What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So is Canada going to legalize or what?

troutman

Seed Whore
^^^^^

You could even park your beer tanker at Wasaga beach and hope nobody steals
any and thinks you're the coolest guy there while flashing you with some titties.

:peacock:

I'm not looking to sell weed. I just want to grow a bunch of plants and be left alone.

One day to control us even more. The Government try to will ban home food production.

Gmack

Trout just pay the money get a medical license and do as you please.sucks it cost money but it's better paying the doctor for the right then paying the lp's for the schwag.

troutman

Seed Whore
Trout just pay the money get a medical license and do as you please.sucks it cost money but it's better paying the doctor for the right then paying the lp's for the schwag.

LP's do sell schwag. I can buy 30 grams now a month and tried 3 strains and they all suck. Didn't cost me a penny to get a doctor for that prescription. I've been told getting a growing prescription is basically extortion by the doctors though.

Gmack

Right your paying for the paperwork to be filled out not the actual visit with the friendly doc... so they say for legal reasons. Growing 4 plants is just fucking bullshit tbh. Getting a 10-15 gram per day grow license is easy and not that hard on the wallet( $500 or under) To get good lp weed cost over $10 a gram so you do the math it only takes two Months of buying lp weed to cost as much as a grow license and renewals cost less so your yearly cost goes down.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
ACMPR

ACMPR

I still cannot understand why all you guys believe that it has to cost you a lot of money to get your grow license.

It cost me less than $20.00. I had to pay for some photo copying and postage. Nothing more.

RMS

:smoweed:

Gmack

I still cannot understand why all you guys believe that it has to cost you a lot of money to get your grow license.

It cost me less than $20.00. I had to pay for some photo copying and postage. Nothing more.

RMS

:smoweed:

I used a clinic that charges a fee for a few years. Now my family doc signs for free. Cost me certified letter postage. But I know not everyone is in that situation so the pay for service clinics still serve a purpose and most medical users have to go to one to get legal.

Somatek

Not a good comparison. It could have a lot less regs. I can brew 10,000 gallons of beer if I want. No licence or "prescription" required, and no inspections. I can carry those 10,000 gallons around with me in a tanker truck while another 10,000 gallons are brewing in my garage. Or I can register as a craft winery and brew and sell me own wine (the government would even help with marketing), or grow tomatoes and sell them at a stand at the end of my driveway. Should I continue?

Eventually, it'll be as unregulated as wine.

Saying it have a lot less regs vs no regs (like tomatoes) are very different things. I agree it should have a lot less regs (like alcohol) but do not agree it should be unregulated at this point.

A teen can't brew their own they're of age, u can't sell homebrewed beer & we aren't allowed to distill hard liquor without a license. They're minimal but it's still regulated. Often not enforced unless someone is blatantly breaking them for profit. I imagine that's where pot will end up after the courts fix the regulations & clean the constitutional inconsistencies. I doubt it'll ever be sold with tomatoes at farmer gates because any kid could come along & take it. Regardless of science showing it's safety, people will be afraid of kid getting inebriated. I don't see that value changing in the next 20 years.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Saying it have a lot less regs vs no regs (like tomatoes) are very different things. I agree it should have a lot less regs (like alcohol) but do not agree it should be unregulated at this point.

A teen can't brew their own they're of age, u can't sell homebrewed beer & we aren't allowed to distill hard liquor without a license. They're minimal but it's still regulated. Often not enforced unless someone is blatantly breaking them for profit. I imagine that's where pot will end up after the courts fix the regulations & clean the constitutional inconsistencies. I doubt it'll ever be sold with tomatoes at farmer gates because any kid could come along & take it. Regardless of science showing it's safety, people will be afraid of kid getting inebriated. I don't see that value changing in the next 20 years.
OK. So I took it a little too far. But honestly, I don't think it's that far off. And Jr. Won't be growing his weed unless it's for mom.

I agree that it could be 20 years, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's only 10 or even 5. Once they see Opioid deaths dropping, I think they'll change their mind. In the USA too. I know of two who kicked a heavy habit and they're not even heavy tokers today.

Somatek

OK. So I took it a little too far. But honestly, I don't think it's that far off. And Jr. Won't be growing his weed unless it's for mom.

I agree that it could be 20 years, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's only 10 or even 5. Once they see Opioid deaths dropping, I think they'll change their mind. In the USA too. I know of two who kicked a heavy habit and they're not even heavy tokers today.

I hope you're right, they legalised it 5 years earlier then I predicted so I could be overly pessimistic. The opioid crisis could definitely push it forward, realising how much they're losing by stifling businesses (cafes, lounges, etc).

My point was expecting no regulations like tomatoes wasn't realistic, it's obviously over regulated now & by taking a more moderate viewpoint we can effect greater change.