What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So far - pretty dissappointed :-(

Seedsearcher

So I bought Med man's Master Kush - only got 2 females out of 10, Lady bugs bubba 7 - almost all fruity/lemon, and West coast sour diesel - only 3 out of 6, 4 didn't germ.

Have 3 weeks left and not even close to any of your pics or the pics I have seen. Mostly though I am super dissappointed in the smells, why is it that my super kerosene stinky through the walls WCSD all smell like fruity or lemons? Why do all my lady bugs smell like generic plant weed? One of the two master kush's smell like Kush, but both are extremely lanky with small popocorn buds, nothing like the description which I'm not sure is just what the mother use is.
How many beans does it take to get something super stinky fuel/kerosene from the WCSD?

I'm going to give them a second run with some more topping and maybe a different nute regimen but most of them are looking like they will be tossed and no more buying from me.

Throw me some advice for the next round - just running in soilless and yes, I know what I'm doing.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have grown MedMan Silver Skunk to great benefit. Can't speak for these

Saying yes you know what you're doing, doesn't really say anything

Reminds me of people thinking Mars LED panels give them good results. Compared to what?

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
based on the smells you're describing i would say might be user error? got any pics? i find smells are lost with too much food and replaced with a grass smell as the plants attempt to grow more vegetation vs shutting down growing and focusing on ripening. not saying you don't know what you're doing. every plant doesn't like every food. you can pop a 10 pack and run em all in the same nutes and find only one likes the food you're serving in that establishment.

Seedsearcher

I don't agree, if it's good genetics, there should be no problems with my setup. I know that NOT every bean is going to be A+, but when it's advertised as stinky fuel, and it smells like lemon, that is problem.

Saying yes I know what I'm doing means I've had great results consistently with other beans and been doing it long enough that I know when there is no chance of dialing it in to make it better - no grower expertise is going to turn hemp into a cup winner iygmd.

I've heard a lot of people rag on Med man for not disclosing his males or possibly using the same male to outcross to various moms.
I'd rather have something constructive.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi seedsearcher

If i use you

I would be focussing on the solution by explaining the problems. Good genes do not in anyway shape or form = a perfect harvest.

Let me know what ppm you run. What Temps. What brand nutes and take pics of the whole grow with individual plant shots to demonstrate some facts.

Otherwise. You could just be another guy on the troll boat tryna make me look bad. Or you could be totally honest. At this point nothing can be validated

Especially since no bids are dried or cured based on you op

Kind regards

med-man

Last edited:

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi seed searcher

i also dont know where my description of master kush said short, stocky, stinky?

its noted qualities are for cash croppers

- high yield
- high resin
- big stretch in veg and bloom
- low odor

its called med-mans master kush. not master kush from anyone else. it is a bc cut i have inbred to perfection.

med-man

Seedsearcher

hi seed searcher

i also dont know where my description of master kush said short, stocky, stinky?

its noted qualities are for cash croppers

- high yield
- high resin
- big stretch in veg and bloom
- low odor

its called med-mans master kush. not master kush from anyone else. it is a bc cut i have inbred to perfection.

med-man

No, but your West coast sour diesel does : "Smells like gas, kerosene, diesel. very potent. Big yield, fast growth. charcoal filters will not mask the odor. Nose will penetrate concrete walls.
Smells like gas, kerosene, diesel. very potent. Big yield, fast growth. charcoal filters will not mask the odor. Nose will penetrate concrete walls."

Two out of the three are lemony smelling - very generic.

As far as the previous qoute and the whole getting more females thing, I'm pretty sure it's not controllable, however at the exact same time, I popped BCBD Socal Master kush, the Black and Fire OG bx3. The socal, and Fire og are looking exactly like they were described, The black is a complete loser and either packaged wrong or a complete lie as it is 100% nothing like described and complete waste of time and garbage.

I'm not going to post some hard to see anything from orange light photos, but the bubba and master are very unlikely to yield anything near what you stated as there is NO calyx stacking, at best if the finish properly, they will have little golf balls, but the stretch between the nodes is so far apart that yield will be very low, again, not like the description.

My point is: I gave you the benefit of the doubt and sprung some money as well as time and space and am getting burned like most other seed "breeder's" and won't try any of the other offerings.

Places like Dynasty genetics, Rare dankness, DNA and other's at ******s have all come through with accurate descriptions, plants that look like the photo's and quality yield, smell and resin.

Unfortunately I have to run the clones and if the clones do better, then I'll retract, but if it's not good the first time, it doesn't usually get better.

Seedsearcher

It is really lame for a newbie to come on here and complain without any pictures.

W E

So Med man it also boils down to this (NOT a troll) as a regular seedbuyer, I want to get a minimum of 90% germ rate, if regular seeds then close to 50% female, and a somewhat accurate description or at least 1 or 2 that fit the description and/or look like the promo pic and ideally would like to have the problem of them all being good and having to choose between multiple great pheno's to keep, rather than getting nothing exceptional in a pack and having to find another breeder and go through the whole process again.

With your seeds, I got about 60% -70% germ, 30% female and not fitting the description. That's what is disappointing. Hard to win those customer's back.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi seedsearcher

about 1 in every 99 people isnt happy. thats a great ratio from my end

i would love to see a quote of mine concerning the bubba.

and for your future success without my genes i gave you 3 great links to better your grow life.

thanks for your support

med-man

Seedsearcher

Ladybugs Bubba
Ladybug is a heavy in the clone game in the lower mainland bc. This is his bubba. Another amazing bc bubba. tons of branching. Great for trees. Big yield. the sweetest smell and taste with an awesome coffee/fuel/skunk/kushy bottom. Tastes exactly how she smells. Its nice becuase she can be cropped at 8 weeks. I always go 10 weeks. Nice elongated afghani kush colas. Rock hard. headstash. Its a sticky icky strain. no matter how much cure or too dry the bud becomes. It cloggs busters. Ladybugs "best" medical clone by far.
Flowering Time: 8-10 wks

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cool

now lets see some pics

if your bud isnt dried or cured yet then how can you quote the description?

med-man

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
seedsearcher

you never replied to what ppm you run? or respnded to any other questions. not really appreciated

med-man

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
:violin:

2 females out of 10 seeds popped? It's the luck of the draw. Probably the person who bought the next pack of seeds after you, got 8 out of 10.*

*(snark warning for the tongue in cheek impaired)

Seedsearcher

seedsearcher

you never replied to what ppm you run? or respnded to any other questions. not really appreciated

med-man

I don't see how PPM makes a difference on the smell, PPM is relative to grow style not the plant. But Fwiw - I run 1000-1100 max, GH and temps are 75-80 with CO2.

I don't have anything but cell phone camera and it's not good and I'm not using that to post pics online.

I'm at 7 weeks and I have enough experience to tell that these aren't going to be how they are described unless you are telling me that planty, and lemony are going to magically turn to Gas/fuel/kush.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi seedsearcher

thanks for the reply. i appreciate it

ppm have everything to do with results. esp yield and aroma, which both relate to trichome production

i am posting a guideline for you or anyone else to follow with my strains. to ensure and prevent powdery mildew, bugs attacks and make optimal conditions to get my plants' full potential

med-man

DrFever

Veteran
This thread is useless with out pics hahaha
Hey how are them yellow cfl's doing anyways ???? lmao

Latest posts

Latest posts