of the best suited.

According to our human-invented system of classification, yes. The rest of nature is oblivious to our labels of course.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I'm not sure which way round to take that. Whether you're saying that we aren't apes, or that we are no different from say gorillas or whether you're saying we aren't all human. I guess in the grand scheme, all could be considered true.

Latest posts

Latest posts